1. 1. What region would you like to see if PoE3 exists

• Aedyr Empire
    • Rauatai
    • Old Vailia
    • The White that Wends, Naasitaq
    • The Living Lands
    • The Eastern Reach: Readceras, Ixamitl Pliains, Vaillian Republics
    • A new exotic and unknown region
  2. 2. In the Eastern Reach, what region would you choose?

• Readceras
    • Ixamitl Plains
    • Vailian Republics
    • Revisit known places: Eir Glanfatch, Dyrwood, etc

wtw basicly have no chance for a full game

and why would so many interested in aedyr empire?

even if the declining empire crumble into chaos like old vailia

it either end with the chaos continue after watcher leave or order restore with in a year

vailia living land and ixamitl are more chaotic and interesting

faction struggle like deadfire have way more potential than one 15 year crisis like poe1

old vailia are most promising

but zahua make ixamitl very intriguing as well

Edited by uuuhhii

I have never really cared for the politics and cultures of races in games. I want to see untamed wilds and bizarre ecosystems. Give me old ruins and utamed jungles with strange, wonderful, and dangerous creatures. Towns and cities are the most boring parts of any game.

I have never really cared for the politics and cultures of races in games. I want to see untamed wilds and bizarre ecosystems. Give me old ruins and utamed jungles with strange, wonderful, and dangerous creatures. Towns and cities are the most boring parts of any game.

It sounds like the ThemePark NotRPGs made by WeDoNotMakeActualRPGsAnymore are for you.

• Like 1

The White that Wends... well, we've already had White March and will have Beast of Winter for snowy settings, but I would like to learn more about the Pale Elves.

The taiga/ tundra is not just snowy, it's pretty varied.

Really? I'm not too fussed about politics either, but there's something about walking into a new town and checking out the weapons and spells on sale that presses my RPG buttons. 

Really? I'm not too fussed about politics either, but there's something about walking into a new town and checking out the weapons and spells on sale that presses my RPG buttons. 

I like cities-towns and politics. Neketaka is great and I like the factions and interests of each faction in PoE2.

I love when my party returns to the city/town after fighting in the wilderness.

• Like 3

I find the cities and politics to be the best bits of RPGs. Guess you cannot make everyone happy.

• Like 4

It sounds like the ThemePark NotRPGs made by WeDoNotMakeActualRPGsAnymore are for you.

I don't even know what you are trying to say.

More snow and mountains!

Create own live camp / village (differents style – war camp/trade and ect) 

Maybe caravans system and just small ship system explore couple of island

Harder environment!

Snowfall, thunder in the woods near mountains.

Add resources for survival

Oh just imagine…

pahad-painting.jpg
  • Like 3

The living lands or the white that wends would make for interesting frontier zones to feed my love for exploration, and to get a view of a truly wild fantasy region as well; however, I wouldn't mind getting to see Old Vailia: As a shattered empire, it'd be a good introduction to a more developed and civilized region of Eora as opposed to Deadfire and the Eastern reach, as well as a region filled with upheaval, faction disputes and instability. Not to mention we have at least two existing factions, the Principi and the Republics, with a tangible connection to the region, and the fall of an empire to investigate. It'd be a plot twist if the gods weren't involved in the latter considering what we've seen in the rest of Eora.

Also, a side story about Nemnok's return to the legendary realm of imps, known as the Impire, to save its people from the vile Arkemyr. Bad grammar and shinies for everyone.

• Like 1

The living lands or the white that wends would make for interesting frontier zones to feed my love for exploration, and to get a view of a truly wild fantasy region as well; however, I wouldn't mind getting to see Old Vailia: As a shattered empire, it'd be a good introduction to a more developed and civilized region of Eora as opposed to Deadfire and the Eastern reach, as well as a region filled with upheaval, faction disputes and instability. Not to mention we have at least two existing factions, the Principi and the Republics, with a tangible connection to the region, and the fall of an empire to investigate. It'd be a plot twist if the gods weren't involved in the latter considering what we've seen in the rest of Eora.

Also, a side story about Nemnok's return to the legendary realm of imps, known as the Impire, to save its people from the vile Arkemyr. Bad grammar and shinies for everyone.

Lands untainted by the gods would be interesting, maybe some sort of isolated Engwithin culture that still practices a purer form of animancy.

• Like 2

Lands untainted by the gods would be interesting, maybe some sort of isolated Engwithin culture that still practices a purer form of animancy.

"Purer" might not be the *best* word. But I'm being pedantic.

It would be really interesting to see if its culture and Form of animancy survived more directly. Some or most of the animancy experiments we've found in the ruins are pretty creepy and messed up.

Maybe innocent? Whatever all their prowess was, but before they self-immolated trying to bring their gods to life.

It'd definitely be interesting to see what became of the Engwithans who didn't believe that dogmatic animancy hivesoul minds were a good idea, though that'd probably lead to an unknown region such as the living lands, where the renegades could live without too much worry about the newly-created gods.

Come to think of it, continued Engwithan experimentation over a long time could reasonably explain the region's weirdness. Would be more interesting if animancy wasn't to blame though, if only to prevent it becoming a worldbuilding gimmick.

• Like 3

The Living Lands doesn't need to be just a wild land with no cities. Besides the port or place where the kith gather, there could be cities of other creatures, like Vithracks or ogres for example.

And the White That Wends could have some secret area that is not just ice and cold, although I wouldn't expect them to go this way.

Maybe someone finds a massive engwithan city underground, something like The Mountains of Madness by H. P. Lovecraft.

• Like 2

sign.jpg

The Living Lands doesn't need to be just a wild land with no cities. Besides the port or place where the kith gather, there could be cities of other creatures, like Vithracks or ogres for example.

Not to mention the Living Lands could be hiding a civilization underneath its crazy environment, ancient or otherwise. It would be an interesting backdrop to see Engwithan society was like before they ultimately decided their gods had to come to life, any findings presumably free from hundreds if not thousands of years of interpretation from any modern day culture.

There has to be SOME reason why the place is supposedly as weird as it is.

• Like 1

Not to mention the Living Lands could be hiding a civilization underneath its crazy environment, ancient or otherwise. It would be an interesting backdrop to see Engwithan society was like before they ultimately decided their gods had to come to life, any findings presumably free from hundreds if not thousands of years of interpretation from any modern day culture.

There has to be SOME reason why the place is supposedly as weird as it is.

I haven't finished the game yet, but based on some thread titles on the spoiler section, below is a possible endgame spoiler

Maybe there is an Engwithan society hidden there and they are a backup in case something goes wrong with the gods plan. I wonder if that would make sense for PoE3 :-

Edited by InsaneCommander

sign.jpg

We've been in colonized areas, for two games now. I think true frontier is a bit different, never-mind it fits the era. The Americas at least had a very long frontier period anyways, as did Japan which was an isolated island nation for the most part.

• Like 3

Aedyr makes the most sense.  We just had a game of untamed wilderness islands to explore full of exotic locales and death, why do we want another game themed on exploration of exotic locales and death right after it?

Also Aedyr is the most powerful current country, has a lot happening politically, and it is very different in culture/atmosphere than any of the previous games locations.  The only other option would be that place Rekke is from, of the Valian Republics which I feel like we had enough of for a bit in the last game also.

• Like 1