Sanguine Plate (or similar) armor in Deadfire: You know you want it!

Ah, must be the frost-themed plate I mentioned; looks pretty kewl and has a matching helmet :)

Waiting for the twist to wearing it that makes it so you must constantly make cold themed puns like Mr. Freeze in Batman and Robin.

*Meeting with Berath, Your Watcher, laughing through tears*

"ICE TO SEE YOU."

• Like 4

Yes! We have no bananas.

I'll give this another bump.

In part to reiterate how anticipation is rendering my jaw so slack you could mistake me for a Raederic; in part so that people who might have missed it earlier can chime in and reinforce the notion that this armor would add metric tons of value to the game by boosting our enjoyment off the freaking charts :wowey:

Edited by AndreaColombo
  • Like 3

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Fun fact: in its first iterations the Sanguine Plate had the Retaliation enchantment instead of the "Spell Holding: Frenzy" enchantment that it has today.

When it got changed I thought "Aww man!" - but after countless playthroughs I really don't know why I thought that in the first place. Stupid past me...

• Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Gonna give this another bump because, well—not gonna take this armor for granted if it's not confirmed to be worked on ;)

Bring on the badass red armor with the golden trims and fancy runes 8)

• Like 1

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Saw some pictures posted of new BoW items. The frost themed plate looks amazing. Also some epic looking Magran based plate. Love that they added a 2h axe as well.

Overall I think most of the armor looks really good. I'm not a fan of over-embellishment, and prefer PoE's semi-realism. Robes need love though badly. I want a wizard that looks like a sith lord god damn it. Hood up and all!

• Like 3

Those are great and all but they ain’t no Sanguine Plate, man 8)

• 3 weeks later...

Another bump; another chance to show how much you thirst for the Sanguine Plate.

Me, I'm pretty parched XD

• Like 2

Agreed: Argwes Adra was also pretty good and would look great with the green shield.

Sanguine Plate would be an obviously perfect match for the namesake blade, though the Magran shield and hatchet would probably also go well with it.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

If I cast BUMP on this thread, will you cast your vote for the Sanguine Plate in Deadfire?

(Pretty please?)

• Like 2

I would very much like to see some form of blood based plate added to Deadfire.

Well... Finger of Insertion... now that sounds wrong somehow...

I've been watching Raven Darkholme's Twitch play through of BG2 as a solo Sorcerer. Once he reached a high enough level to learn the spell "Finger of Death" there were a surprising number of such wrong sounding phrases :D

• Like 2