Charm breaking if you sneeze on them.

*charm*

*walks into chill fog and is grazed for 4 damage*

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIT A SECOND HERE.

I get that throwing fireballs on charmed opponents was beyond broken. But if it's going to break on .1 damage there's not much of a point to charm. You either choose if your party charms things or casts big AOE spells. You can't have both.

• Like 1

Doesn't bother me. Charm broke on attack in the old IE games.

I get that throwing fireballs on charmed opponents was beyond broken. But if it's going to break on .1 damage there's not much of a point to charm. You either choose if your party charms things or casts big AOE spells. You can't have both.

Or just aim better :p

• Like 2

If I'm typing in red, it means I'm being sarcastic. But not this time.

Dark green, on the other hand, is for jokes and irony in general.

Unless I'm remembering it incorrectly (which wouldn't surprise me because I don't use ciphers too often in POE1), charm didn't break on receiving damage in the first game and that was one of the reasons ciphers were considered OP. And yeah, it was cheesy.

OTOH, can anyone verify if the reverse is true - hitting your charmed allies should break them out of the state.

I would think the effects should be symmetric but I just notice that it didn't work when I tried to knock my own ally to his senses (Eder affected by hostile Whispers of Treason)

OTOH, can anyone verify if the reverse is true - hitting your charmed allies should break them out of the state.

I would think the effects should be symmetric but I just notice that it didn't work when I tried to knock my own ally to his senses (Eder affected by hostile Whispers of Treason)

That’s not exactly the same. It would have to be the enemies hitting your charmed party member in order to mirror the situation, but enemies don’t hit charmed party members.

Paladins have a passive that allows them to smack an ally and remove charmed status, though.

Edited by anathanielh
  • Like 2

That’s not exactly the same. It would have to be the enemies hitting your charmed party member in order to mirror the situation, but enemies don’t hit charmed party members.

Paladins have a passive that allows them to smack an ally and remove charmed status, though.

Right.... I guess I had a brain fart....

Maybe I will notice it if my charmed team mates stand on a hostile Wall of Fire or Chillfog and see what happens. Thanks.

• Like 1

Maybe I will notice it if my charmed team mates stand on a hostile Wall of Fire or Chillfog and see what happens.

We can also try confuse the enemies (esp. barbarians and AoEers). This way there is a higher chance they will hit our charmed party members.

• Like 1

Thats a good point. But I think it might be easier to just cast an Int Inspiration on my charmed allies (no roll checks). Get rids of Charmed but consumes the Inspiration in the meantime.

For some reason, we can land friendly buffs on flipped allies. I remembered we can't do so in PoE1.

Edited by mosspit

*charm*

*walks into chill fog and is grazed for 4 damage*

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIT A SECOND HERE.

Just use area of effect buffs/ debuffs instead. The AOE damage spells are pretty weak in deadfire anyway.

Its no biggy.

Maybe I will notice it if my charmed team mates stand on a hostile Wall of Fire or Chillfog and see what happens.

We can also try confuse the enemies (esp. barbarians and AoEers). This way there is a higher chance they will hit our charmed party members.

That raises an interesting question: if an enemy charms one of your people, and you charm an enemy, and the enemy you've charmed damages your charmed party member, what happens?

Edited by gkathellar

If I'm typing in red, it means I'm being sarcastic. But not this time.

Dark green, on the other hand, is for jokes and irony in general.

That raises an interesting question: if an enemy charms one of your people, and you charm an enemy, and the enemy you've charmed your charmed party member, what happens?

Fampyr mating ritual

• Like 5