Godlike as "children" of the gods...

During the course of the game we learn that godlike are in fact agents/children/vessels of the gods that can be destroyed, imbued, etc.by the gods that exist at the gods' pleasure. Each godlike seems to correspond to one of the gods; so far we know of:

Death Godlike: Berath

Fire Godlike: Magran

Nature Godlike: Galawain

Moon Godlike: Ondra?/Wael?

Avian Godlike: Hylea

Marine Godlike: Ondra

Is it safe to assume each god has his own godlike? 

• Like 1

My guess is that Rymrgand probably wouldn't have any.  He's all about not having a means of returning after death.

Wael godlikes probably just look like normal people.  Normal people who go through their lives unable to wear hats for reasons that they can never understand. 

• Like 13

Moon Godlike: Ondra?/Wael?

Ondra, specifically.  Which makes sense, considering all the legends of her pining for the moon and the actual fact you learn that she literally dropped Eora's third moon on Abydon's head.  So yep, she's got two types of Godlike offspring.

I imagine a Wael Godlike might have parchment-like skin, or maybe have multiple eyes on their body like Greek mythology's Argus.

• Like 1

My guess is that Rymrgand probably wouldn't have any.  He's all about not having a means of returning after death.

Wael godlikes probably just look like normal people.  Normal people who go through their lives unable to wear hats for reasons that they can never understand. 

They can dance if they want to, though.

• Like 4

Magran's fire casts light in Dark Places...

What would a Woedica (Woedican?) godlike look like? Do they have like permanent mask faces? Come to think of it, WOULD she have ones or did she bank fully on Thaos instead.

Wasn't there a portrait datamined from the DLC's that looked very much like a Rymrgand godlike?

There we go:

post-111748-0-35723000-1527951103.png

• Like 1

My guess is that Rymrgand probably wouldn't have any. He's all about not having a means of returning after death.

Wasn't there a portrait datamined from the DLC's that looked very much like a Rymrgand godlike?

There we go:

I think the current idea is he's either a companion, ally, or enemy. If only it was indication of a new player Godlike. Edited by Vitalis

My guess is that Rymrgand probably wouldn't have any. He's all about not having a means of returning after death.

There we go:

I think the current idea is he's either a companion, ally, or enemy. If only it was indication of a new player Godlike.

"ally or enemy" would only require a watercolor since you'd only ever see it in the dialog UI. So either new player subclass or companion/sidekick.

• Like 1

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

My money’s on companion/sidekick—and really looks like a Rymrgand godlike.

• Like 2

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

My money’s on companion/sidekick—and really looks like a Rymrgand godlike.

From what I've seen on the wiki, you'd win that bet!  His name is Vatnir, and he's a Priest (White that Wends Mystic)!

Looks like I was wrong about Wael godlikes having many eyes, though.  Seems Rymrgand has cornered the market on that...

Edited by jtbehnke
  • Like 2

They've already shown Ondra has multiple kinds of representations in her godlikes (moon, marine (Tekehu), and Alex in the last dev stream mentioned that Galawain's godlikes can appear in many different forms, so it's totally possible a Wael godlike has a bajillion eyes, and another has no eyes, and another looks completely different.

• Like 2

I think that Wael godlike won't have eyes at all. The whole world for them would be a mystery then! The eyes could appear on them during spell casting for example. 

Eyes on palms sounds good for them too. They can cognize the world in any manner they want.

Another interesting way for them - to have a cloud of eyes instead of head.

For Abydon I see rather strait way - some parts of the body would be made from metal (or would be like metal weapons). 

• Like 1

I think that Wael godlike won't have eyes at all. The whole world for them would be a mystery then! The eyes could appear on them during spell casting for example. 

Eyes on palms sounds good for them too. They can cognize the world in any manner they want.

For Abydon I see rather strait way - some parts of the body would be made from metal (or would be like metal weapons). 

If we're talking about something like this dude, then they probably have a death rate close to Skaen godlikes.the_pale_man_pans_labyrinth_monster_blin

(Pan's Labyrinth Dude)

Edited by Epixia
  • Like 2

If we're talking about something like this dude, then they probably have a death rate close to Skaen godlikes.the_pale_man_pans_labyrinth_monster_blin

(Pan's Labyrinth Dude)

I thought about someone like Ashiok from MTG - EN_Ashiok_1_Gallery.jpg
Edited by Mislas