"No save file found" Trying to import PoE to PoE2 on a Mac

freeformed

Question

During the selection of legacy starting a new game, No save files are available to select from PoE. I definitely finished the PoE1, and watched all the end slides and credits.

I would very much like to continue the character into PoE2.

I am on a Mac, and purchased both games through Apple App Store.

Any help?

4 answers to this question

Hi freeformed,

Can you please confirm the following?

1. POE1 Definitive Edition save file location: ~/Library/Containers/com.mpdigital.poecomplete/Data/Library/Application Support/Pillars of Eternity/Saved Games

OR

2. POE1 Standard Edition save file location: ~/Library/Containers/com.mpdigital.pillarsofeternity/Data/Library/Application Support/Pillars of Eternity/Saved Games

3. POE2 save file location: ~Library/Containers/com.mpdigital.pillars2/Data/Library/Application Support/Pillars of Eternity II

Your POE1 gamecomplete.savegame need to be in either location 1 or 2 (depending on your edition of POE1) in order for your POE2 game to be able to find them for importing. If your POE1 gamecomplete.savegame files are not in either location, please let us know where they are located.

Thanks!

I am having the same issue. Can't import my Poe1 save into Poe2 on a MacBook Pro.

My save file is named:

02ffac66-f2d9-4113-948f-392b894db302 gamecomplete.savegame

My save game complete file is in the folder: 

~/Library/Containers/com.mpdigital.poecomplete/Data/Library/Application Support/Pillars of Eternity/Saved Games

I have also copied the completed save game to the folder: 

~Library/Containers/com.mpdigital.pillars2/Data/Library/Application Support/Pillars of Eternity II/Saved Games

Both games were purchased through the Apple App Store. 

I'd really love to play the game with my character from Poe1. Can anyone help?