I played through this interesting game the first time on Classic difficulty (with scaling off) and found it a bit uneven but with enough challenge to keep me interested and learning. Then I came up against the Guardian of Ukaizo and found it overwhelming at my level of 16. I might have been able to handle him on the Relaxed level with scaling on, but I was pretty tired of the effort before I decided to turn it down, so I wound up besting him on the lowest difficulty level and moving on.

Micromanaging each second of combat for the five different toons may appeal to some, but I would favor making the difficulty scale more gradually rather than such a giant leap at the end. Perhaps my experience is atypical?

It's the final boss, and to be honest the only boss in the game who actually has decent mechanics implemented. Of course he will be hard.

Also level 16 is too low, get to 20, then try again.

There is no fight in this game that cannot be done with AI scripts, assuming both your team and those scripts are optimized. You don't HAVE to micromanage anything if you don't want to (I only micro my main and only because he's a Wizard).

I played through this interesting game the first time on Classic difficulty (with scaling off) and found it a bit uneven but with enough challenge to keep me interested and learning. Then I came up against the Guardian of Ukaizo and found it overwhelming at my level of 16. I might have been able to handle him on the Relaxed level with scaling on, but I was pretty tired of the effort before I decided to turn it down, so I wound up besting him on the lowest difficulty level and moving on.

Micromanaging each second of combat for the five different toons may appeal to some, but I would favor making the difficulty scale more gradually rather than such a giant leap at the end. Perhaps my experience is atypical?

Then play solo. Not much micro anymore xd

Unfortunately they can't make that battle's difficulty scale gradually. Since this is an open world game, players can choose to do this battle at levels 14-20. If they scale the battle's difficulty down, then players will be able to win it at level 14 which will be ridiculous since this is the final battle. This is just meant to be the game's grandest challenge.

Micromanaging is a choice. I enjoyed the tactics system (though I have seen much better ones) and I didn’t have to click anything but basic movement during that fight. So the tools definitely exist to elimate almost all micro.

• Like 2

My first try was at level 17 and it was indeed too tough (satisfyingly so for an end-game boss)  - level 20 and it was about right.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Casts Nature's Terror* :aiee: , *Casts Firebug* :fdevil: , *Casts Rot-Skulls* :skull: , *Casts Garden of Life* :luck: *Spirit-shifts to cat form* :cat:

"Deploy SPOILERS; prepare to ruin game for everybody."

"Aye, Captain." :woot:

Agreed, this is the NO SPOILER sub forum, if you wanna talk about combat difficulty or strategy you can post here instead: https://forums.obsidian.net/forum/125-pillars-of-eternity-ii-deadfire-characters-builds-strategies-the-unity-engine-spoiler-warning/ 

Edited by dunehunter