Serafen intro causes PC hard reboot

Achilles

Question

Details, including save games, event logs, etc can be found here.

Occurs in v1.2 and 1.2.0.0028

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

7 answers to this question

Hi Achilles,

Thanks for posting your issue here. I'm assuming the files and saves you're referring to in your link are produced specifically from this Serafen issue occurring and not from the black screen issue from that topic? If they are not, could you provide us with a save file before the Serafen issue occurs and crash logs of after it has occurred?

Thanks!

All the files you need are in that post. The game does not produce a crash log (as I tried to indicate in that post). Windows event logs are included there.

To clarify, I did not encounter the black screen issue until after the third hard reboot. The fix applied resolved the black screen issue but not the hard reboot issue.

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

More drama. Can't complete this map without my PC crashing (hard reboots). As with the others there are no crash logs. If you want more Windows event logs, let me know.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/l36n7y042g9ibss/Niall%20%28e81ed790-3abe-4240-a3aa-802bc8f2f0fa%29%20autosave_1.savegame?dl=0

More than a week since I posted this and no confirmation that it's being looked into. Pretty please don't forget about me.

I cannot play the game without encountering random hard reboots. 

jlee,

It's been 3 weeks since I started this thread. Multiple people have started threads of their own reporting this same issue. Many of those thread have gone on without a response. A few of them have messages from you asking for crash logs that we've tried to tell you aren't being generated.

I'm done begging for support. This isn't a single edge case; this a major issue for many of your players. This needs to have a bug opened so that someone can look into it.

One more save with 0 downloads for the list: https://www.dropbox.com/s/elnblizcmvfbeec/Niall%20%28e81ed790-3abe-4240-a3aa-802bc8f2f0fa%29%20%28LAX-ABC%29%20autosave_2.savegame?dl=0

Edited by Achilles