[1.2] Possible errors with priest and paladin disposition scaling

thelee

Question

While disentangling how priest/paladin disposition works for this post: https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/103595-mechanics-priestpaladin-disposition-aka-does-obsidian-even-understand-their-own-math/ I came across several oddities that strike me as potential bugs.

1. The disposition-scaling factor for priest Holy Radiance does not benefit from power level scaling. It is possible that this is intentional, but in case it is not, currently power level scaling only benefits the base 15 healing and base 12 damage from Holy Radiance.

2. The paladin's faith & conviction and deep faith do not have the range that the 1.1 patch notes state they should. Instead of [6, 10] and [5, 15] the range is [8.2, 10] and [10.6, 15]. If this is intentional and the 1.1 patch notes wrong, disregard, but to me it feels like a whole lot of effort for little gain the way disposition scaling is set up particularly for the default faith & conviction (where the difference between a completely neutral paladin and a completely bad paladin in most cases is functionally 0 because it's the difference between 8.9 and 8.2 to defenses and very few effects in the game have fractional accuracy or fractional defense where that .7 difference could matter (if there even any remaining effects at all... pre-1.2 before drugs and potions could give you fractional stats but 1.2 removed this alchemy-based effect scaling, and i don't know what else there is other than deep faith/faith and conviction).

To reproduce: start a new game or reload an existing game and hire a new priest or paladin and mess with dispositions and observe the different effects. You can also read my forum post and see if I'm right or wrong (though I have extensively tested in-game and even wrote a little script to ensure I could accurate predict defenses based on some input dispositions).

Edited by thelee
  • Like 2

1 answer to this question