PotD in latest patch is really hard

I have my PC, Eder and Xoti I get killed in by the street robbers or at the dig site... anyone have any tips on how to survive these? I can't get much further 'til I do them.

Can you leave on your boat before and come back later?

There are too many boars at the dig site and too many street fighters.

Edited by ArnoldRimmer

You can skip most of the enemies at the dig site by sneaking past and talking to Eothas. Once you do, all the boars, drakes, panthers and such will be gone. As for Gorecci Street, make sure you have the thug quest, then enter it from the west (when you adventure on the world map, click Gorecci Street) and talk to the elf.

You can't leave on your boat until you investigate the digsite for Clario.

Gorecci Street is indeed tough. If you enter from the south you can easily sneak by the thugs and talk to their leader and solve it without violence. To enter from the south, approach from outside the city. I've also done it by using the southern exit of the harbor map, south of the inn.

Also this should go on the strategy forum ;)

My Deadfire mods
Out With The Good: The mod for tidying up your Deadfire combat tooltip.
Waukeen's Berth: Make all your basic purchases at Queen's Berth.
Carrying Voice: Wider chanter invocations.
Nemnok's Congregation: Lets all priests express their true faith.

Deadfire skill check catalogue right here!

I have my PC, Eder and Xoti I get killed in by the street robbers or at the dig site... anyone have any tips on how to survive these? I can't get much further 'til I do them.

Gorecci street is legit one of the hardest fights (with like 2 other contenders) in the game right now on POTD if you follow natural game progression. The fight isnt mandatory tho.

POTD is only hard during the early game unfortunately (until you reach hasongo approximately, and all the sidequests werent reworked as well so they are still very easy). A lot of the stuff after you leave port maje is much easier in general.

There are explosive barrels on the digsite (right side of the map i think) and you can use those to blow them up. Or you can pull them into chokepoints. The digsite is fairly easy as long as you have 3 characters (MC+eder+xoti) who are all skilled in melee combat. Pure casters dont cut it early on imo. Also remember to set up flanking whenever possible.

Edited by Zelse

1.Find a bottleneck on the map somewhere close to where the enemies are

2. Leave the bulk of your party members at the bottleneck with ranged weapons equipped

3. Have your tank (eder) start combat and then run back to the bottleneck

4. Have your tank engage the enemies at the bottleneck so they cant reach your ranged characters

5. For extra hard fights make sure your tank has all the healing potions equipped and keep healing the tank with a healer

Later on when you get a mage cast chillfog and combusting wounds in front of your tank

Its called CHEESE

Edited by no1fanboy