LegendaryWyatt

Question

Is it just me or are 2 Handed weapons extremely weak? Here I have this massive great-sword of exceptional quality and it does a piddly 14-24 damage per hit with a 5-6 second recovery time in between... What!?

Then I have a couple of regular looking swords, also of exceptional quality, and they do 21-30 damage every 3 seconds! That's not only more damage, it's faster too! So then I thought, hang on. Maybe bigger weapons are better for penetrating armour. Yep, they are. Slightly.

It has 2 more extra penetration than the swords. That's so meagre it's laughable! What's going on here? I can't see any good reason to use a 2-H weapon that isn't a quarterstaff because apparently a stick of wood is deadlier then a EFFING GREAT SWORD! ARHGAHJRR

post-218280-0-91525400-1531589687_thumb.png

Edited by LegendaryWyatt

2 answers to this question

Guest Psychovampiric Shield

Yeah, but that two-hander attacks in cone, i.e. hits multiple foes.

2 pen may not seem as a big deal, but often is.

Staff is good e.g. against skeletons, but note that long reach means enemies have large area in which they can move and not trip disengagement attack. Long reach weapons were very useful for frontliners in PoE 1, because they made them difficult to bypass and get to squishier characters behind, but in PoE 2, they on the contrary make it much easier (on top of it being already easy, because characters often move to follow enemies instead of making disengagement attack).

Yeah, but that two-hander attacks in cone, i.e. hits multiple foes.

2 pen may not seem as a big deal, but often is.

Staff is good e.g. against skeletons, but note that long reach means enemies have large area in which they can move and not trip disengagement attack. Long reach weapons were very useful for frontliners in PoE 1, because they made them difficult to bypass and get to squishier characters behind, but in PoE 2, they on the contrary make it much easier (on top of it being already easy, because characters often move to follow enemies instead of making disengagement attack).

I just checked with a regular exceptional great-sword and it does do more respectable damage. Around 32-40. I suppose you raise a good point. It still feels weak though, considering how Eothas damned big it is. (See what I did there) :\