I’d love to hear some ideas for how to make this little masseuse most useful!

My idea so far, Howler build - barb/skald. Either 1 hand with puke stabber for extra crits and extra phrases. Or unarmed monastic for fist fighting! Thoughts?

I generally armor him to the eyeballs. add thick skinned and have him summon some ogres.  
Dull the Edge, Ancient Memory, Silver Knights is my go to, once I have the points for it. 

I have a highly offensive watcher, so I feel comfortable in making a tankier Konst. 

Edited by Parasol_Syndicate

Magran's fire casts light in Dark Places...

I mean to fully take advantage of skald and getting crits you usually go one handed style and take a cool on crit weapon like The Last Word warhammer or something similar, or you do dual sabers with high hit to crit sabers like aldris+min's, but those two are sometimes reserved for your main melee dps.

then give him offensive evocations that stun/ paralyze/frighten enemies in a cone, give the deflection + engagement chant, the fire lash chant and damage to health chant. don't bother with summon chants because skald is not for summoning.

Given how much they talk about his large hands he should really be build with Monastic Unarmed Training. ;)

If you want to build lots of crit-phrases quickly you might want to use an AoE weapon like Wahaī Pōraga or Whispers of the Endless Paths in combo with Killers Froze Stiff. Battering multiple paralyzed enemies with one of those AoE weapons should give you crit-phrases rather quickly I guess?

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

I mean to fully take advantage of skald and getting crits you usually go one handed style and take a cool on crit weapon like The Last Word warhammer or something similar, or you do dual sabers with high hit to crit sabers like aldris+min's, but those two are sometimes reserved for your main melee dps.

then give him offensive evocations that stun/ paralyze/frighten enemies in a cone, give the deflection + engagement chant, the fire lash chant and damage to health chant. don't bother with summon chants because skald is not for summoning.

Considering that he can be multi barbarian skald, dual wielding may make more sense. Barbaric smash will give you hit to crit conversion and is likely to kill the target and refund cost.