[Poll] How long was your first playthrough?

62 members have voted

1. 1. How long was your first playthrough?

• 0-10h (Hey, speedrunner!)
    • 11-20h
    • 21-30h
    • 31-40h
    • 41-50h
    • 51-60h
    • 61-70h
    • 71-80h
    • 81-90h
    • 91-100h
    • 101-110h
    • 111-120h
    • 121-130h
    • 131-140h
    • 141+ h (Gratz on all the great fun, slowpoke!]

I'm curious: How long was your first playthrough?

I'm pretty much a completionist when doing a first run in a CRPG, so I took my time (despite extensive meta know-how from the beta).

My playthrough landed on 91h, if I discount 2h I had to replay in two instances because of bugs.

• Like 3

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

I voted but why on earth is this poll of any concern to anyone?

The only way to get an accurate sum/average is the spyware in the software. We really don't know if peopm e are even telling the truth. Why would they lie? Plenty of reasons. And the very small amount of people who actually vote don't soeak for the majority so there's that.

The only answer I can give you that this is just for fun, maybe I wanted to see if I was normal and if someone else took ad much time to complete the game as I did.

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

I'll wager my playthrough will be quite slow and thorough, once the game looks finished enough (maybe after the second DLC?). But I can't see there ever being another playthrough, so the question is a bit funny, in my view.

Heh, you'll never know, after rebalancing, patches, DLCs, and sweet time, and you'll almost have a new game, like it was for me with PoE1 + WM1+2.

@All. The first playthrough is always almost the one you put your real RP effort into, and for many the only one, so I was just curious, that's all.

Peace!

• Like 1

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

A completionist PotD playthrough took me about 65 hours, scoured everything, killed everything, finished every quest except for companion's I didn't have in party (3 in total).

Plus I spent around 15 hours in char creation screen and another 5 or so fiddling with console.

Edited by Queeg
  • Like 1

If my post hasn't been edited yet, I'm still looking to find the error I made typing it.

Not counting the first one that ended in minutes ( ;) ), I spent about 70 hours - didn't do everything though (left a lot of faction quests for next time, when I plan to support different factions).   I also left a couple of unexplored islands as I figured the DLC is coming and I'll be dipping back into the same character a few times.

• Like 2

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Casts Nature's Terror* :aiee: , *Casts Firebug* :fdevil: , *Casts Rot-Skulls* :skull: , *Casts Garden of Life* :luck: *Spirit-shifts to cat form* :cat:

I did 124 or something. I remade my character once shortly after I started and reloaded to try different branches of some of the conversations, and did most but not everything.

The biggest loss of time was probably when I grinded through the old city to help the dude stuck there just to find out that I discovered the smuggler area too soon, so that everyone agro'd and every time I had to kill one I lost rep I didn't want to lose. So I had to reload way way back to not find the guy stuck in Old City.

164 hours. But I did eeeeverything, including reloading entire conversation trees just to see what they say.

I did everything in 58 hours (and got accused of being a troll when I told people :getlost: ).

Well, you're probably trolling those people. ;) If they got upset.

74 hours according to steam.

I restarted my first character (cipher/rogue) after arriving in Neketaka and made a rogue instead.

I skipped a lot of unknown isles and potential quests late game, my character felt too strong already to bother with minor tasks.

I would like to start a new character and explore more naval warfare and exploration, but this can wait till the balancing improves further and a few content DLC are available.

70 hours according to Steam. Veteran difficulty. I didn't hit the level cap interestingly, only managed level 19, but could have easily gone to Ukaizo several levels earlier. The faction quests and interplay in Neketaka were probably the better parts of the game for me; especially the atmosphere and writing in the Gullet and some of the early quests there. I didn't particularly enjoy the main quest that much unfortunately, nor too many of the new companions. I missed the likes of Durance and Grieving Mother for sure!  

I won't be touching the game again until all of the tweaking is done on Path of the Damned and all of the DLC are out. Make it hard, Obsidian!