Pathfinder RPG Kingmaker

Melusina

snip

There's at least a couple threads (linked here and here for convenience) on it in the Deadfire section. I also have my doubts that it will be considered a flop, massive or otherwise, but at the same time I doubt it's doing the numbers Obs was hoping for.

• Like 2

Free games updated 3/4/21

snip

There's at least a couple threads (linked here and here for convenience) on it in the Deadfire section. I also have my doubts that it will be considered a flop, massive or otherwise, but at the same time I doubt it's doing the numbers Obs was hoping for.

There's a different issue with Deadfire. If it were just for Obsidian, the way Deadfire appears to be selling based only on known Steam sales would be good enough but half the game's Fig campaign budget came from investors and I doubt they'll be happy if the game just about breaks even for them (and for a 1k share that's at just under 600k units sold in the long term, per Obsidian's own projections).

And, well, Deadfire was Fig's poster boy game.  

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

I also have my doubts that it will be considered a flop, massive or otherwise, but at the same time I doubt it's doing the numbers Obs was hoping for.

Isn't that a definition of flop? Not doing the numbers makers was hoping for? Confused. :huh:

Look at the minutes of a Square Enix shareholders meeting and you'll see the yawning gulf between what numbers are needed to make the game a success and what numbers they're hoping for. Not saying Obsidian is the same but usually there's a pretty noticeable difference between the two.

• Like 2

Anything available so far are just assumptions from Steam Spy, which is pretty much broken after privacy update taking place. All is just wild guess, but general consensus is:

a) It probably sold less on Steam than PoE, but no one knows for sure, because of Steam Spy not working as intended.

b) it sold very good on GOG, and people are guessing, that it sold better than PoE1 on the platform, but also that are just wild guesses based only on perception, how long it was on top seller chart there.

c) another wild guess is that PoE2 sold better on GOG, than on Steam. But as before, no one knows for sure, because numbers were not released yet.

Aren't scurrilous rumors based on wild-arsed guesses fun? You can be as cynical as you want and nobody can prove you wrong.  :-

Meh.

Edited by rjshae

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

I also have my doubts that it will be considered a flop, massive or otherwise, but at the same time I doubt it's doing the numbers Obs was hoping for.

Isn't that a definition of flop? Not doing the numbers makers was hoping for? Confused. :huh:

Flop sounds more like being in the red. A game can turn a profit and still not do the numbers that are expected.

• Like 1

Watching more of the beta videos of Kingmaker I don't know if there's much in the writing thus far that is identifiably in Chris Avellone's voice (i.e. deconstructions at every corner). Seems like it's more by-the-numbers, if largely inoffensive, fantasy writing to me.

Edited by Agiel
“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

I hope Pathfinder Kingmaker will do well enought so they decide to make another one.

The more crpg the better, higher chance of some of them will be really good, or will suit me.

Pathfinder is solid franchise. And there are some good memories with DnD in video games.

What now can i say is that it looks decent (graphically and design), and the amount of text is ok. So that is a good sign,

• Like 1

I've followed this game casually, but it's one of the few games that I'm genuinely excited about. If launch reviews go well, I will not only buy it...but actually play it immediately rather than wait a year for patch/expansion/enhancement. This game is basically what "grognards" have been asking for for close to 15 years. Let's hope that they deliver.

• Like 3

I was hoping they would release it in August, as they said they would, because that will be exactly when I'm looking for a new RPG (to tide me over until the Deadfire DLC is released). Well, better a late game than an unfinished one. I'm still excited, though, so now I just need to find a game that will keep me engaged for two months but not for longer that that.

I think this will be the first time I play a computer RPG based on a system that I've used on the tabletop. I'm curious to see if this will affect the way I play.

Already available for preorder on GOG.

https://www.gog.com/news/preorder_pathfinder_kingmaker

For me, it will be wait and see. I love PnP version, but I am not yet convinced about the studio with no record to track.

• Like 1

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Anyone is going to pre-order?

The game looks promising and I like PoE (party-RPG) and Shadowrun (party-RPG, turn-based combat), but I bounced hard off Divinity: Original Sin I&II (because of its controls, balance and it being MP-focused). Should I get Pathfinder: Kingmaker?

Edit. Pre-purchased the Noble Edition on Steam.

Edited by Hawke64

I am thinking of pre-purchasing this baby on Steam. It has Chris Avellone and...that's all I really need to know. :grin:

Anyone is going to pre-order?

Probably, I don't know much about the development of the game but it seems as if Avellone has had more freedom with this game than anything he has worked on in the past few years. It costs 40 bucks so I might buy it since I didn't get to play PoE II.

Edited by Katphood

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

Pathfinder: Kingmaker looks like it will be enjoyable so I'm planning to pre-order it on Steam sometime in September. More then likely

I'll be getting the Noble Edition, since it comes with a complete soundtrack of Kingmaker's in-game music and I always been a sucker

for video game soundtracks. (Just not happy with having a time limit for each chapter but I'll get over it.)

Edited by wolfrider100

" Life... is strength. That is not to be contested, it seems

logical enough. You live, you affect your world. "

Jon Irenicus ´

Watching some beta playthroughs, i'm still undecided if I will wait for sale or buy on release. I guess I would really need to see how the kingdom management games come into play, usually those are a turn off for me. Good to see that more RPGs are using Tyranny's highlight descriptions.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Hmm, I see they also got the camping options from Expeditions.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

village_idiot.gif

I finally found it what bothers me about some of the voices, is the exact same voice as in Warlock 2.

village_idiot.gif