Yeah, how's it going?

Just wondering whether performance has improved at all with patches? For the most part the game was ok when I was playing it, but I do remember areas where frames would drop. Busy battles, large districts, ect.,ect. I played the game when it came out, haven't been in touch since.

IP5ok2U.png

m0x5eY5.pngtBxm170.png

I had big problems in

-Sacred Stair

-Hanging Sepulcher

-Delver's Row

-Undercroft

-That Eoten/Xaurip dungeon near Neketaka

-ship fights, and the ship exterior generally

Everything else was ok, bar a couple of areas I didn't take notes of and a few spell effects like Chill Fog. Oh and blowing up barrels. But I'm using a low-end machine, and overall I think the game performs fairly well, probably better than the first

Oh yeah. Comparing it to the first, PoE2 is miles ahead in terms of performance. Still, considering where it is now I thought that performance would be quite good. Alas, there still are a few areas where it loses frames.

I rememeber those sepulchers in Nekataka being one of the places. 

IP5ok2U.png

m0x5eY5.pngtBxm170.png

Guest Psychovampiric Shield

I can not say I noticed improvement. Some effects like water, flames, mist,  be they from spells or not, readily kill framerate and I doubt something can/will be done about it unless they replace them with optional low-quality versions altogether.

Sepulchers are fine, imo, until Risen Mages cast wall of fire on top of tentacles, then they suck, but then again, the main culprit is that fire effect. In similar vein, if they removed fires from Sacred Stairs, I bet framerate would improve markedly.