I present to u all The Lord Of The Imps!! ;)

Classes: Beckoner/Berserker

Description:

This is a "fun-build" rather then a power build. It uses beckoner subclass to summon small, squishy skeletons that u can then smash with Gravecaller and generate Imps. We are using barbarian for this because whenever u kill a squishy little skeleton u get ur recovery back instantly due to blood thirst so we can smash another squishy little skeleton right after and rince and repeat. With a high Int score an imp stays for more then a minute and they do not despawn when u summon more creatures wich results in armies of imps in longer fights. Quite fun actually and ur character is usually very safe because the enemies are so busy trying to fend off the never-ending spawns of imps to be bothered with u.

Able to solo Potd? - Ofc, its a chanter!

Here's what it looks like: (Fun starts at 1min)

Race: not important, whatever floats ur boat really. I went with Nature Godlike for the PL whenever i feel like tossing out some dmg spells.

Attribute Priority: 

-Mig: High (want to be sure to one-shot those little skellies)

-Con: Low (we dont get hit much)

-Dex: Medium

-Per: Medium

-Int: High

-Res: Dump

Important Gear:

-Weapon: "Gravecaller" in main-hand and "The Eye Of Wael" in Off-hand. Gravecaller generates imps and the scepter allows u to help the imps shoot at enemies, it also provides u with an illusion buff whenever u get bloodied wich is quite handy.

-Chestplate "Devil of Caroc" To get rid of confusion

-Nek: "Charm of bones" for +2 int

The rest u can mix and match however u want.

Important Abilities:

Barb: The only really important ones for this particular build is Blood Thirst and Blood lust for speed. I'd also recomend taking the Spirit frenzy line for terrify instead of the blood frenzy path wich i took because i was tired and not thinking straight. Fast Runner is also convenient.

Chanter: Skellies+skelly upgrade. Two Weapon Style. Rapid Casting. Quick Summoning. Aefyllath Ues Mith - gives ur imps a lash :D. "Many lives pass by" Chant is used as the first chant in combat to instantly generate a skellie to interfere with ur enemy wich buys u some time to start generating imps. Then pick a dmg spell of ur choosing.

How i play this:

When combat starts u will almost instantly summon a skeleton with the chant, this skeleton is very weak but he does his job by charging right into the enemies and intercepting them, buying u time to pull back and summon the little guys. I have turned the AI off for summoned creatures so my little guys wont go charging ahead forcing me to chase after them however, when i kill a small skeleton an imp and two more skeletons will spawn. These guys will charge right in so u wont have to bother thinking about what they are doing. Make sure ur watcher is standing as close as possible to the skeleton when u are trying to kill it, otherwise he will just out of range for his melee weapon but he will still be trying to hit him, resulting in u always missing because the target is out of range O_o.

Really not that much else to it. U smack skellies to turn them into imps, thats it :D

Enjoy ;)

Edited by Dorftek
  • Like 15
  • Haha 1

How much HP each skeleton has ?

Somewhere in the low 40s I didn't check exactly :)

When u kill a skeleton two more skellies will spawn along with an imp. The two spawning skellies are tougher with more HP and defenses so one needs to make sure u keep swinging at the squishy ones :p

Did fighter mob stance triggers full attack, did cipher L7 can target skeletons, did barbaric blow refund on skeleton kill ? ...

You opens new world of skeleton sacrificing :D

Edited by mant2si

Solo PotD builds: The Glanfathan Soul Hunter (Neutral seer. Dominate and manipulate your enemies), Harbinger of Doom (Dark shaman. Burn and sacrifice, yourself and enemies for Skaen sake)

Did fighter mob stance triggers full attack, did cipher L7 can target skeletons, did barbaric blow refund on skeleton kill ? ...

Yeah they count as kills. Blood thirst refunds ur recovery. Blood lust triggers. Barbaric blow gets refunded.

Yeah they count as kills. Blood thirst refunds ur recovery. Blood lust triggers. Barbaric blow gets refunded.

I can only say that with mob stance combination this  skeletons kills can produce full attack spamming, need more tests :D You kill skeleton -> summon Imp or cast Chill Fog and do Full Attack, Full Attack Increase your bonus from Saber ... 

You take Polaxe kill skeletons, this kill trigger next skeleton kill ... etc

Edited by mant2si

Solo PotD builds: The Glanfathan Soul Hunter (Neutral seer. Dominate and manipulate your enemies), Harbinger of Doom (Dark shaman. Burn and sacrifice, yourself and enemies for Skaen sake)

I can only say that with mob stance combination this skeletons kills can produce full attack spamming, need more tests :D You kill skeleton -> summon Imp or cast Chill Fog and do Full Attack, Full Attack Increase your bonus from Saber ...

You take Polaxe kill skeletons, this kill trigger next skeleton kill ... etc

Yeah the poleaxe will work because it hurts allies. But with other weapons I think I need a way to get confused to AoE the skellies with mob stance and such

You don't need to hit all skeletons at once, you can manually target skeleton and then mob stance will hit random enemy around you, then you can target your skeleton again and again, if you upgrade saber to chill fog, you will cast a lot of them... 

You can use minor blights from scroll with barb combination to no-recovery/infinity  AOE barbaric blows

Edited by mant2si
  • Like 1

You don't need to hit all skeletons at once, you can manually target skeleton and then mob stance will hit random enemy around you, then you can target your skeleton again and again, if you upgrade saber to chill fog, you will cast a lot of them...

You can use minor blights from scroll with barb combination to no-recovery/infinity AOE barbaric blows

Ah yeah I see where it going with this :)

Nooo!

Oh nooo....I wanted to post a build of a Barb/Beckoner that abuses skeleton-killing + Blood Thirst since I found out that it works the same as in PoE1 (Rhymer's Summon + Blood Thirst).

But you took that idea and made it even better! Shame on you! ;)

• Like 4

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Okay, the last try: You need Fighter/Beckoner, take Gravecaller in the off hand, summon minor blights via scroll, goto enemies center, cast unbending, summon skeletons, start kill skeletons, mob stance will trigger full AOE attack with Gravecaller and Blight, Gravecaller wil give you x2 bonus (1 from Skeleton, 1 from Full attack) and cast chillfog or summon imp :D

There it is - fun DEATH KNIGHT build for solo play 

Note: What will happen if we use armor with Riposte ? Did skeleton trigger riposte, die and produce more Full Attacks ?

Edited by mant2si

Nooo!

Oh nooo....I wanted to post a build of a Barb/Beckoner that abuses skeleton-killing + Blood Thirst since I found out that it works the same as in PoE1 (Rhymer's Summon + Blood Thirst).

But you took that idea and made it even better! Shame on you! ;)

Haha revenge is mine since u posted ur rogue scroll build in PoE1 barely one day ahead of my playthrough!! :D

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I just discoverd yesterday that the sword "Hel Beckoning" does the same as Grave Calling, but with spirits instead of vessels - and it summons a different kind of imp: instead of Grave Imps it summons . You can summon will-o'-whisps or phantoms and kill them with Hel Beckoning, creating Hel Imps. Unfortunately both types of imps doe the same damage type (corrode).

Both weapons also belonged to the same character once (lore), so it's kind of cool to use both I guess.

• Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

I just discoverd yesterday that the sword "Hel Beckoning" does the same as Grave Calling, but with spirits instead of vessels - and it summons a different kind of imp: instead of Grave Imps it summons . You can summon will-o'-whisps or phantoms and kill them with Hel Beckoning, creating Hel Imps. Unfortunately both types of imps doe the same damage type (corrode).

Both weapons also belonged to the same character once (lore), so it's kind of cool to use both I guess.

Yep, I tried to create Death Knight build (Fighter/Chanter) with them :D The biggest problem is your spirits HP, they have more than skeletons and you can't kill them with single HIT. But if you stacked +60% lash you will do really good DM and can kill skeletons from Many Lives Pass By, Each Leaving Footprints with single hit, which will be converted to Mob Stance full attack with High Damage Roll

This build works on solo PotD, but didn't work well on solo DD/PotD I assume this is because skeletons have more HP   :(

Edited by mant2si

Yes I tried both versions before posting it, will o wisps took too long to kill compared to the lill skellies :)

• Like 1