So people were curious about the sales for various games

Due to the steam link we now know (as of July 1st) the total players on steam.

Obsidian Games

FNV - 5.2m / 690k (listed twice)

Southpark Stick of Truth - 2.5m

Pillars - 1.2m 

Dungeon Siege 3 - 638k

Pillars 2 - 203k 

Tyranny - 562k

Similar Games

D:OS - (Classic 1.2m, Enhanced 1.5m)

D:OS 2 - 1.68m

Wasteland 2 - 626k

TToN - 206k

BG: EE - 745k

BG II: EE 420k

SR: Dragonfall - 530k

SR: HK - 268k

BattleTech - 289k

Banner Saga I/II - 747k, 154k

I just thought this information was interesting.

Edited by anameforobsidian
  • Like 1

F:NV crushing the competition, it seems.

Lots of peeps seem to have missed out on BG2, at least the EE version (imagine the numbers, if the old BG1+2 were counted).

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

It's also noteworthy that those sales only include people who have actually played the games. So if someone has the game on his/her backlog it doesn't show up there.

Tyranny has sold pretty well after all. Makes you wonder if Paradox and Obsidian would be open to a sequel to finish up the story.

Hate the living, love the dead.

Steam comment. 

Who cares about the sales? just be greatful that such an amazing game exists. If we are greatful for the game then there will be a PoE 3. The kickstarter was so successful for this game, there will be a 3. Likely a kickstarter as well. I cant wait to throw tons of money at obsidian again. This one certainly delivered and strengthened my trust with obsidian for making games. They havent sold out yet, despite people complaining about their games. I admire Obsidians endurance, love every game they made, and hope to love every game they make in the future. The video game industry would be so much better if other devs made games they want instead of listening to random people. Sadly the money isnt there for that ideology. A game now a days gets payed for being generic and repeating the same mechanics as other games. Dont listen to anyone but yourselves Obsidian. thank you!!!

^Agree. Thanks a lot . Waiting PoEIII

Edited by White.Kelevra
  • Like 3

Steam comment. 

Who cares about the sales? just be greatful that such an amazing game exists. If we are greatful for the game then there will be a PoE 3. The kickstarter was so successful for this game, there will be a 3. Likely a kickstarter as well. I cant wait to throw tons of money at obsidian again. This one certainly delivered and strengthened my trust with obsidian for making games. They havent sold out yet, despite people complaining about their games. I admire Obsidians endurance, love every game they made, and hope to love every game they make in the future. The video game industry would be so much better if other devs made games they want instead of listening to random people. Sadly the money isnt there for that ideology. A game now a days gets payed for being generic and repeating the same mechanics as other games. Dont listen to anyone but yourselves Obsidian. thank you!!!

^Agree. Thanks a lot . Waiting PoEIII

Lovely sentiment you found. I hope Obsidian always keeps some iso-crpg in the pipeline with one of their teams going forward. It's a great niche genre and Obsidian absolutely rocks it out of the park. As long as they continue to deliver, I'll continue to support them, I think these games are an important facet to the video game landscape.

• Like 2

It's also noteworthy that those sales only include people who have actually played the games. So if someone has the game on his/her backlog it doesn't show up there.

Tyranny has sold pretty well after all. Makes you wonder if Paradox and Obsidian would be open to a sequel to finish up the story.

Also, many of these games have sold very well on other outlets besides Steam such as GOG, and in the cases of BG/2 EE their own in-house launcher system. Beamdog has mentioned that BG1EE has sold well over a million copies total.