Hey guys, I just made a new priest subclass, Priest of Abydon, hope you enjoy :)

Description: God of golems, machines, industry, strength, hope, and aspiration. Favored most commonly upon the laboring class. "The Golem" is thought to have once been able to take a human-resembling form as most of the other gods are, but then been somehow killed, only to forge himself back into existence inside the shell of an immense golem. Various accounts of his death exist, and none is considered definitive.

(Favored dispositions: honest and stoic, disfavored dispositions: deceptive and clever)

The priest gains spells that correspond to Abydon when they reach a new power level.

Spells and Abilities gained:

1. Flames of the White Forge: Adds burn damage to attack, identical to Flames of Devotion skill, but with white flames fx
  2. Blade of the White Forge: Summons a white simmering blade made of Durgan steel. Scales similarly to spiritual weapon and has the effect "Quickness", which reduces recovery time of attacks. (similar to the "Last Blade of the White Forge" from POEI)
  3. Twin stones: the hammer of Abydon could send shockwaves across the earth
  4. Ironskin: known as the god of constructs, Abydon rebuilt himself into a being made of metal
  5. Calling the World's Maw
  6. Embrace the Earth's Tallon
  7. Rusted Armor: Corrode poorly forged armor
  8. Unbreakable: Rebuild yourself as Abydon once did
  9. Artifacts of the Pargrunen: Fabricate weapons and a breastplate out of thin air (similar to "Citzal's Enchanted Armory"), Incarnate/ Weapons of the white forge: Expend a substatial amount of energy to summon many weapons of the Pargrunen, applies similar debuff to incarnate (-5 power levels for ~30secs), spell is similar to "They Did Sing a Song of Carnage, Fair"

XuDGQVu.png

The Golem Reconstructed

You can download here:

https://www.nexusmods.com/pillarsofeternity2/mods/150/?tab=description

Thanks to everyone who discussed the subclass in the Class and Subclass Ideas Forum! Helped me improve my concept for the Abydon priest.

Edited by NocturnalTrance
  • Like 4

"People fear, not death, but having life taken from them. Many waste the life given to them, occupying themselves with things that do not matter. When the end comes, they say they did not have time enough to spend with loved ones, to fulfill dreams, to go on adventures they only talked about... But why should you fear death if you are happy with the life you have led, if you can look back on everything and say, 'Yes, I am content. It is enough.'" ~Wynne, Dragon age Origins

I would have to improve in modding the game, making completely new abilties with new effects is still a little out of my reach :p. First time I coded, in my life, was yesterday when I started making this mod. For now I really like the level 9 and 8 abilities I put in place to substitute Incarnate(Weapons of the White Forge), level 9 deity(Artifacts of the Pargrunen) and level 8 (unbreakable), they really fit thematically for a forge domain priest. Priest of Hylea coming soon! :3

"People fear, not death, but having life taken from them. Many waste the life given to them, occupying themselves with things that do not matter. When the end comes, they say they did not have time enough to spend with loved ones, to fulfill dreams, to go on adventures they only talked about... But why should you fear death if you are happy with the life you have led, if you can look back on everything and say, 'Yes, I am content. It is enough.'" ~Wynne, Dragon age Origins

This is very cool, but I'm a little puzzled to see Unbreakable. Is it still a passive, or is it cast as a spell?

It is a passive, thought it matched Abydon's revival theme. I playtested it a little and it works well with the defensive like playstyle of the Abydon priest. Of course any advice towards making other abilties that could fit that spot are welcome :)

This is very cool, but I'm a little puzzled to see Unbreakable. Is it still a passive, or is it cast as a spell?

It is a passive, thought it matched Abydon's revival theme. I playtested it a little and it works well with the defensive like playstyle of the Abydon priest. Of course any advice towards making other abilties that could fit that spot are welcome :)

Yeah, I agree that it's fitting, it's just a departure from the norm. But I dunno what would replace it, barring an actual new spell.

• Like 1

If I'm typing in red, it means I'm being sarcastic. But not this time.

Dark green, on the other hand, is for jokes and irony in general.

New effects for Weapons of the White forge!

Also Italian translation is up! Credits to @kilay

• Like 1