What would your videogame looked like

Melusina

Ever wondered: if I had enough dollars/euro, I would order game just like I would like? If so, what would that game looked like?

Mine would be:

class-based game, with subclasses, multiclasses and prestige classes - A must, every take on this

full character costumization and various races, both sexes, name taking, etc...

fantasy, but no pirate setting, more medieval typical generic one

with party based system

with ability to fully costumize companions (but not totally fully)

various quests and various class-based quests where one class would have easy access to quest and other classes would have to pass a skillcheck or take a toil (money, attributes, feats, skills)

with feats and skills, as well as attributes

NWN2 free take on cross-class abilities/skills, meaning you can build your character outside you class, but with penalties

100+ hours

FORGOT: 3D, third person - a must also.

Edited by Melusina
  • Like 1

Anything using the D&D 2E / 2.5E rules.

Couldnt care less about "story", just point me at the BBEG.

A power curve that takes me from 1hp bum to godslayer.

Epic abilities, weapons and magic.

No mechanics that were designed specifically to help people with impulse control problems.

Sam & Max Dating Sim MMORPG

I, of course, would join the Max faction.

• Like 1
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Open world-ish third person treasure hunting game, reminiscent of the original Tomb Raider games but with even less combat and a greater emphasis on puzzles, research, and exploration.  Also, let me make a custom character.

Basically, a Tomb Raider where you play a character that's a lot more archaeologist who also happens to be remarkably agile and occasionally has a scuffle with a crazed cultist and a lot less super soldier with an insatiable thirst for Russian blood.

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

A very linear game with no grinding and less player choice

It would be well written... Imagine it would be similar to Supergiant's rpg's. The best rpg's we've gotten in years.

In short, a well made game with no filler and quality gameplay :)

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

A very linear game with no grinding and less player choice

It would be well written... Imagine it would be similar to Supergiant's rpg's. The best rpg's we've gotten in years.

In short, a well made game with no filler and quality gameplay :)

Like Ghost of a Tale? Yes, that would be OK also.

• Like 1

Bah...if I had enough money I turn every game that has a Dude as main character into a female ! Imagine : The witcher 3 with Geralda!  :lol:

I'll bet ye've got all sorts o' barmy questions! (She mimics your heroic stance) Greetin's, I have some questions... can ye tell me about this place? Who's the Lady o' Pain? I'm lookin' fer the magic Girdle of Swank Iron, have ye seen it? Do ye know where a portal ta the 2,817th Plane o' the Abyss might be? Do ye know where the Holy Flamin' Frost-Brand Gronk-Slayin' Vorpal Hammer o' Woundin' an' Returnin' an' Shootin'-Lightnin'-Out-Yer-Bum is?

Elderly Hive Dweller

Something that would offend a long standing fanbase immensely.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Something that would offend a long standing fanbase immensely.

A Telltale Fallout game?

...with choices & consequences of course. :grin:

EDIT:

Damn, this is a fun game to play. How about a Subnautica mmo with microtransactions and day one story dlc!

Edited by Katphood

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

Mine would probably be an exploration based mmorpg based on real world locations with low magic and lots of history based lore. Probably with a medieval time frame.

Also I would like Shadowrun with Jagged Alliance 2 strategy and character interaction. HBS came close, but I want more strategy, team development, etc.

• Like 1