This will make sense to someone but I can't find the message

Someone sent me a save game a few weeks ago whereby my Uniques Mod fails consistantly

I PMed the Devs and they didn't like my report a bit

It appears they have silently fixed this issue

I imagined this was someone in our Slack (maybe not)

CAN the original author verify Porthos (PerikisOverlook) now allows Red Hand etc (you'll need https://www.nexusmods.com/pillarsofeternity2/mods/125 installed)

Gonna check out a friend's mod issue possibly affected by the same bug now

OK Fair warning has been applied

I'm gonna move the domain to https://perspak.com early Feb but will keep all content

There are reasons behind this move which basically boil down to unifying my release schedule

My friends are welcome to play (I'll set you up your own areas if you desire them)

Please note that this process is messy so may take a few weeks 

An older issue reported by @kilay also is now resolved - you can now enter the Mill

@kilay sent me his broken save for me to test on our private Slack channel (ask any of us for an invite)

Edited by peardox

I'm gonna move the domain to https://perspak.com early Feb but will keep all content

There are reasons behind this move which basically boil down to unifying my release schedule

My friends are welcome to play (I'll set you up your own areas if you desire them)

Nope. Sorry, still not working as you intended.

Installed the mod, made sure I had the latest version of Deadfire, then loaded up a save where I had already talked to Eofania.  No dice, I'm afraid.  As before it will work if I hadn't already seen her store.

As a side note, I only raised this issue as a general word of warning for folks to be aware of the game engine limitation on updating some stores with new items if someone has already seen their store during their play through.  So it's not exactly a pressing concern of mine, as I know how to work around it if it ever becomes a problem on games I'm playing.

Oh - that's right - it was you Zap...

I've taken two 1.2.0.0028 versions of screwed saves, both now work

There was your one an Kilay's broken one

I admit - I'd beta'd myself then did a downgrade

Gimme a sec...

This is your save after I travel to see Eofania (we both know this didn't work before)

eofonia.jpg

Here's Kilay's broken one - he can't get into the mill

mill.jpg

I did extensive testing on this yesterday - Poor old Porthos went on many a voyage - I know for a fact that didn't work before today

I'm assured there was a similar problem with the Mill

Everything works now

To double check (OK I'm paranoid) I'll do a new test on Eofania

Edited by peardox

Oh - that's right - it was you Zap...

I've taken two 1.2.0.0028 versions of screwed saves, both now work

There was your one an Kilay's broken one

I admit - I'd beta'd myself then did a downgrade

Gimme a sec...

This is your save after I travel to see Eofania (we both know this didn't work before)

eofonia.jpg

Here's Kilay's broken one - he can't get into the mill

mill.jpg

I did extensive testing on this yesterday - Poor old Porthos went on many a voyage - I know for a fact that didn't work before today

I'm assured there was a similar problem with the Mill

Everything works now

To double check (OK I'm paranoid) I'll do a new test on Eofania

You're on Linux, right?  Might be the difference between Steam on Windows and Linux.

Don't know what to tell you.  Weird though.  Won't have time to mess around with it tonight, but I'll look into it again on my end tomorrow. :)

Actually, I just had a thought.

On my latest playthrough I added a private home mod that modifies Eofina's CRATE 'store' (you are modifying her base store).

I wonder if that is messing with things at all, making the game think I "took" special items from her store already.

Though she still has the shorewalker sandals.

Weird.

Lemme pull up a save from a different playthrough where I never did that and disable that private mod and get back to you.

edit

Nope.  Still not showing up.  Weird, as I said.  I'll try to look into this more tomorrow.

Edited by Zap Gun For Hire

OK - fresh game - boring intro (why no skip - I've finished it...)

Minimal Mods

I'm skipping EVERYTHING to get to Eofania ASAP - off ship, Ringo, Savia then make a bee-line to Eofania

Yep - got sod all useful

Let's add my Mod

Ooh - more crap to buy - I get The Red Hand now (can't afford it, just did a direct walk from start but it's for starts)

Some experiments later I can confirm it's still caching

Quit to Desktop

Remove Red Hand + Friends

Load - I can still buy it - cheated myself some cash to purchase the thing

Yep - purchase and equip works perfectly using that save

OK - lets do a deep one - my convo demo is liked to @TT1's Dead Parrot

I've got a valid mod that is dependant on another

lerror.png

Incorrect error - it couldn't find the DP referenced in convo

Soz guys, this is more confusing than at first sight

It's POSSIBLE they're clearing the cache when moving from one area to another which would explain why the other two now function

As can be seen from my experiments it appears to be a partial fix

PM Devs time

PM Devs time - something is defo wrong still

Gimme the save when you have a moment - I wanna be certain what's going on

Take Porthos after Eofania and it now works but my experiment failed

PM Devs time - something is defo wrong still

Gimme the save when you have a moment - I wanna be certain what's going on

Take Porthos after Eofania and it now works but my experiment failed

Don't want to give you a save from a game that's been heavily modded (and mine most certainly have had major surgery applied to it ;)), so I pulled up an ancient save made on a run before I made a single mod.

It's set outside the Map Emporium (Sanza's shop) fairly early in the game, but with Eofina already talked to, as normal.  In the save I have attached, I haven't attempted to talk to her since I enabled your mod.

FWIW, when I saved it just now, I had you mod running in the background, in case that matters.  If needed, I can give a 'clean' save without your mod running.

Porthos (QueensBerth) (d41075f5-0d41-4911-b032-988505a73007) (756445655).savegame.zip