[1.2][linux] black screen on start

virgi26

Question

Hi,

I'm getting black screen when starting the game. Nothing displayed, no messages, no errors, no nothing.

It was working perfectly fine before 1.2 =(

I'm on opensuse42.3 with nvidia 1080

No output.log generated

Edited by virgi26

5 answers to this question

I had the same bug after 1.2 patch. After two days of my investigation i manage to fix it. 

U need to delete(or move) folder "Pillars of Eternity II" from "\Users\Username\AppData\LocalLow\Obsidian Entertainment". I have no idea where it can be on linux but i hope that you will find it. 

After this, game should create new folder on startup. I dont know why, but now it's working fine for me.  

• Like 2

I had the same bug after 1.2 patch. After two days of my investigation i manage to fix it. 

U need to delete(or move) folder "Pillars of Eternity II" from "\Users\Username\AppData\LocalLow\Obsidian Entertainment". I have no idea where it can be on linux but i hope that you will find it. 

After this, game should create new folder on startup. I dont know why, but now it's working fine for me.  

can't find anything similar on linux=( only separate folder with save games

Guest Psychovampiric Shield

It is probably ~/.config/unity3d/Obsidian\ Entertainment/Pillars\ of\ Eternity\ II/ on Linux. Saves should be in ~/.local/share/PillarsOfEternityII/SavedGames/, make sure which is which before deleting (or just rename).

May be of interest: https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/97385-linux-unable-to-start-game-hangs-on-black-screen/

Edited by Psychovampiric Shield

It is probably ~/.config/unity3d/Obsidian\ Entertainment/Pillars\ of\ Eternity\ II/ on Linux. Saves should be in ~/.local/share/PillarsOfEternityII/SavedGames/, make sure which is which before deleting (or just rename).

May be of interest: https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/97385-linux-unable-to-start-game-hangs-on-black-screen/

oh nice!!!

deleting .config/unity3d/Obsidian Entertainment/Pillars of Eternity II didn't help, but that link did!!!

I can start the game with "MESA_GL_VERSION_OVERRIDE=4.5 MESA_GLSL_VERSION_OVERRIDE=450 LD_PRELOAD=PillarsOfEternityII_Data/Plugins/x86_64/libSDL2-2.0.so DRI_PRIME=1 ./PillarsOfEternityII"

I wonder, why is it only happening with 1.2. Previous versions were ok