1. 1. What region would you like to see if PoE3 exists

• Aedyr Empire
    • Rauatai
    • Old Vailia
    • The White that Wends, Naasitaq
    • The Living Lands
    • The Eastern Reach: Readceras, Ixamitl Pliains, Vaillian Republics
    • A new exotic and unknown region
  2. 2. In the Eastern Reach, what region would you choose?

• Readceras
    • Ixamitl Plains
    • Vailian Republics
    • Revisit known places: Eir Glanfatch, Dyrwood, etc

Update: 100 votes casted (thanks for participating :dancing:) and we can take some important conclusions:

1 The Living Lands region has no rival. 4 of each 10 players voted this region. That's too much having 7 options avaiable to choose. The second options (Aedyr and White that Wends) only have a 16%.

2 Players want to travel to new areas outside the Eastern Reach.

3 Players don't want to travel to unknown regions not mentioned in the Lore.

I hope devs take this into account :biggrin: .

Edited by juanval
  • Like 1

I actually have a hard time choosing. They all sound really cool and interesting and like there's a lot the developers could flesh out.

It feels like The Valian Republics? Is that the name...? Or the Rauatai would be the obvious next choice. Or Old Valia. But I would be fine with Obsidian moving it somewhere else.

Aedyr Empire would be an obvious choice but personally I think Obsidian continue to introduce us to exotic and unrelated to previous games background. Like who could've imagined that we'll move from classic dnd setting to tropical paradise? So Ixamitl Plains are my choice. But if I remember correctly come keys about upcoming setting were placed in POE1 here and there so may be we already introduced to the next place, just didn't realized it yet.

Ixamitl plains for me. My watcher is a philosopher from there and yearns to return to his homeland after he was driven away by religious folk, due to his last work and magnum opus "In the defense of compassion".

More seriously, Ixamitl, because my watcher is from there and I have far too little knowledge of Ixamitl. Also, they have that strong tradition in philosophy, which would be really nice to explore given the events in Deadfire.

• Like 3

Tough choice. I would like to see Living Lands, White that Wends and Rauatai the most. Living Lands for its frontier feeling and bizarre flora and fauna. White that Wends because we know so little about it. I imagine it also could have that hard survival, maybe post-apo feeling with a touch of mystical. Rauatai because I want to see it outside of just its military. Not interested in Aedyr almost at all. Old Vailia might be interesting because of how unstable the region is. Raedceras could be a little too vanilla fantasy setting, too close to how Dyrwood felt. On paper it sounds more interesting than Dyrwood (theocracy, extremely poor region) but I'm not sure if I'd want to explore it in game. Ixamitl... I don't know. Wouldn't say no but wouldn't be my first choice.

• Like 3

I would really want to see White that Wends myself. With how little we know about it, there are many cool things you can do with it. But, as mentioned somewhere else, I would like Obsidian to take more unusual route, outside of "snow and elves". This place is almost unmarked and so mythical, that you can put literally anything there and it would still make some sense. Mutant dinosaurs? Kaiju? Eldritch abominations? Anomalous rules of nature? It can work. I would personally like to see a frozen postapocalyptic society with loony entropy-worshipping elves and survivalist bend to every aspect of life. Think Lovecraft's "At the Mountains of Madness", spliced with Carpenter's "The Thing" and maybe Eastern European postapocalyptic stories (Strugacki with their "Roadside Picnic", Gluchowski with Metro 2033).

Gameplay-wise Obsidian can focus of the survival in the very harsh enviroment aspect of the game - think Expeditions Viking, maybe Frostpunk. Play up the "expendable" aspect of the protagonist. You start off relatively safe and in civilized enviroment - maybe in some Aedyrian/Vailian outpost - but the farther you progress in the game the more bizzare, uncouth and deadly things are becoming. In order to survive you need to hang around weird survivalist elven tribes - get to know their culture, lifestyle, history behind the place, things like that. Given that's technically Ryrmgand's realm, things can get very interesting indeed. 

Anyway, that's my wishlist. Something tells I put way more unnecessary thought into that than I realistically should have. Oh, well.

My top picked places to visit would be Vailian Republics, Ixamitl Plains and or The Living Lands.

Edited by wolfrider100

" Life... is strength. That is not to be contested, it seems

logical enough. You live, you affect your world. "

Jon Irenicus ´

Aedyr Empire, Old Vailia, or the Vailian Republics.

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

The Living Lands would be my top, with the Aedyr Empire being a close second. I'd also like to learn more about Readceres, I have this vision of what it's like it mind, I always picture the City of Heresy from FMAB. A city taken over by a new sanctity, masked by the beauty and prior success of the region. I'm fascinated by how Pillars explores faith and I imagine Readceres as a region with false beliefs but is somehow better off for it just enough for the status quo to remain. It would be neat to return to the region to see what it has become after news of The Watcher's journey's and exploits have made it back to where the tale of Eothas all began.

• Like 1

With 35 votes, the Living Lands has 40%. I like a big city, but I don't know how it could be sited in the Living Lands.

It seems clear that people don't want to travel to unknown regions not mentioned in PoE1 and 2 lore.

With 35 votes, the Living Lands has 40%. I like a big city, but I don't know how it could be sited in the Living Lands.

It seems clear that people don't want to travel to unknown regions not mentioned in PoE1 and 2 lore.

Massive adventurer's encampment on the border of the unknown that is actively growing into a city?

Or maybe some already developed "Gateway to the Living Lands" city that is a launching board onwards?

• Like 3

Yezuha could be an explicit option in the poll. But for me the Living Lands would be the best option. Lots of different environments and ecosystems just beyond the next hill.

Ixamitl would be interesting if we had the chance to avenge (free?) Zahua's people, defeating the evil empire.

Massive adventurer's encampment on the border of the unknown that is actively growing into a city?

Or maybe some already developed "Gateway to the Living Lands" city that is a launching board onwards?

Maybe something like the Alethi Warcamps in the Stormlight Archive:

800px-Warcamps.jpg

Basically lots of camps near something really interesting/profitable.

• Like 1

sign.jpg

Yezhua could be interesting, but we know so little about it that it’s hard to pick as a setting for an entire game. Right now I could settle for finding out more about it lore-wise.

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Space.

• Like 2

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands