Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Beast of Winter DLC Announcement

• Please log in to reply
168 replies to this topic

Verde

Verde

(7) Enchanter

• Members
  • 932 posts
  • Steam:DragonSoundxSG
Since reaching 20, nothing can stand up to Empowered Greater Maelstorms...I was gibbing Eotans.

Edited by Verde, 22 July 2018 - 05:54 PM.

gkathellar

gkathellar

(12) Mage

• Members
  • 1994 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Some thoughts on
Rymrgand:

If Rymrgand is just as fake as the other gods, then the inevitablity of universal heat death may also be a lie.

however...

There are more gods than there are alcoves in the Engwithan god-making machine...

The Engwithan gods are representations of their cultural values turned up to 11. Iovara has a line at the end of the first game that explains this (paraphrasing her: “anything taken to an extreme becomes grotesque”). Every mythology has a creation myth and an “end of the world” myth. Rymrgand is the latter.

"Myth" being the key word here. Just because people believe it doesn't make it true. Rymrgand may well believe that his eventual victory is inevitable, but that doesn't make it true.
https://en.m.wikiped...of_the_universe

Yeah, but what does that have to do with Rymrgand? Entropy existed before him, it will exist long after his death (which will predate the heat death of the universe by a long time). Entropy isn't dependent on his existence, he's merely a charlatan who claims that it does.

Does Rymrgand ever claim to be the cause of entropy? He very clearly enjoys entropy, and works in the interests of advancing it along his own inscrutable timeline, but I don't think there's any indication that he pretends to be its source.

rheingold

rheingold

(8) Warlock

• Members
  • 1077 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

• InsaneCommander likes this

Big-Ben

Big-Ben

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 209 posts
  • Steam:Big Ben
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Does Rymrgand ever claim to be the cause of entropy? He very clearly enjoys entropy, and works in the interests of advancing it along his own inscrutable timeline, but I don't think there's any indication that he pretends to be its source.

I think a lot of Gods pretend to be a little more grandiose than they really are. No doubt anyone here hasn't caught on that they put on airs. I'll be interested in seeing what Rymrgard has to say and if he's not just giving our Watchers the run around.

JerekKruger

JerekKruger

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3365 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Heh. To be honest I only started it because people have been super sensitive to the tiniest
Spoiler

Edited by JerekKruger, 23 July 2018 - 03:59 PM.

• Achilles and ShadySands like this

Achilles

Achilles

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3010 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Lords of the Eastern Reach Backer
  • Deadfire Gold Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler
Spoiler
Hey. To be honest I only started it because people have been super sensitive to the tiniest spoilers.
I can’t believe you just used the word “spoilers”. This is supposed to be a non-spoiler forum. FFS!
  • ShadySands, Tick and InsaneCommander like this

JerekKruger

JerekKruger

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3365 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

I can’t believe you just used the word “spoilers”. This is supposed to be a non-spoiler forum. FFS!

Good point. I've edited my post the fix my mistake :lol:
  • Achilles and Tick like this

acbatchelor

acbatchelor

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 52 posts

Good point. I've edited my post the fix my mistake :lol:

You hid the word "Spoilers" with "Spoiler".  :grin:

• Tick and JerekKruger like this

JerekKruger

JerekKruger

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3365 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

You hid the word "Spoilers" with "Spoiler".  :grin:

If I could I'd spoiler block the title of the spoiler block hiding my use of the word spoilers, but alas I cannot.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users