Family Pride - Impossible Peace

tacco

Question

I cannot get a peaceful resolution to the quest Family Pride. I got both families to agree to a peaceful meeting but when I enter the Valero house the vault attack starts without any chance to get a peaceful meeting. Is this intended or an inconsistency?

savegame:

https://mega.nz/#!ERoQlaRZ!0fGAZvZOwJUhX-T0ecmxEA3l7ZbVdjVtjfZHZXK9CMg

Edited by tacco

5 answers to this question

As soon as the vault heist is on Valeri will ask you to bail their ppl out the vault, at this point you can a)reject Valeri quest that will force you to wipe em all out; b)accept the offer and wipe Bardattos out.

Edited by AttonRand

I don't think this is a bug of any kind, just quest scripting choices.  I was able to get a peaceful resolution once I got the Bardotos & Velaras to meet through conversation choices.  But to get them all to the meeting, I had to fail another quest.  That quest was the one from the Bardatos to investigate a plot, which was about the vault (forget that quests name).  Once I discovered the truth about the vault quest, instead of reporting it to the Bardatos, I set up the meeting, which as I said was successful, but caused the other quest to fail.

Didn't really like failing that other quest, but I preferred to have peace between the familys.  There may be other ways, but that worked for me.

It is kinda weird since you can choose all the peaceful options and still get blocked out of the peaceful resolution?

And as far as I can see, the penalty for killing one of the two houses is quite severe

(A companion leaves you.)

Where is the spoiler button?