[Need Help] Create Scaling Bomb Throwing Procs on Attack

Hey guys, I really like creating procs for ItemMods. Right now I'm trying to create another ItemMod that can allow me throw bomb when Attacking (with chance of course).

I've managed to do that by creating StatusEffect with AttackTargetOnEvent / AttackEnemyOnEvent and link the AttackID of vanilla GrenadeAoE.

However, my problems is the damage of that Bomb is not scaled with my Explosive skills. The Damage of that procs bomb even smaller than listed on the Attack data.

So, the question is how can I create the procs with scaling damage?

Anyone can help me?

Edited by zilbest

Just an update, I've tried to create new AoE with StatusEffect which contain Damage, scaling with Explosive, but it seems the StatusEffect isn't called at all.

Should I post my all lines here or is there any mod that I can peek in the Nexus?

You might have to include the Explosives Keyword ID with the new attack to get it to scale with your Explosive skill.  I'm not sure what the Keyword ID is exactly, but you can dig around through the other files to find it.

If you want to post your JSON here, we can take a look and see if something isn't matching up.

Hey, thanks for replying...

This is the gamedatabundle that I created. 

I have put the keyword on the Attack data because I just modify it from "Bomb_Grenade_Ability_AoEPrimary" entry but the damage is nowhere near the Grenade ability if I throw it manually.

trinket_for_eder.txt

Edited by zilbest

I just had a quick look.  The bombing Maniac damage status effect would appear to do what you want on it's own but there's no link to it.  There's also no generic ability which I noticed the in-game grenade attacks have with a powerscaling value of "modifersonly" which might link to those keywords  (I'm guessing - I still haven't played extensively with items but I have written tons of ability/attack and SE lines. 

You could apply the maniac damage status effect to the caster post attack with a very short duration (say 0.5 seconds) that should affect any secondary attack if it occurs.  You might want to change that to a damagemulitplier with a base value of 1 that then scales reasonably off of the explosive skill rather than add additional damage on top of the min/max.

I would be curious to see if this works for two reasons (straight grenade abilities and the power to create explosive shots etc that scale off of the explosive skill).

edit: You can also modify the attack filter (keyworld should do the trick - giving the grenade attack a unique keyword) that means the maniac damage status effect can be maintained as long as you like and have it only affect that particular attack.  You could add the statuseffect to the caster on equip along with the attackonchance effect.

Edited by ferzal

I know, I remove the link for Damage StatusEffect since I was hoping to give the damage only from AttackAoE data (which is not scaling).

The damage from StatusEffect data is already scaling but sadly it can't be shown in combat log, even though it works.

I have tested this and it scales. My Eder with 15 Explosive skill can give 135 damage with that StatusEffect but, again, it's not on the combat Log.

Sorry, I should've update my 2nd post about the StatusEffect linked to the AoE not working. I've made it work with the SE.

I was hoping to give the damage to the AttackAoE data only (without Damage SE) since it's shown on the combat log and it's smaller (more tidy).

Edited by zilbest

This is really cool! This could be used for making "explosive rounds" and "explosive arrows", for guns and bows respectively.

I could make it worked already if you don't mind the damage doesn't show on the combat log since I will apply it using Damage StatusEffect (like you can't see Bleed data on your enemies in combat log).

I was hoping to give the scaling damage on the AoE data so it could be tracked.

The method I suggested should show in the combat log as it would add a damage multiplier to that particular attack.  So you create a unique keywork for the attack, apply the damage boost statuseffect and make it a damagemultiplier for attacks with that keyword only.  Have a Basevalue of 1 and scale if off of the explosive skill which will increase it to over 1.  You might have to fiddle with the amount to get it right.

The method I suggested should show in the combat log as it would add a damage multiplier to that particular attack. So you create a unique keywork for the attack, apply the damage boost statuseffect and make it a damagemultiplier for attacks with that keyword only. Have a Basevalue of 1 and scale if off of the explosive skill which will increase it to over 1. You might have to fiddle with the amount to get it right.

Aaah... Sorry, I'm still learning and tried to understand what you mean by creating new unique keyword. But now I think I got it.

Let me try to dig it further and will update this after I've made it (or stuck again).

Thanks for the ideas mate!

It's just an idea.  Sorry I didn't explain it more clearly.  Your file looked like you had a good handle on things.  I'm just as curious as you to see if it works.  I think/hope it should.  Explosive elemental projectiles here we come! :p

• Like 1