1. 1. What region would you like to see if PoE3 exists

• Aedyr Empire
    • Rauatai
    • Old Vailia
    • The White that Wends, Naasitaq
    • The Living Lands
    • The Eastern Reach: Readceras, Ixamitl Pliains, Vaillian Republics
    • A new exotic and unknown region
  2. 2. In the Eastern Reach, what region would you choose?

• Readceras
    • Ixamitl Plains
    • Vailian Republics
    • Revisit known places: Eir Glanfatch, Dyrwood, etc

Aedyr makes the most sense.  We just had a game of untamed wilderness islands to explore full of exotic locales and death, why do we want another game themed on exploration of exotic locales and death right after it?

Also Aedyr is the most powerful current country, has a lot happening politically, and it is very different in culture/atmosphere than any of the previous games locations.  The only other option would be that place Rekke is from, of the Valian Republics which I feel like we had enough of for a bit in the last game also.

Because so much of Deadfire's playtime is spent exploring the gigantic unnecessary city. The "islands" we get to explore are the size of a living room and have maybe 2 encounters on them. I want to properly explore an untamed wilderness, ancient ruins, etc.

Aedyr'd be an interesting location to further any woedica-related plots, but would likely end up being another classic medieval setting, seeing how they've outlawed animancy, lost both their overseas colonies and are probably not all that progressive considering their continued feudalism and government church. While those aspects could make for an interesting story, fitting with the general theme of gods, progress and kith self-reliance, it'd be very bread-and-butter in regard to fantasy settings, perhaps even more so than the eastern reach.

As for other major players in Eora, we have the Vailian Republics dominating trade in the eastern reach and beyond while also pushing the boundaries on animancy research, Rauatai ruling and expanding an immense stratified society through naval power and engineering prowess, and either a resurgent Huana empire in the Deadfire, an immense growth in territory for one of the former two factions, or continued efforts by the former two to exploit the region. They'd be interesting to explore, but I don't see any immediate story hooks aside from the ending storms in Rauatai. Also, the regions seem a bit too stable for my tastes but that's just my opinion. It's also why I prefer Old Vailia: ancient shattered empire with two hundred years of ongoing wars? Sign me the hell up!

To put things shortly: we've had a developed former colony in PoE1, complete with a small uncolonized area in Eir Glanfath. We've had a fresh colonial frontier in the midst of a mad scramble for territory and influence in Deadfire. Exploring one of the actual empires of Eora sounds good for the third game, whether it be Aedyr, Rauatai or Old Vailia.

• Like 2

Because so much of Deadfire's playtime is spent exploring the gigantic unnecessary city. The "islands" we get to explore are the size of a living room and have maybe 2 encounters on them. I want to properly explore an untamed wilderness, ancient ruins, etc.

I don't know, I feel like I have explored a butt ton of agent ruins in Eternity 1/2 already.

Also the thing about untamed wilderness.... It came make a great hack a slash combat centric game like Icewind Dale.  It doesn't make for a great story setting though, what with it all being wilderness.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

It would be interesting if it was in both aedyr and old valia, in some way (in the frontier , travelling from ship from each other) . from the eastern reach , could be both ixamitl and raedceras at the same time.  i dont undestand why so many chose living lands when this region still needs a lot of development and still quite vague in content.  Pillars needed demons (perhaps linked to gods such as skaen, rymgand and woedica, doing a function for these gods,)  and even more focus in animancy.  perhaps some faction that wanted to repeat the work of engwithians and build new gods,  heaven and hell for the souls, etc.

Edited by nouser

It would be interesting if it was in both aedyr and old valia, in some way (in the frontier , travelling from ship from each other) . from the eastern reach , could be both ixamitl and raedceras at the same time.  i dont undestand why so many chose living lands when this region still needs a lot of development and still quite vague in content.  Pillars needed demons (perhaps linked to gods such as skaen, rymgand and woedica, doing a function for these gods,)  and even more focus in animancy.  perhaps some faction that wanted to repeat the work of engwithians and build new gods,  heaven and hell for the souls, etc.

Why would anybody decide to make new gods with animancy when nobody understands or knows that the gods are constructs made with animancy?