Pathfinder RPG Kingmaker

Melusina

I won't pre-order. I already backed it.  :p

Same

I'm a cheapskate though so backing gets me a cheaper game and has the nice side effect of adding a couple rubles to the dev budget

That, and I looked up some of the people working on this. Silent Storm and Rage of Mages aren't awful games.

I backed it on Kickstarter, because I wanted to be sure it got made (perhaps even with extra features), but if you haven't already done that I don't see any reason to pre-order. It's hard to tell how good a game will be until it's actually released, and the only benefit would be a few pointless items, which I wouldn't say justifies the increased risk of an unnecessary expenditure.

• Like 1

I was a backer, and the beta stuff I've seen looks mostly good (the character creation/level up screen looks terrible, imo).  I'm hoping there's going to be more prestige classes than they've got in the beta, because 3.5/Pathfinder doesn't really work well without at least some prestige classes (for example, a fighter/mage with no prestige classes is terrible at both.)

I was a backer, and the beta stuff I've seen looks mostly good (the character creation/level up screen looks terrible, imo). I'm hoping there's going to be more prestige classes than they've got in the beta, because 3.5/Pathfinder doesn't really work well without at least some prestige classes (for example, a fighter/mage with no prestige classes is terrible at both.)

Pathfinder works perfectly without prestige classes unless you're choosing a PC that expands your main classes abilities.

There's no point in having a Fighter/Wizard multiclass because they already have Magus as a class, which does it better despite the mechanics relegating you to only using shocking grasp for the entire game. Of course, they could just leave the Magus class to the half orc companion where it will likely be **** because half orc.

I love Prestige Classes just for roleplay purposes. In our campaign, I am playing Gnome Fighter/Wizard/Eldritch Knight on purpose instead of Magus, and I have great time playing it, despite not being optimal race for that build, and despite few partners in group trying to minmax their characters, I am only one, who is still alive from the group which started in Sandpoint ;)

Min/Maxing stuff just takes the fun out of the games :)

• Like 1

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Forgot this game was gonna exist.

Considering that this had a Kickstarter campaign, and in light of the long-established tradition of Russian/Eastern-European game developers initially announcing hopelessly optimistic release dates I'm actually astonished that this is coming out reasonably soon after it was first announced.

I'm a backer, and this studio has consistently under-promised and over-delivered. They've met (and usually beaten) every deadline. Kind of incredible, actually. They are becoming a favorite of mine just because of this experience. Game looks great; the Beta is like half of the game and is getting very good reviews from some people I think well of. Here's one.

I don't think it will outsell DOS2 or PoE2, if only because of the fact that it has almost no PR at all. My fear is that it is a great game that lots of people who would love it will just miss because they never hear about it. I want it to be good, and I want them to make more.

Already available for preorder on GOG.

https://www.gog.com/news/preorder_pathfinder_kingmaker

For me, it will be wait and see. I love PnP version, but I am not yet convinced about the studio with no record to track.

This studio made the old Rage of Mages games. You remember those? I played them back around when I was playing World of Warcraft, like 1997 or something. I liked those games.

I don't know if this is to their credit or to their detriment. :)

.... is releasing in August.

Do you think it could be as successful as D:OS2?

Do you think it may outsell Deadfire?

Do you think it will compete with Bard's Tale IV which is coming on September the 14th?

I think with a much more limited budget and a much more classically driven design philosophy, it will meet none of these three bars. Of course, that depends on how you measure success. As an artist myself, I would say it depends on how much it pleases the core fans of the genre, so maybe it will be more successful than Divinity Original Sin 2 in that respect.

However there is no way it'll outsell Deadfire. Not only does the game have less than a quarter of Deadfire's budget, but the marketing for the game is nonexistent. I believe it would be better to compare it to Tyranny as far as sales are concerned, but I could be wrong.

The Bard's Tale, being on it's fourth entry and carrying a familiar name (I don't know much about it myself), will almost definitely outsell it as well.

There's never a reason to not be optimistic though! As long as you're not being unrealistic.

Is there a warlock class or similar? I pretty much only play spell casters but I don't particularly care for Vancian magic systems

No.

The closest thing to the 3.5 Warlock would be the Witch, but the Witch is a full debuff caster with Vancian magic and little to no damage spells. There special ability is referred to as a Hex, which is a supernatural ability that can be used once per day per target for buffs/debuffs.

I don't think it made it into the game.

Edited by Vitalis

I'm not familiar with the Magus but Sorc is probably what I'll have to play. It's how I BGed though I modded it some for more casts

In Pathfinder Sorcerers come with Bloodlines which grant bonus spells, bonus feats, and bonus abilities. There are at least 20 of them in the Tabletop, no idea how many they have in the game, probably just three.

I'm not familiar with the Magus but Sorc is probably what I'll have to play. It's how I BGed though I modded it some for more casts

In Pathfinder Sorcerers come with Bloodlines which grant bonus spells, bonus feats, and bonus abilities. There are at least 20 of them in the Tabletop, no idea how many they have in the game, probably just three.

No, more than 10 bloodlines are in the game.

• Like 1

Already available for preorder on GOG.https://www.gog.com/news/preorder_pathfinder_kingmaker

For me, it will be wait and see. I love PnP version, but I am not yet convinced about the studio with no record to track.

This studio made the old Rage of Mages games. You remember those? I played them back around when I was playing World of Warcraft, like 1997 or something. I liked those games.

I don't know if this is to their credit or to their detriment. :)

I remember Rage of Mages game, but I do not really remember, if I’ve played it or not :( It’s really long time ago..

thinking about preordering BUT theres one thing holding me back.  Does anyone know if the base game will include all the content from the 6 books of the Kingmaker AP?

right now deciding between po2 or preordering this

I was one of the backers, and during the campaign they said that they would be incorporating all 6 books of the AP. One of the stretch goals that they hit was to add an additional seventh chapter of original content, so we'll see additional main story content that everyone should be surprised by.

• Like 1

Is there a warlock class or similar? I pretty much only play spell casters but I don't particularly care for Vancian magic systems

Not in the base game, casting is all Vancian. But there is a Kineticist class in the tabletop and they did mention that they plan to expand the scope of the initial game with some DLC classes and races that they couldn't afford just off the kickstarter funds alone. So, it may end up in there before the year is out? or it may not.

Not in the base game, casting is all Vancian. But there is a Kineticist class in the tabletop and they did mention that they plan to expand the scope of the initial game with some DLC classes and races that they couldn't afford just off the kickstarter funds alone. So, it may end up in there before the year is out? or it may not.

Well Sorcerers (arcane casters) and Oracles (divine casters) are middle ground. You learn spells during camping, and then you can cast any combination of the spells during day. Number of casts depends on your level. Sorcerers are in the game, but I do not know about Oracles.