Short: POTD, direct route to Gorecci street after clearing the beach. No spending gold (except crafting), no free bonuses, no cheese.

BIG HEAD MODE MANDATORY!

Complex rules:

- POTD , upscaling only

- NO BLESSINGS! NO DLC items / Collectors Edition / Console command pets (only the astral pig is okay for roleplaying reasons!).

- benevolent backstory! but DO NOT USE HYLEAS BOUNTY!

- pick up Eder and Xoti whenever you like! 

- (allowed to) full clear everything on the beach! (including the cave)

- Stay on the route to port maje, you are only allowed to take what you can see from the road (ale and fresh fruit)

- NO TALKING to anyone that isnt on the beach OR directly related to the gorecci quest (i.e. the woman in the prison who gives you the quest).

- You are allowed to LOOT everything u can in the main area of port maje (i didnt go into the tavern or into the mayors house) but DO NOT TALK TO ANYONE THAT ISNT REQUIRED (for the things mentioned above)!

- This means NO recruiting, NO buying items! ONLY LOOT (+crafting!)!

- You HAVE to hard engage the entire group at the well! (NO pulling half of them! NO kiting around walls!) You may stealth into position / move (since they dont aggro right away)

Screen of the difficulty:

https://ibb.co/krBAwo

^This puts you at level 2 with some drugs,pots and food.

FINISHED WITH:

Moon Godlike Kind Wayfarers Paladin+Drug Monk multiclass (named Gorecci), Xoti monk/priest , Eder fighter

https://ibb.co/dH312T

Finished Fight:

https://ibb.co/dDsYGo

So the setup i used was around the wizard who just HAS to die instantly, in fact i HAD to hit the first knockdown as well since his 1 cast is jolting touch which just fks you up.

Setup:

https://ibb.co/mES0wo

On my first try i got an insane roll as well

https://ibb.co/eeNuNT

hitting for 49 damage but still ended up dying because the fighters ended up blocking the way down and that ONE bloody archer just deleted me...

Eder got instagibbed on my 2nd try but thanks to his op armor passive i got to push thru AND

Got past the fighters while taking only a few disengage attacks and the archer

https://ibb.co/hSJqwo

Still almost fked up my main character in 2 hits

https://ibb.co/htjkU8

But after the archer was dead and my party was still pretty alive it was just easy cleanup as seen on top.

https://ibb.co/dDsYGo

Items used: 

Ripple sponge (crafted) was the mvp imo. +15%dmg -5% speed drug on eder, the interrupt drug on xoti though i didnt see any interrupts and would probably have prefered svef.

A bunch of pots (like 3 in a row on xoti while she was solo tanking the 2 fighters while my other 2 chars were dealing with the last archer). and then some

Stun bombs (20% chance to hit on 4 ppl gave me like 1 graze/hit each of the 2 times i used them. Probably not using those again...

Food: Grog on MC and fresh fruit on xoti and eder

TAKE THE CHALLENGE AND SHARE YOUR EXPERIENCE/BUILD  :)

GIT GUD  :)

Edited by Zelse
  • Like 3

This is a NO-SPOILERS forum. We do have spoiler forums for this sort of thing. Please don't spoil it for those of us who are holding off playing. Thank you.

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

This is a NO-SPOILERS forum. We do have spoiler forums for this sort of thing. Please don't spoil it for those of us who are holding off playing. Thank you.

I expect to see you post in all of the Gotecci street thread on this board complaining of this issue.

Go ahead, I'll wait.

So did you just fight the people at the house??? When ever i try and attack anyone all of them attack from all over the map. On PotD I just sneak past from the south and give the guy his 40 copper... that fight is just way to hard on PotD.

The only other really hard fight in the game was the vampire cave 

So did you just fight the people at the house??? When ever i try and attack anyone all of them attack from all over the map. On PotD I just sneak past from the south and give the guy his 40 copper... that fight is just way to hard on PotD.

The only other really hard fight in the game was the vampire cave 

Check the screenshots :) I aggrod every guy around the well. Like 7 dudes in total i think?! (looting 6 + 1 guy on the left in one of the images) Just as it normally happens when you pass thru the open area right where you enter the map (regardless of north or south) I got a few more ideas how to do it, might get around to it this weekend. The fight is really hard for sure especially under these conditions.

@spoilerinos.. well now you know immediately at the start of the game there is a street called gorecci and a town called port maje and a beach. Game basically ruined. Time to uninstall?

If mods feel like this is indeed an actual spoiler (which it really isnt) feel free to move it to the strategy forum part. I used this one because its much more active than the others and i pretty much just focused on the challenge itself, nothing else.

Edited by Zelse
  • Like 1

Gorecci Street PotD on level 1? Easy. Avoiding the spoiler forum? That is the real challenge. :w00t:

Btw, I've commented on threads with spoilers before, without noticing they were not on the spoiler section. So I'm not complaining (a moderator will move the thread eventually), just making a joke. ;)

• Like 1

sign.jpg

I assume that on L1 this fight will be hard as hell, maybe street-fighter/druid can do that in bear form :D

Heh on L2 if we can use something like Explosives and Traps not so hard

Edited by mant2si

Solo PotD builds: The Glanfathan Soul Hunter (Neutral seer. Dominate and manipulate your enemies), Harbinger of Doom (Dark shaman. Burn and sacrifice, yourself and enemies for Skaen sake)

I assume that on L1 this fight will be hard as hell, maybe street-fighter/druid can do that in bear form :D

Heh on L2 if we can use something like Explosives and Traps not so hard

Do it and share your setup!

I havent tried traps at all this time around but they are there if you disarm the ones you find on the way :)

Edited by Zelse

Paladin/Ranger L2, I don't use bombs and no-one die, everything else pretty same, I prefer rogue/fighter for eder

The tactic very simple, put trap, wait until 3 archers come near it, attack with Godlike, kill archers + mage + rogue, distract last one wit lion

Without DD mod all archers die with single full attack ... 

Fight:

Equipment/Difficulty

Edited by mant2si
  • Like 3

Solo PotD builds: The Glanfathan Soul Hunter (Neutral seer. Dominate and manipulate your enemies), Harbinger of Doom (Dark shaman. Burn and sacrifice, yourself and enemies for Skaen sake)

Paladin/Ranger L2, I don't use bombs and no-one die, everything else pretty same, I prefer rogue/fighter for eder

The tactic very simple, put trap, wait until 3 archers come near it, attack with Godlike, kill archers + mage + rogue, distract last one wit lion

Fight:

Equipment/Difficulty

And it still all hinged on them missing xoti with crippling strike at the start sheeeeeeeeeesh

• Like 2

Very nice! Dat stealth pull is next level and the sickened is huge for aoe -5 con.

I thought goldpact and/or pets might work very well too because +4 armor early on is so crazy and having more targets to split incoming dps is obviously great. Wanted to try it with skeletons tho since they should be pierce immune (and a bunch of skeles with big head mode should look hillarious  :o )

Good stuff!

Edited by Zelse

And it still all hinged on them missing xoti with crippling strike at the start sheeeeeeeeeesh

Yep, I incorrectly managed aggro, they should aggro on my godlike, but I used lighting strike to early :) I done this fight 2 time, one before recording and one with, with same strategy

Very nice! Dat stealth pull is next level and the sickened is huge for aoe -5 con.

I thought goldpact and/or pets might work very well too because +4 armor early on is so crazy and having more targets to split incoming dps is obviously great. Wanted to try it with skeletons tho since they should be pierce immune (and a bunch of skeles with big head mode should look hillarious  :o )

Good stuff!

+4 Armor is really good, but they didn't aggro on me :D I'm not sure about skeletons because bows has 2 damage type and only Arquebuse has pierce. You can try Druid/Paladin this class can stack 12 - 16 armor and cast empowered corrode AOE spell

Edited by mant2si

I'm not sure about skeletons because bows has 2 damage type and only Arquebuse has pierce.

omg youre right i totally forgot about that!

I really just want 5/6 tiny skeletons with huge heads on screen D:

Edited by Zelse

Just did a second run with Orlan Berath Priest+transmuter wizard.

Character:

Initially i wanted to cast hold on the guy who is blocking the ramp down when you arrive and kill the group below while he is blocking everyone else. Unfortunately that failed horribly because the guys on top can actually shoot/cast much further than the game even allows you to see. In addition to that the hold got overwritten by some weird "dexterity" note at one point even though he didnt have any dextery inspirations from what i was able to tell. Was really weird.

Sooo i just ended up brute forcing the encounter with:

2Touch of rot+1Chill fog+large shield modal

The large shield modal is actually pretty crazy. It reduces incoming ranged damage by a flat 50% which made it a lot easier and i didnt even have to use health pots this time around. The priest innate aoe heal helped though! On that note Here is a picture of a large headed ogre magi praying to the blood god!

I also equipped xotis sickle in addition to the large shield for a whopping combined +15 deflect and used basically the same drugs as in my first run. Ripple sponge is amazing. Didnt use anything else besides food and drugs.

Finished fight (with blood explosion :o ) :

Difficulty:
(ogre + blood explosion top left of screen)

The ogre form itself is still meh tho. But it looks pretty cool :p

Time to try it at level 1.
Edited by Zelse

If you have enough LUCK you can try to do it SOLO, take Druid/Wizard, go from another map side, put trap, pull everyone, EMPOWER Chill Fog, Cast shield, goto Bear form, cast Touch of rot, if you kill all archers/mage/rogue run to corner where only single fighter can attack you, take DW daggers or Single & Brigantine & Xoti Shield potion, kill them 

1 x Empower AOE
2 x Normal AOE
3 x Health wave if you picked moon godlike
1 x Amulet that reduce incoming damage by additional 25%

14 - Armor

You also need drug that increase your accuracy :D You can also kill Eder to loot his armor, but then you lose x3 health potions

Edited by mant2si

no cheese.

You HAVE to hard engage the entire group at the well! (NO pulling half of them! NO kiting around walls!) 

If you have enough LUCK you can try to do it SOLO, take Druid/Wizard, go from another map side, put trap, pull everyone, EMPOWER Chill Fog, Cast shield, goto Bear form, cast Touch of rot, if you kill all archers/mage/rogue run to corner where only single fighter can attack you, take DW daggers or Single & Brigantine & Xoti Shield potion, kill them 

1 x Empower AOE

2 x Normal AOE

3 x Health wave if you picked moon godlike

1 x Amulet that reduce incoming damage by additional 25%

14 - Armor

You also need drug that increase your accuracy :D You can also kill Eder to loot his armor

Try it!

But no cheese. So open with empowered touch of rot -> aumau and run away or "escape" and run away is a nono ;)

i.e. no running away in general you have to hard engage^ 

I dont think its possible solo at level 1 with these rules but feel free to prove me wrong! 14 armor with bear + wizard self buff + potion sounds great but i dont think its going to be enough.

Edit2: nevermind missed the shield potion

If you could use a large shield with modal on top of getting more than 12armor then maybe there could be a chance *thinking*

For the trap you could use "Thiefs putty" which is in the box if you save it instead of chitupec. That gives +2mechanics. You still only get 1 trap per character tho.

They also interrupt on crit? some hits? not sure.. You still probably die in stunlock after the pull, at that point it doesnt really matter how much damage they do.

Edit3: If you actually DO manage it, make the fight + character showcase/difficulty as one full video ;)

Edited by Zelse

I will upload video, don't worry :D I tested it and on normal PotD you need only enough luck, because fighter has very high fortitude :D

Edited by mant2si
  • Like 1

Huh, I can't repeated my achievement  xD Maybe today is not my day or maybe I done it with attributes blessing ? I tried at least x20 times and don't want to spend more time on gambling.  But I prepared video to show you what I mean by good LUCK. I forgot to show my difficulty screen, but you can just compare enemy defenses with yours

https://youtu.be/bynCauTF_TA

Edited by mant2si