Could a Godlike Be a Covert Operative?

Bit of a weird ask, but I had this idea (At 2:00 in the morning, because that's obviously when all the best ideas happen) for a Spellblade character with ties to the Rauatai Navy, because I've heard their story is actually really interesting, and I tend to like military intrigue and stuff. He'd be of Rauatai culture, and essentially a spy of sorts, who was originally sent to the Dyrwood to gather information, but eventually fell into the nonsense there and used his position to leverage influence for his people. Now that he's more of a free agent, he's attempting to reconnect with his homeland, and establish connections with the RDC in order to best achieve this. 

Now... I really want to play a Godlike of some sort, in order to have access to all of the unique dialogues/story behind them, because I hear that they have a big role to play in Deadfire. But then there's the idea of a Godlike, this -very- visually distinct individual with horns, green skin, and the like blending in and serving as a spy, and there's this disconnect there. 

So... Is it too far-fetched of an idea to work? I can definitely think of a few ways it could; preying on the more zealous sorts in Twin Elms for instance, or going for something of a 'hiding in plain sight' approach. I've also considered that, since Godlikes can be born OR created, it might be that Berath, in order to 'Strengthen' their Herald, brought my Watcher back as a Death Godlike. Or Galawain/Ondra/Magran could have had some influence depending on the choices I made in the first game. And then no one else comments on it because... politeness, I guess? "Well gee, Watcher. You certainly have a lot of facial tumors now." 

• Like 1

I don't see why not. There are different types of covert operatives - Pallegina, for instance, is effectively a diplomatic security/special forces attache. Your godlike spy is never going to be invisible, but that doesn't mean people will know what they're up to or who they're working for.

• Like 2

If I'm typing in red, it means I'm being sarcastic. But not this time.

Dark green, on the other hand, is for jokes and irony in general.