Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

[Class Build] "Lord Of The Imps"

Build Summoner

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

Boeroer

Boeroer

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 14517 posts
  • Lords of the Eastern Reach Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

I just discoverd yesterday that the sword "Hel Beckoning" does the same as Grave Calling, but with spirits instead of vessels - and it summons a different kind of imp: instead of Grave Imps it summons . You can summon will-o'-whisps or phantoms and kill them with Hel Beckoning, creating Hel Imps. Unfortunately both types of imps doe the same damage type (corrode).

Both weapons also belonged to the same character once (lore), so it's kind of cool to use both I guess.

• Manveru123 likes this

mant2si

mant2si

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 680 posts

I just discoverd yesterday that the sword "Hel Beckoning" does the same as Grave Calling, but with spirits instead of vessels - and it summons a different kind of imp: instead of Grave Imps it summons . You can summon will-o'-whisps or phantoms and kill them with Hel Beckoning, creating Hel Imps. Unfortunately both types of imps doe the same damage type (corrode).

Both weapons also belonged to the same character once (lore), so it's kind of cool to use both I guess.

Yep, I tried to create Death Knight build (Fighter/Chanter) with them :D The biggest problem is your spirits HP, they have more than skeletons and you can't kill them with single HIT. But if you stacked +60% lash you will do really good DM and can kill skeletons from Many Lives Pass By, Each Leaving Footprints with single hit, which will be converted to Mob Stance full attack with High Damage Roll

This build works on solo PotD, but didn't work well on solo DD/PotD I assume this is because skeletons have more HP   :(

Edited by mant2si, 25 July 2018 - 02:18 AM.

Dorftek

Dorftek

(7) Enchanter

• Members
  • 828 posts

Yes I tried both versions before posting it, will o wisps took too long to kill compared to the lill skellies :)
  • mant2si likes this

Boeroer

Boeroer

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 14517 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!
Yes, the skeletons are easier to kill and you get more of them. ;)

knownastherat

knownastherat

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 793 posts

I was trying to kill Ghost Heart companion with it when it was low on HP, to get a little extra interaction, and apparently "spirit of my companion" is not "Spirit". 

Boeroer

Boeroer

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 14517 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

That's weird because it mechanically acts like a spirit in most other ways. Were you confused - and thus killing a "non-friendly" animal companion? Or were you killing a "friendly" animal companion? Maybe that's it?

Edited by Boeroer, 25 July 2018 - 05:30 AM.

knownastherat

knownastherat

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 793 posts

Maybe I was doing something wrong, I tested it very briefly with a newly made character on the beach. Actually, let me try again right now. brb

---

edit: nope, does not work for me

Edited by knownastherat, 25 July 2018 - 05:39 AM.

• Boeroer likes this

Boeroer

Boeroer

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 14517 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Ok, maybe it's not a "proper" spirit after all. 

mant2si

mant2si

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 680 posts

So new bow = new summons, now you can summon any kind of creature. With 2.0 possible to create Lord of The .., (what you want) :D

Edited by mant2si, 27 July 2018 - 01:23 PM.

Dorftek

Dorftek

(7) Enchanter

• Members
  • 828 posts

So new bow = new summons, now you can summon any kind of creature. With 2.0 possible to create Lord of The .., (what you want) :D

Haha really? I need to check out the bow :D

Zenzen

Zenzen

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

If you wanted to replace the barbarian half of this build, is there anything else that would work? Sounds like fighter has done ok if you want to abuse mob stance.

You just need action speed and damage to ensure you can kill the skellies. Would monk work?

EDIT: did some testing with monk, and it didn't really work out.  Blood Thirst is strictly better for action economy then Swift Strikes.  At times, I even failed to one-hit my own skeletons.  Oops!

Edited by Zenzen, 10 August 2018 - 12:49 PM.

thundercleese

thundercleese

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 465 posts

If you wanted to replace the barbarian half of this build, is there anything else that would work? Sounds like fighter has done ok if you want to abuse mob stance.

You just need action speed and damage to ensure you can kill the skellies. Would monk work?

EDIT: did some testing with monk, and it didn't really work out.  Blood Thirst is strictly better for action economy then Swift Strikes.  At times, I even failed to one-hit my own skeletons.  Oops!

Mob Stance would'nt work as it only targets enemies, whereas you're killing your own summons.

Zenzen

Zenzen

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

mant2si I think had some success earlier in the thread killing skelletons while in melee range of nearby enemies.  Mob stance triggers when you kill the skelleton, and then cleaves an attack onto a nearby enemy.  That's what I was referring to.

thundercleese

thundercleese

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 465 posts

Ahh okay, yeah that would work and isn't a bad idea. You can also get 25% hit to crit from Fighter which is almost as good as the Berzerkers.

mant2si

mant2si

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 680 posts

mant2si I think had some success earlier in the thread killing skelletons while in melee range of nearby enemies.  Mob stance triggers when you kill the skelleton, and then cleaves an attack onto a nearby enemy.  That's what I was referring to.

Yes, that works, I even create pretty fun death knight build, but it doesnt work with DD mod, that why I didn't post it. 

Fighter/Troubadour  take Gravecaller in the off hand, summon minor blights via scroll, goto enemies center, cast unbending, auto summon skeletons, start kill skeletons, mob stance will trigger full AOE attack with Gravecaller and Blight, Gravecaller will give you x2 bonus (1 from Skeleton, 1 from Full attack) and cast chillfog or summon imp :D

Now exist 2H AXE with AOE attack on kill

Edited by mant2si, 10 August 2018 - 02:47 PM.

Malkoy

Malkoy

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 53 posts
I don't seem to understand something: don't you have to have Grave Calling or Hel Beckoning equipped in order to proc a summon? Pepole are talking about stance hitting friendlies(does it?) or Wahai Poragwa(neither Grave Calling or Hel Beckoning are in the main slot).

Can someone explain to me what I am missing?

Imho, this would be a very fun build if skeleton killing could be automated. If it could not, then it will be micro-management hel (for me at least)

thundercleese

thundercleese

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 465 posts

Re: Cleaving Stance, they were saying you can kill a skele to trigger cleaving to then hit a nearby enemy. The stance itself won't hit friendlies, unless you are confused.

Not sure where the reference to Wahai is?

Malkoy

Malkoy

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 53 posts

Re: Cleaving Stance, they were saying you can kill a skele to trigger cleaving to then hit a nearby enemy. The stance itself won't hit friendlies, unless you are confused.

Not sure where the reference to Wahai is?

Wahai Poraga 

Does the skeleton have to be hit with the weapon for the imp to spawn? Spells won't do (poisons more specifically)? What are imp stats (hp/reflex more specifically, any immunities)?

Boeroer

Boeroer

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 14517 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!
Yes. You have to kill with Grave Calling.

thundercleese

thundercleese

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 465 posts

Yeah I know the weapon, I was meaning I couldn't find any reference to Wahai in this thread.

I have summoned Imps from killing foes with Druid DoT spells. Probably related to the bug I reported with carnage/Blood Frenzy.

Here you go:

Just did another test - also works with Hel Beckoning :)

Edited by thundercleese, 11 August 2018 - 11:42 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Build, Summoner

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users