Duskfall

Guest Psychovampiric Shield

Question

Duskfall has nice +1 penetration bonus when attacking the same target as an ally. I noticed two issues with that.

1) I equipped one character with Duskfall and later moved it to another. The first character has still Duskfall incorrectly listed among Current Effects in character summary, but no bonus in actual combat. The second character, who has Duskfall now, has not Duskfall among Current Effects, but does receive bonus in combat.

Screenshot_2018-07-10_23-01-14.png   Screenshot_2018-07-10_23-00-33.png

Screenshot_2018-07-10_23-01-45.png   Screenshot_2018-07-10_23-02-03.png   Screenshot_2018-07-10_22-59-04.png

2) But...the bonus is not applied to every hit. I am not sure but it seems as though it was applied only if target was hit by an ally in last X seconds, i.e. if an ally hits first, it is applied, but if the ally is slower (or misses) and at some point starts hitting after the character with Duskfall, +1 pen is not applied, even though they indeed have been attacking the same target for some time. So X may be a bit too low value.

Screenshot_2018-07-11_17-36-47.png   Screenshot_2018-07-11_17-37-19.png

Edited by Psychovampiric Shield

4 answers to this question

I have some additional observations. "Current effect" Duskfall +1 may be actually debuff that makes +1 pen (Devious) NOT to apply even though conditions are met. It will appear among current effects after some time/a few battles, but what exactly triggers it remains unclear. Characters without this buff/debuff get +1 pen in actual combat, albeit inconsistently, and now I am inclined to say they get it only on their first hit that meets conditions (has Duskfall and an ally is hacking the same villain), rather than hit that comes quickly after hit from an ally.

EDIT: should have searched for it, it has already been reported: https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/102802-duskfall-devious

Hi Psychovampiric Shield,

Could you provide us with your save file and output log file so that we may investigate your issue more thoroughly?

Output log: \Steam\steamapps\common\Pillars of Eternity II\PillarsOfEternityII_Data
Save File: %USERPROFILE%\Saved Games\Pillars of Eternity II

Thanks!

Well, save is here

Two characters are infected with persistent Duskfall +1 effect, Pallegina and Ydwin, and seem not get  +1 Devious pen bonus in combat. Other characters get +1 on their first hit.

I have GOG Linux version, so I am not sure what you mean by output log. Player log is here.