three weeks ago we were told to keep an eye out for notices over the next couple weeks

June 21

Our rewards are at last at a stage where they can start being sent out, so keep an eye out for notification emails and tracking information over the next couple weeks as our distribution houses begin sending out the first batch of rewards. We apologize again for the delay, and we can't wait for all of our backers to finally get their hands on the physical items they deserve.

• Like 1

All Stop. On Screen.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, backers! Incredibly sorry for the delay in goods and the lack of communication on our end - I've written a formal announcement post here about the current state of affairs and will be updating this page weekly to make sure you guys are all in the loop. It's been a rough ride and I can't thank you all enough for the support you've given to Deadfire and for your patience. 

Hello, backers! Incredibly sorry for the delay in goods and the lack of communication on our end - I've written a formal announcement post here about the current state of affairs and will be updating this page weekly to make sure you guys are all in the loop. It's been a rough ride and I can't thank you all enough for the support you've given to Deadfire and for your patience. 

Dan,

I appreciate you guys finally providing an update with some actual information in it.   Can you tell us what caused the delays for the items in the Ohio center?  I am just trying to understand how we got to 8/1 and still do not have the product.

Hi Townsend - thanks for asking. Manufacturing started much later than we expected through some miscommunication about contracts, which then lead to customs problems that we solved by just hiring an outside contractor to do (and more contracts). When the items were finally delivered to the warehouses, one of the key members of the team that manages the backer data had a personal emergency that disabled us from sending our data to the distributors, which then lead to delays in us being able to pay them an advance that would finally let them ship your rewards (the Ohio distributor). 

I know an explanation doesn't make it right or your rewards at your door any sooner, but I hope it helped a bit.

Dan,

thank you for being transparent about these things.

IME, people tend to be way more understanding and lenient when presented with honest and frequent communication about stuff that goes wrong.

If you hold back on information out of fear it won't look good, or because you're waiting on set dates or for whatever other reason, the lack of communication is often perceived as a lack of action, lack of interest, or both. Of course that is not necessarily true (and in fact it wasn't in this case), but that's what silence tends to read as.

On the other hand, frequent communication—even just to say there have been no new developments and you're waiting on feedback/action/whatever—conveys the message that you are on top of it, and that you care.

Again, silence doesn't mean you don't care or aren't doing the needful. It's about perception. I can totally get behind all that happened, and I have no qualms waiting for my backer rewards—but boy does it make it better to know the reason for the wait :)

Edited by AndreaColombo
  • Like 1

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Dan,

thank you for being transparent about these things.

IME, people tend to be way more understanding and lenient when presented with honest and frequent communication about stuff that goes wrong.

If you hold back on information out of fear it won't look good, or because you're waiting on set dates or for whatever other reason, the lack of communication is often perceived as a lack of action, lack of interest, or both. Of course that is not necessarily true (and in fact it wasn't in this case), but that's what silence tends to read as.

On the other hand, frequent communication—even just to say there have been no new developments and you're waiting on feedback/action/whatever—conveys the message that you are on top of it, and that you care.

Again, silence doesn't mean you don't care or aren't doing the needful. It's about perception. I can totally get behind all that happened, and I have no qualms waiting for my backer rewards—but boy does it make it better to know the reason for the wait :)

Agree with this 100%

Hi Townsend - thanks for asking. Manufacturing started much later than we expected through some miscommunication about contracts, which then lead to customs problems that we solved by just hiring an outside contractor to do (and more contracts). When the items were finally delivered to the warehouses, one of the key members of the team that manages the backer data had a personal emergency that disabled us from sending our data to the distributors, which then lead to delays in us being able to pay them an advance that would finally let them ship your rewards (the Ohio distributor). 

I know an explanation doesn't make it right or your rewards at your door any sooner, but I hope it helped a bit.

Dan,

Thank you for the reply.  I certainly look forward to receiving my items and appreciate the unforeseen issues you all faced,  however as the other person stated more updates (even with potentially less info)  is better than fewer updates that still didn't say anything.

Glad you all seem to be on top of it now and hopefully will come out the other side a bit wiser.

Wish you all the best and hope to see my stuff soon.