Having some trouble in decided between two custom party members. After looking over the options, I've thought it be nice to have 2 chanters, giving the party different buffs and focusing them on different chanter 'attacks', but when looking at the last two tiers of powers I'm left wondering if its really worth going pure chanter and not multi classing with something else. What are peoples opinions on pure chanters support capability against something like chanter/priest. 

Always MC chanter. Its low-level abilities are really good and it can't use them at the same time as its high-level abilities.

Edited by gkathellar

If I'm typing in red, it means I'm being sarcastic. But not this time.

Dark green, on the other hand, is for jokes and irony in general.

I had this in my party at one point:

Troubadour/ kind wayfarer - 18 might, 18 Intel exalted endurance, ancestral memory, dual wield pistols and FoD heals in a small aoe. Standard LoH. Makes a great healer with two concurrent aoe heal over times. You can run a second chanter buff of your choice concurrent. I used sure handed most of the time. Invocation less important because this char won't activate brisk as much.

Troubadour/ Ghost Heart - my summoner and rifleman. 18 int, 10 might, 18 per. Brisk any buff you want and summon chanter summons of your choice. Summon your ghostheart bear to start combat (behind enemies). Build the pet as a DPS since you can re summon a ton of times. I kept my chanter near each other so they both benefited from sure handed. You can have this guy use sure handed and your dual buff guy run something else if you want. Rifle of your choice, gunner and two handed style

Both of these guys were really ability starved and stat starved because I had them doing so much. However, they were solid support, summons, and dps. I would often have both of them summon different things. I could also see making the wildheart a beckoner, but I'm not a fan. Big ogres more often pls.

Just some ideas for you. Plenty of room for improvement on my builds

I highly recommend kind wayfarer MC. Equip blunderbuss so his buffs cover both front and backline. Bonus: equip hand mortar for Aoe FOD.

Blunderbuss allows for minimal micromanagent, he will stand behind the tank and stil be in range for invocations.

I highly recommend kind wayfarer MC. Equip blunderbuss so his buffs cover both front and backline. Bonus: equip hand mortar for Aoe FOD.

Blunderbuss allows for minimal micromanagent, he will stand behind the tank and stil be in range for invocations.

I actually only used pistol because my watcher on that playthrough dual wields blunderbuss. Blunderbus is really good because it gives 4 chances to hit for kind wayfarer aoe heal. I wouldn't even bother with the aoe weapon just so you get 8 chances for at least 1 (max 2) PBAOE heals Edited by arkane83

Having some trouble in decided between two custom party members. After looking over the options, I've thought it be nice to have 2 chanters, giving the party different buffs and focusing them on different chanter 'attacks', but when looking at the last two tiers of powers I'm left wondering if its really worth going pure chanter and not multi classing with something else. What are peoples opinions on pure chanters support capability against something like chanter/priest. 

Do yourself a favor and pick up a chanter / wizard. Ningauth's Teaching grimoire (arkemy'rs treasure chamber), very good deflection / armor rating buffs and crowd control spells + infinite animated weapons in late game, they deal pretty good damage. I would say, it's god tier class.

Do yourself a favor and pick up a chanter / wizard. Ningauth's Teaching grimoire (arkemy'rs treasure chamber), very good deflection / armor rating buffs and crowd control spells + infinite animated weapons in late game, they deal pretty good damage. I would say, it's god tier class.

Arnt most wizard buffs personal only?

Edited by Faytte

Arnt most wizard buffs personal only?

Yes, but any wizard is better than a priest. Ryngrim's Enervating Terror is just god tier, the enemies can not do anything.

What's the synergy here? How does a Chanter second class benefit the Wizard? It used to be amazing pre-1.1 because of Brilliant invocation, but now I think Wizard is better off with another class as a multi, or single class even. Feel free to prove me wrong tho.

What about 5 chanters?

YES.  

Most OP and easiest party comp:

3 Paladin/Chanters and 2 Chanter/Whatever.  

There is no such thing as "too many chanters."  

Pal/Chant is seriously OP.  Can easily solo the game.  Even better in a group.  

Edited by Marigoldran

What's the synergy here? How does a Chanter second class benefit the Wizard? It used to be amazing pre-1.1 because of Brilliant invocation, but now I think Wizard is better off with another class as a multi, or single class even. Feel free to prove me wrong tho.

It's just for the animated weapons invocation, they are unlimited and very strong. I'm more a solo player, and wizard / chanter is in my opinion one of the best mc's for a TCS.

I like Paladin(Kind Wayfarer)/Chanter(Troubadour) a lot.

You can do passive "buff party dps" via Mith Fyr + Shared Flames and "heal party" via Ancient Memory + Exhalted Focus at the same time while also providing good damage on your own with FoD and doing heal spikes with LoH and White Flames. I also like pistol or blunderbuss because they have no recovery - so you can cancel reloading and react with stuff like Lay on Hands really quickly.

• Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

• 2 months later...

You can do passive "buff party dps" via Mith Fyr + Shared Flames and "heal party" via Ancient Memory + Exhalted Focus at the same time while also providing good damage on your own with FoD and doing heal spikes with LoH and White Flames. I also like pistol or blunderbuss because they have no recovery - so you can cancel reloading and react with stuff like Lay on Hands really quickly.

I have so far been extremely dissatisfied with every support character I've created; so I will give this a go.

Also, given that I am now going to have multiple gunpowder users in my party, I think I will have to change my party theme from Lord of the Rings/Middle Earth to Warhammer Fantasy! ;)

By the way, I read several posts mentioning that the Brilliance Inspiration is one of the main reason to get a Chanter, but I see this buff nowhere on my Chanter?

I get Brilliant with a Cipher, with the belt from SSS and with one of the Watcher abilities, although these last two don't always give Brilliant. There is also a cape, but it needs to be triggered by damage. I haven't played much with Chanters, but I got Konstanten to level 20, so if they can do it two I must have missed it spectacularly.

• Like 1

sign.jpg

By the way, I read several posts mentioning that the Brilliance Inspiration is one of the main reason to get a Chanter, but I see this buff nowhere on my Chanter?

They are talking about the tier 3 intelligence inspiration. +5 Int, +1 PL, Class Resource Regeneration. The last being the most important. 

Edit: Ninja'd. Also, didn't realize SSS had a belt that gives Brilliant. 

Edited by Prince of Lies
  • Like 1

I create a separate topic, but would you say that Herald represents the best mid-line supporter class with the dual firearms set-up you suggested? Or would Liberator or Templar be better?

Keep in mind that I will have another Paladin (my main) running for some healing and buffing help - though he will be mainly DPS.

Edited by Lampros

Chanters lost the (aoe) Brilliant inspiration.

Nowadays the Ciphers have single target Brilliant on PL VII.

I don't know who is best. I know that a Herald is a very nice support character. Always make my Pallegina into one. If you have other Paladins, your mileage may vary.

Edited by Haplok
  • Like 1