Obsidian is having a community item creation poll on twitter

Obsidian seems to be letting the community give their opinions on a single item (to be included in a later patch) via Twitter polls.

Greetings Watchers! Because we love you all, we want to work with you to create an item in #Deadfire. Over the next few days, we'll be putting up polls for various aspects of the item. The winner of each day will then go into the item in an upcoming patch! Stay tuned!

Source

The first choice is already up and it is what the weapon type should be (Wand, Pollaxe, Morningstar or Hunting Bow). It ended up being a bow.

The second choice is up, and it is about its appearence (Engwithan, Animancer Technology, Huana Tribal and Undead). Animancer Technology ended up winning.

The third choice is up, and it's about its effect (Speed, Power, Hindering Foes, Wild and Unpredictable).

Edited by Night Stalker
  • Like 1

They should do a poll here for a runner up item.

• Like 2

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Wow, I’m a golden tier funder while my item is not made in the game yet, now they are doing a poll ahead of mine, good :)

Huh. Well I guess I shouldn't be surprised... Maybe they're being included in the same update though. Also, mind if I ask what weapon type you requested?

Wow, I’m a golden tier funder while my item is not made in the game yet, now they are doing a poll ahead of mine, good :)

DLC maybe?

FWIW, I was told the backer items would be sold by merchants and designed mine accordingly. I was a little miffed to find it as loot on a quasi faction-locked quest. I get your frustration.

Edited by Achilles

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

Yeah the support told me it can be put into one of the DLC.

Soooo... little spoiler? :)

EDIT: The custom community item clearly must be a pollaxe. Vote for pollaxe, people. Vote for pollaxe.

Edited by AndreaColombo
  • Like 3

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

It needs to be a hunting bow because Deadfire only has one unique and that's it.

Pollaxe has Wahaī Pōraga and Lord Darryn's Voulge.

But Pollaxe is so much cooler. Who wants to unironically use hunting bows, come on :p

• Like 1

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

yeah whats with that ? not everyone has a Twitter...

So what ? the forum peoples don't count anymore nowdays..unless its on Twiddle and facenuke ?  :getlost:

• Like 2
I'll bet ye've got all sorts o' barmy questions! (She mimics your heroic stance) Greetin's, I have some questions... can ye tell me about this place? Who's the Lady o' Pain? I'm lookin' fer the magic Girdle of Swank Iron, have ye seen it? Do ye know where a portal ta the 2,817th Plane o' the Abyss might be? Do ye know where the Holy Flamin' Frost-Brand Gronk-Slayin' Vorpal Hammer o' Woundin' an' Returnin' an' Shootin'-Lightnin'-Out-Yer-Bum is?

Elderly Hive Dweller

yeah whats with that ? not everyone has a Twitter...

So what ? the forum peoples don't count anymore nowdays..unless its on Twiddle and facenuke ? :getlost:

Maybe they're worried about the Codex people.

(kidding)

• Like 1

Obviously Twitter has a higher reach AND from a marketing perspective it would be not very effective to place such a poll in a forum where most likely everybody already has Deadfire. :)

We have a bow that is ice-themed (Frostseeker) and another that does corrode damage (Caedebald's Blackbow). It's time for a bow that shoots mud!

I call it "Fango Pack".

Chance to apply a single-target version of Slicken on hit.

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 4

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

make it shoot lightning! oh I mean acid. 

The lightning's going to be for when they bring back Stormcaller from PoE1.

Because they really should. I think we should have a flashy bow for every element.

Edited by Saito Hikari

I really hope we get a wand. They let us dual wield them in Deadfire, then only gave us one unique.

Wands are bad, mmkay? Scepters is what you want to dual-wield. I voted Morning Star - by far the most useful thing we can get. There are two in game, I think, one of which sucks.

If my post hasn't been edited yet, I'm still looking to find the error I made typing it.

We have a bow that is ice-themed (Frostseeker) and another that does corrode damage (Caedebald's Blackbow). It's time for a bow that shoots mud!

Frostseeker is a war bow though (because of me missclicking mind you, the intention was to make a hunting bow).

But a hunting bow doing electric damage could be a fitting homage to the Shortbow of Gesen from BG2. :)

• Like 1

I'll do it, for a turnip.

DnD item quality description mod (for PoE2) by peardox