The Need for Deeps (Part 1) - single class dps results/ really quick and dirty

I decked out some "popular" dps classes in some "sick" gears through console when I landed in Nekataka (and of course upgraded everything to legendary) and let them rolf-stomp through the game in fast mode. 

Since cipher was ascendant variety ai was set to max focus with attacks and then spam mindblades or amp wave. 

The video shows results, gear used to somewhat normalize the results between classes and abilities selected. 

I only did single classes because multi is too complicated and I wanted the "basics" - yes gears was carefully selected but gear abilities not used nor any items/potions. 

Classes were:

Ascended (Cipher)

Berserker (Barbarian)

Fury (Druid)

Helwalker (Monk)

Streetfighter (Rogue)

Game was played on classic but with extra hp on mobs.

On Vet/Potd I imagine Streetfighter would be flanked/bloodied more often making it better, though I did not play this with a healer, just deeps. But more enemies/hp pools would also benefit cipher, helwalker performance and even fury I would say since fury is so slow to cast but their spells when cast deal good damage (plague of insects etc).

Wizard would probably perform similarly to druid I imagine. 

Other notes: 

-being ranged helps get more deeps if you are the ranged in a melee group - case in point: cipher

-Zerker/Rogue/Cipher front loaded on damage boosts

-monk picks up quite a significant level of power later with heartbeat drumming

-druid and wizard spells really slow (if you are serious about deeps as caster open battle by casting an aoe out of stealth - I sometimes did that)

But overall my strat was:

1.) everyone in stealth

2.) click on the nearest enemy

3.) see what happens

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F70iP-dGORE&feature=youtu.be

Edited by 1TTFFSSE

The Sharpshooter Garb from Maia is an insanely good item because that upgrade where you are missed by a ranged attack triggers some hit to crit conversation on your ranged attacks seems to apply also to your spell attacks. So on hearth orlan rogue+ranged dd wiz/cipher/whatever you could potentially get something like 30-40% hit to crit conversion with that armor+minor threat+dirty fighting on your aoe spell attacks lol.

Death Maw (being next to a corpse= -15% damage taken) + say something like Red Hand +40% damage done/ +40% damage taken is also nice. You get +40% damage done/ +25% damage taken that way, it's a nice combo and makes it possible to maybe use that buff from The Red Hand to its full potential on a melee toon. I would like it on a streetfighter+x class build.

Edited by 1TTFFSSE

You should give a try to priest with empowered https://pillarsofeternity2.wiki.fextralife.com/Storm+of+Holy+Fire :D

Level 9 priest/druid/wizard spells good but they will have a lot of catching up to do.

This is L7 AOE & Duration spell, with Fire keyword and it doesn't damage friendly targets

Edited by mant2si
  • Like 1

Solo PotD builds: The Glanfathan Soul Hunter (Neutral seer. Dominate and manipulate your enemies), Harbinger of Doom (Dark shaman. Burn and sacrifice, yourself and enemies for Skaen sake)

I cant read the stats from my phone. Would you be willing to summmarize the results?

Basic gist of the experiment was:

cipher, rogue and barbarian were all at 70K damage done at the end, monk at 50K, druid fury at 40K. 

and note: to those that say certain classes say monk after getting heartbeat drumming etc, wizards/clerics druids high level with their empowered high-level spells do a lot of dps at high levels - that is true, but at high levels the classes that were ahead ie, barbarian, rogue, or even cipher also get a damage "boost" thanks to for example rogue gambit spam+deathblows+sneak attack bonus, barbarian get insane speed bonus at high level like instant recovery per kill, ciphers get time parasite. so I think at high levels the classes that were ahead will maintain their advantage as long as fights are long and you need consistent dps ie, enemies have enough hp to not be globaled by one empowered meteor storm. 

You should give a try to priest with empowered https://pillarsofeternity2.wiki.fextralife.com/Storm+of+Holy+Fire :D

Level 9 priest/druid/wizard spells good but they will have a lot of catching up to do.

This is L7 AOE & Duration spell, with Fire keyword and it doesn't damage friendly targets

A fire based offensive focused Paladin/ Priest of Skaen could be a very nice strong build then. That gives me ideas. Can even be a Tier A (top) build. Bleak Walker+Preist of Skaen or Priest of Wael. Great defensives, utilities and fire damage single target flames of devotion+priest spell aoes. 

The Sharpshooter Garb from Maia is an insanely good item because that upgrade where you are missed by a ranged attack triggers some hit to crit conversation on your ranged attacks seems to apply also to your spell attacks. So on hearth orlan rogue+ranged dd wiz/cipher/whatever you could potentially get something like 30-40% hit to crit conversion with that armor+minor threat+dirty fighting on your aoe spell attacks lol.

The garb does 25% hit to crit after being missed. That combined with Minor Threat and Dirty Fighting would be an overall chance of ~39% in the best case scenario: you'll have to get missed by a ranged attack, then you'd have to attack the same target as an ally within 6 secs for Minor Threat to trigger.

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

A fire based offensive focused Paladin/ Priest of Skaen could be a very nice strong build then. That gives me ideas. Can even be a Tier A (top) build. Bleak Walker+Preist of Skaen or Priest of Wael. Great defensives, utilities and fire damage single target flames of devotion+priest spell aoes. 

I'm quite sure it does damage friendly targets and it always did.

Try single Priest of Berath, between Storm of Holy Fire and Symbol of Berath you will explode everything with ease. Problem is, this character peaks at high level :/

Templar (Pal+Wael-Priest) is reliable for melee damage, with decent flexibility (buffs/healing), and strong survivability.   However, a  Wiz+Pal still is way more efficient add to a party and safer bet solo (for my play style).  

Overall, I like the Templar, but Priest spells are the worst of the lot in my book.  Everything is meh, especially for multi-class.