Hey guys, 

So, instead of posting my Mindstalker build in the forums with a bunch of different revisions and questions, I was hoping someone here who's had experience playing with the subclass would be willing to let me send them what I have, so that I can have a more focused discussion without adding entire pages to the builds forum by myself. 

What I'm looking for specifically:

- A ranged character that works Cipher spells into a ranged Sneak Attack barrage, probably making use of the Streetfighter subclass and the Blunderbuss modal.

- A good mix of Cipher and Rogue abilities. I've run into some multiclasses where it seems like you just take a few abilities from one class and mostly abilities from other classes (See, X/Paladin)

- Someone patient, and willing to help sift through LOTS of different ideas. 

The main advantage of streetfigther is the -50% recovery time.  So if you're playing ranged, to take advantage of it you'll need to be at half health or less most of the time.  

It's too bad Phantom Foes is FOE Aoe only.  

Obviously Kitchen Stove's encounter power to open up fights, then switch weapons.  Be in the front lines initially to get hit once or twice, go to half health, then teleport out and let tanks step up.  The key is to ascend with the -50% recovery time up.  I guess that's what you're thinking? 

Death Godlike, and once Xoti gets barring death's door, go to Near Death, have Xoti cast that spell on you, ascend, and then whale away.  

EDIT: Also, Pallegina's the better tank than Rekke because her summons can tank, too.  You can also use her ogres to flank, which is an easy way to get sneak attack.  As a chanter, she also has the "faster reload time" chant AND give party-wide accuracy bonuses.

Edited by Marigoldran

The main advantage of streetfigther is the -50% recovery time.  So if you're playing ranged, to take advantage of it you'll need to be at half health or less most of the time.  

Obviously Kitchen Stove's encounter power to open up fights, then switch weapons.  Be in the front lines initially to get hit once or twice, go to half health, then teleport out and let tanks step up.  The key is to ascend with the -50% recovery time up.  I guess that's what you're thinking? 

Death Godlike, and once Xoti gets barring death's door, go to Near Death, have Xoti cast that spell on you, ascend, and then whale away.  

EDIT: Also, Pallegina's the better tank than Rekke because her summons can tank, too.  You can also use her ogres to flank.  

Playing a pro-Rauatai character, so Pallegina will probably leave at some point or other. As far as staying flanked/bloodied goes, I can just use the Blunderbuss modal, but that includes a -5 Accuracy malus. 

My build as it is can be found here. I've also considered some different stat spreads, which are located in my last post on that thread. 

https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/103678-potd-build-mindstalker-the-company-man-heavy-rpnot-for-solo-needs-a-few-finishing-touches/

I've considered just going vanilla Rogue so I don't have to bother with setting up the Streetfighter conditional, but I'm not sure how bad the reload times would be for that. As Streetfighter, it seems like I can fire, reload, and then fire again almost instantly. 

You can use Powder Burns (Blunderbuss modal) to inflict Flanked on yourself. -5 Accuracy shouldn't be an issue if you have a Paladin, since the Paladin aura will offset it. Edited by Wolken3156

You can use Powder Burns (Blunderbuss modal) to inflict Flanked on yourself.

Do you mind if I send you what I have in a PM so we can discuss things in more detail? Just so I don't overload the forum. 

Custom build your own herald then (it's not like Rekke has many Roleplay potential).

I mean, if you're ok with a Death Godlike, spend most of combat at Near-Death with Xoti as your personal support spamming Might Inspirations and Barring Death's Door.  .  

Some other herald casts the Paralyze chant.  Extra crit chance.  +100% crit damage when you're flanked and blooded as streetfighter.  +3 PL as Death Godlike.  With Xoti focused on you, the Herald can heal your tanks.  

Also, start a romance with Xoti.  Encourage her to become crazy and evil.  She's infatuated with Death and you're a Death Godlike.  

Ooo la la.  

[i'm not going to check PM.  Just go ahead and overload the forums.  That's what it's for].  

Edited by Marigoldran