That's weird because it mechanically acts like a spirit in most other ways. Were you confused - and thus killing a "non-friendly" animal companion? Or were you killing a "friendly" animal companion? Maybe that's it?

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

• 2 weeks later...

If you wanted to replace the barbarian half of this build, is there anything else that would work? Sounds like fighter has done ok if you want to abuse mob stance.

You just need action speed and damage to ensure you can kill the skellies. Would monk work?

EDIT: did some testing with monk, and it didn't really work out.  Blood Thirst is strictly better for action economy then Swift Strikes.  At times, I even failed to one-hit my own skeletons.  Oops!

Edited by Zenzen

If you wanted to replace the barbarian half of this build, is there anything else that would work? Sounds like fighter has done ok if you want to abuse mob stance.

You just need action speed and damage to ensure you can kill the skellies. Would monk work?

EDIT: did some testing with monk, and it didn't really work out.  Blood Thirst is strictly better for action economy then Swift Strikes.  At times, I even failed to one-hit my own skeletons.  Oops!

Mob Stance would'nt work as it only targets enemies, whereas you're killing your own summons.

mant2si I think had some success earlier in the thread killing skelletons while in melee range of nearby enemies.  Mob stance triggers when you kill the skelleton, and then cleaves an attack onto a nearby enemy.  That's what I was referring to.

mant2si I think had some success earlier in the thread killing skelletons while in melee range of nearby enemies.  Mob stance triggers when you kill the skelleton, and then cleaves an attack onto a nearby enemy.  That's what I was referring to.

Yes, that works, I even create pretty fun death knight build, but it doesnt work with DD mod, that why I didn't post it. 

Fighter/Troubadour  take Gravecaller in the off hand, summon minor blights via scroll, goto enemies center, cast unbending, auto summon skeletons, start kill skeletons, mob stance will trigger full AOE attack with Gravecaller and Blight, Gravecaller will give you x2 bonus (1 from Skeleton, 1 from Full attack) and cast chillfog or summon imp :D

Now exist 2H AXE with AOE attack on kill

Edited by mant2si

Solo PotD builds: The Glanfathan Soul Hunter (Neutral seer. Dominate and manipulate your enemies), Harbinger of Doom (Dark shaman. Burn and sacrifice, yourself and enemies for Skaen sake)

I don't seem to understand something: don't you have to have Grave Calling or Hel Beckoning equipped in order to proc a summon? Pepole are talking about stance hitting friendlies(does it?) or Wahai Poragwa(neither Grave Calling or Hel Beckoning are in the main slot).

Can someone explain to me what I am missing?

Imho, this would be a very fun build if skeleton killing could be automated. If it could not, then it will be micro-management hel (for me at least)

Re: Cleaving Stance, they were saying you can kill a skele to trigger cleaving to then hit a nearby enemy. The stance itself won't hit friendlies, unless you are confused.

Not sure where the reference to Wahai is?

Wahai Poraga 

Does the skeleton have to be hit with the weapon for the imp to spawn? Spells won't do (poisons more specifically)? What are imp stats (hp/reflex more specifically, any immunities)?

Yeah I know the weapon, I was meaning I couldn't find any reference to Wahai in this thread.

I have summoned Imps from killing foes with Druid DoT spells. Probably related to the bug I reported with carnage/Blood Frenzy.

Here you go:

Just did another test - also works with Hel Beckoning :)

Edited by thundercleese

My dreams are shattered. Was hoping of harvest skeletons en mass within like 10sec of real time then rush off to defeat enemy forces with an army of imps to The Flight of Valkyries

I wish there was a way to IMProve upon the mundane aspects of this process. It is very IMPortant for us to come together as a community to solve this conundrum. Hopefully some clever IMProvisation would show us the way. I would hate for this build to be gIMPed by the long set-up time.

Maybe IMPlementing Instruments of Pain (for reach) and smacking charging skeletons would solve this IMPossible challenge. Duality of Mortal Presence Int bonus for more wiggle room with Nalpazca for wound generation?

Add One-Weapon Style with Swift Flurry and Turning Weel and Maybe reach Troubadour skeleton HP 1hit breakpoints for faster skeleton generation?

AND OH MY GOD ITS WORKING FABULOUSLY!!!!! THE ONLY THING YOU NEED IS LEVEL 19:P 

Brisk Recitation + "Many lives pass by..." +Duality of Mortal Presence = 1 skeleton every 3 sec (12 sec lifespan), killed with 1 hit  per 3 sec (125 accuracy vs vessels, skeletons have 24 deflection, so always crit) = 1 x Imp every 3 seconds (75 sec lifespan) =

Up to 24 Imps at a time swarming the enemy.

Neketaka has been IMPregnated by my IMPerial majesty. IMPresarios of Valian Trading Company has no power to stop it. IMPerialistic Rautai weep on their knees begging for mercy. My IMP army is IMPulsively slaughtering IMPoverished Gullet. 

IMPS THE REAL POWER IN DEADFIRE!!!

Note: This build is a bit IMPractical due to high level requirement. You can however use Brisk Recitation, regular Swift Strikes and "Ancient Brittle Bones" to get there

a3df18b64cd4b11b1aae333b6e70b13c.gif

Edited by Malkoy
  • Like 1

My dreams are shattered. Was hoping of harvest skeletons en mass within like 10sec of real time then rush off to defeat enemy forces with an army of imps to The Flight of Valkyries

I wish there was a way to IMProve upon the mundane aspects of this process. It is very IMPortant for us to come together as a community to solve this conundrum. Hopefully some clever IMProvisation would show us the way. I would hate for this build to be gIMPed by the long set-up time.

Maybe IMPlementing Instruments of Pain (for reach) and smacking charging skeletons would solve this IMPossible challenge. Duality of Mortal Presence Int bonus for more wiggle room with Nalpazca for wound generation?

Add One-Weapon Style with Swift Flurry and Turning Weel and Maybe reach Troubadour skeleton HP 1hit breakpoints for faster skeleton generation?

AND OH MY GOD ITS WORKING FABULOUSLY!!!!! THE ONLY THING YOU NEED IS LEVEL 19:P 

Brisk Recitation + "Many lives pass by..." +Duality of Mortal Presence = 1 skeleton every 3 sec (12 sec lifespan), killed with 1 hit  per 3 sec (125 accuracy vs vessels, skeletons have 24 deflection, so always crit) = 1 x Imp every 3 seconds (75 sec lifespan) =

Up to 24 Imps at a time swarming the enemy.

Neketaka has been IMPregnated by my IMPerial majesty. IMPresarios of Valian Trading Company has no power to stop it. IMPerialistic Rautai weep on their knees begging for mercy. My IMP army is IMPulsively slaughtering IMPoverished Gullet. 

IMPS ARE THE REAL POWER IN THE DEADFIRE!!!

Note: This build is a bit IMPractical due to high level requirement. You can however use Brisk Recitation, regular Swift Strikes and "Ancient Brittle Bones" to get there

a3df18b64cd4b11b1aae333b6e70b13c.gif

Nice, yeah this is why i used the summoning spell for imp spawning and only on chant skellie at the start to engage the enemies, because the invocation skellies stand still when u summon them but the chanted one goes charging right away. 

Also yes this gets old if one does it in every fight lol, i wish the AI behaviour tool would let us set up attacks on closest allies - if vessel - lowest deflection. It would have been perfect, but u can only choose "target enemy" when u select an attack =(

Sine you don't need to press all the stuff (skeletons + Grave Calling) into one character it's actually supereasy to murder most of your 6 puny skeletons (that split into 12 even when turned to imps) with one attack (also at lvl 19): Berserker/Devoted with Clear Out. Summon skeletons, gather them in one spot (skeletons are some of those summons you still can control directly) and hit them with Clear Out. Each Clear Out hit will trigger Carnage. Often all of them die, turning into 6 imps and 12 skeletons (which you can't control). Many lives pass by is a good bonus. :)

But of course that's not for solo.

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

So I just nuked a bunch of my own skellies with a Touch of Rot; swapned 4 Grave Imps and 4 Hel Imps. Do with this as you will, I have added it to my bug report so it will be fixed eventually. :)

Edit: Actually, having just re-read the description, I'm not entirely sure the kills from spells etc. is unintended - it says "Summon Grave Imp on killing a Vessel", which is the same wording as such items like Esperis and Frostfall. What definitely IS a bug is that you can summon the Imps from any creature type if the kill is not a direct blow from the weapon itself.

Edited by thundercleese
  • Like 1

Sine you don't need to press all the stuff (skeletons + Grave Calling) into one character it's actually supereasy to murder most of your 6 puny skeletons (that split into 12 even when turned to imps) with one attack (also at lvl 19): Berserker/Devoted with Clear Out. Summon skeletons, gather them in one spot (skeletons are some of those summons you still can control directly) and hit them with Clear Out. Each Clear Out hit will trigger Carnage. Often all of them die, turning into 6 imps and 12 skeletons (which you can't control). Many lives pass by is a good bonus. :)

But of course that's not for solo.

You can't control little skellies (the ones that originals split into) sadly though.

Would it affect all the friendlies or 1 original target only? I though clear out is Foe AoE, also I can't usually target friendlies with abilities, just auto attack.

Also, there's a look at how you can be evil to the core:

https://youtu.be/aMnjpW7GEWw

Edited by Malkoy

Honestly the best tactic would be to have a player created Beckoner summoning the imps, then Tekehu casting Ngati's Power Struck the Shore Again. Both cost 4 phrases, both use an infinite resource, Tekehu's spell is friendly fire capable and deals 32-41 base damage.

And while it is bugged you may as well DW with Hel Beckoning once you get it for double the Imps.

Disregard, proven wrong below.

Edited by thundercleese

Honestly the best tactic would be to have a player created Beckoner summoning the imps, then Tekehu casting Ngati's Power Struck the Shore Again. Both cost 4 phrases, both use an infinite resource, Tekehu's spell is friendly fire capable and deals 32-41 base damage.

And while it is bugged you may as well DW with Hel Beckoning once you get it for double the Imps.

Maybe? My first attempt was fireballing the skeletons with Grave Calling Equipped. Didn't work. I don't think all the spells work this way

Yeah, my mistake. Has to be a DoT. I guess Touch of Rot was doing its first DoT tick immediately, which is why it was insta spawning them? Definitely a bug then. But I still think it may be intended that kills not directly attributed to the weapon are supposed to summon the Imps, as that is the behaviour of other weapons with on kill effects. In which case the bug would be that fireballs etc. aren't proccing it. As well as the any creature thing ofc.

Edited by thundercleese