Sanguine Plate (or similar) armor in Deadfire: You know you want it!

Honestly I found the Sanguine Plate a bit much

Blasphemy! :D

• Like 2

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

That is a really cool character picture. Can you post that for download?

It's one of the requests in one of the portraits thread. I'll see if I can find it. GOT IT!

https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/96828-portraits-ii/?p=2014043

He's a little blurry in the smaller res versions, but Aumaua must make do.

Edited by Parasol_Syndicate
  • Like 1

Magran's fire casts light in Dark Places...

Let me bump this back to page 1 just in case some Sanguine Plate lovers missed it earlier and want to chime in ;)

They fixed the Sanguine Blade texture and Magran knows how much I want to play a red-skinned Island Aumaua wielding that sword while wearing the Sanguine Plate. (Yes, color-matching is a big deal for me :p)

Edited by AndreaColombo
  • Like 1

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Huh? How could you not encounter the Sanguine Plate?

Same for me actually... I played Pillars 4-5 times completely and NEVER ONCE got it.

Maybe I always killed all the Fampyrs before talking to the boss Fampyr? But I think at least once I went to him first.

But you don’t get that armor from a Fampyr :) IIRC it’s a quest you get from the Vailian Ambassador in Defiance Bay; you kill the goons and their leader is wearing the Sanguine Plate.

But you don’t get that armor from a Fampyr :) IIRC it’s a quest you get from the Vailian Ambassador in Defiance Bay; you kill the goons and their leader is wearing the Sanguine Plate.

Yep you are asked to pose as a buyer (or something like that), then get exposed during the meeting and they attack; leader is wearing the plate. Fight happens on bridge into Defiance Bay.

• Like 1

White Crest Armour dammit!

A little bird told me Beast of Winter adds a “frost-themed” armor to the game; no idea whether it looks like White Crest, but it’s possible it’ll be the same level of awesome.

I just have a thing for the red color myself ;)

• Like 1

"The Forgotten" is not a mandatory quest,

but when you speak to Ambassador Agosti because of Pallegina he will offer you that quest. The quest can only be solved by killing the Forgotten. Their leader wears the Sanguine Plate.

It's really hard to miss.

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

So Brandon mentioned this in the stream and said they're looking into what they can do, and I'm practically percolating with excitement right now :D

(Yeah, that's how much I love the Sanguine Plate. I probably won't sleep tonight.)

• Like 5

always consider it to be worst plate

Mechanically or aesthetically?

Mechanically it wasn't spectacular, but I wasn't really using it for the mechanics myself.

but when you speak to Ambassador Agosti because of Pallegina he will offer you that quest. The quest can only be solved by killing the Forgotten. Their leader wears the Sanguine Plate.

I always thought it was easy to miss because you have to talk with ambassador twice. You dont get the quest the first time you talk with him with pallegina. the first time you talk with pallegina you get palleginas main quest and that is it. Then you have to talk with him again to get the sanguine plate quest. So i can see how some can miss it.

• Like 1

Oh believe me I missed it. I never spoke with the Ambassador again because well, I saw no reason to do so. Pallegina's stuff can be resolved without doing so and well, that's that.

• Like 1

Yes! We have no bananas.

Honestly I found the Sanguine Plate a bit much

Blasphemy! :D
I've never seen someone so cheery about blasphemy. ;)

Having the Sanguine Plate or other unique sets of armor, clothes, etc. Would be cool! Always adds a nice touch to the world.

Edited by Tick
  • Like 2

So Brandon mentioned this in the stream and said they're looking into what they can do, and I'm practically percolating with excitement right now :D

(Yeah, that's how much I love the Sanguine Plate. I probably won't sleep tonight.)

You made this happen AC!

• Like 3

Ah, must be the frost-themed plate I mentioned; looks pretty kewl and has a matching helmet :)

• Like 2