I just acquired Magrans Favor for my Paladin (kind wayfarer)/Cipher(sould blade) PC, and i am trying to decide how to best enchant it. I like the sound of Blazing Core (burn damage heals), but if i am reading it right it says 15% of the *burn* damage. Since Magrans favor only has a 15% burning lash, does that effectively mean 0.15*0.15 ~ 2% healing per hit (of course Flames of Devotions adds to that, but still)? Living Pyre also sounds pretty good, though its effect is a bit slow to take effect (requiring kills).

For the lash, "Enduring flame" sounds decent, but the damage is fairly low, isn't it? The alternative (burning burst) does not specify how much AoE damage it does, so its hard to choose.

yeah i'm pretty sure that unless you have a second enchantment (either burning burst or enduring flame) or have abilities that add burn damage, the heal effect is really lame. you might want to save and then enchanting it and then attacking a townperson with it to make sure (reloading once you've verified one way or the other).

I tried it a few times, the amount healed differs a lot, but my PC also crits townspeople quite a lot :) 

I also tried some real opponents separated from the party, and without additional burn damage, the effect is indeed pathetic (1-2 health per hit), however my PC has flames of devotion version with the persistent burn damage, and the party has a change that also adds +10% which makes it a bit more interesting i suppose. I will have to test a bit more, but i am eager to hear any experience others might have.

It's 15% of the burn damage *IT* does... so burn damage from other sources = no heals.

It seems to do well with the combo of eternal devotion, Aefyllath, and Scion of Flame (or FOD spamming). (if you're a monk i think Turning wheel works too but I haven't tested that)

It's still not tons of health but when you couple that with a ring of greater regen and/or other health on hit/kill items then the few points here and there start adding up to quite a bit of quick regen. 

Edited by Theosupus

It's 15% of the burn damage *IT* does... so burn damage from other sources = no heals.

It seems to do well with the combo of eternal devotion, Aefyllath, and Scion of Flame (or FOD spamming). (if you're a monk i think Turning wheel works too but I haven't tested that)

It's still not tons of health but when you couple that with a ring of greater regen and/or other health on hit/kill items then the few points here and there start adding up to quite a bit of quick regen. 

That combo is pretty much what my party is already doing. My PC has eternal devotion and Scion of flame, and one of my chanters does Aefyllath. My PC is a Kind Wayfarer so FoD is also doing healing.

From a few tests, the healing does not seem so impressive (even with various additional burn effects). Typically 1-2 health per hit. I guess living pyre might be a better choice, even though you literally have to kill someone for the benefit :)