[1.2.0.00028, possibly since 1.2] Maia keeps leaving party (MAJOR: sometimes kills off entire party!)

thelee

Question

This might be a hotfix regression or it might have been an issue since 1.2. Basically, I'm siding with the VTC, I blew up the powderhouse, and then when in the palace, I admitted it was me and murdered both the Hazanui and Prince Arahui.

I left Neketaka by sea and Tekehu and Maia left my party. OK, that's fine.

I do a bounty, come back to the world map and walk a bit... Maia left my party. Huh? Maybe I misremembered Maia leaving my party earlier.

Enter an in-game encounter, finish it, come back to the world map and sail a bit... Maia left my party. OK, now I'm pretty sure things are weird. I checked my inventory (I kept selecting "put in stash" for the notice) and see three Maia's farewell letters.

This is pretty ridiculous. I'm up to five letters and it doesn't appear like it's going to stop (I tried exiting and restarting the game, since that tends to clear up some weird issues). Below is a screenshot showing five (!!) of Maia's Farewell letters.

post-58316-0-75721800-1531497710_thumb.jpg

Here's a dropbox link containing an output_log and a save where this issue is occuring:  https://www.dropbox.com/sh/0olp2ei5fjo8e3j/AAD0eP93AS09MKKcwjC3beP2a?dl=0

Edited by thelee
  • Like 1

7 answers to this question

Well... that was weird. Just now I reloaded an older save, got the "Maia has left the ship" message, and then I took a few more steps and... my entire party died???? This is actually the second time this has happened with this Maia leaving the ship bug, but I had hoped the first time was a one off.

post-58316-0-02034600-1531498456_thumb.jpg

The five Maias came back for revenge. You never saw em coming.

Well, now there are ten of them and counting.

Honestly this might be a bad enough bug (mostly the party death) that I have to abandon this particular run until it gets fixed. It's such an utter waste of time to deal with.

Hi thelee,

That's certainly a haunting bug you've found. I'm assuming the save file you linked in your first post can be used to replicate the party-killing issue you described in your second post? If not, could you please provide us with that save as well? In any event, I've added your issue to our database for our developers to investigate.

Thanks for posting!

The party-killing issue can't be reproduced from loading the save directly. The way I tend to trigger it is to have a save where maia leaves the party. Make another save later. Load that save. And then later load the earlier save. When j do that there is a good chance that after maia leaves my party again, my entire party dies.

It makes me think there's some weird interaction with this bug that only happens when I'm loading an older save and some game state isn't being restored correctly.

Edited by thelee