Ship Merchant DLC - The Deck Of Many Things - Topic

Adam said in the video update that it'll drop along with Patch 2.0, which was said during the QA stream to drop day and date with Beast of Winter.

Last week of July is when I'd expect it to land.

Looking forward to see whether the ship sells new unique items. We need a red armor—and not a blood-stained mail armor, mind you, I mean a badass armor Sanguine-plate-style (with a matching helm for cool factor) ;)

Edited by AndreaColombo
  • Like 8

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Adam said in the video update that it'll drop along with Patch 2.0, which was said during the QA stream to drop day and date with Beast of Winter.

Last week of July is when I'd expect it to land.

Looking forward to see whether the ship sells new unique items. We need a red armor—and not a blood-stained mail armor, mind you, I mean a badass armor Sanguine-plate-style (with a matching helm for cool factor) ;)

Also a unique watershaper skirt for Tekehu is definitely needed. Edited by Gary1986
  • Like 2

I keep hoping they'll make Xoti's, Serafen's, and Tekehu's starting outfit into unique items with their own unique enchanting paths. They look too good on them to change them (Serafen's being the one I can let go of the easiest), and I like to keep companions in their signature looks.

• Like 13

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

I keep hoping they'll make Xoti's, Serafen's, and Tekehu's starting outfit into unique items with their own unique enchanting paths. They look too good on them to change them (Serafen's being the one I can let go of the easiest), and I like to keep companions in their signature looks.

I've done some experimenting and I've got each looking ok. Xoti  looks good in Exceptional breastplates and the regeneration leather. Tekehu really needs Huana armor, which effectively means reckless brigandine. Serafen rocks the chainmail from the buried treasure. YMMV. 

I miss my sanguine plate, too. 

• Like 2

Magran's fire casts light in Dark Places...

I liked Tekehu in the Miscreant’s Leathers, Xoti in the buries treasure’s mail, and Serafen in another unique black leather whose name defies me. But Xoti in particular really looks best in her starting outfit IMO.

• Like 1

Agreed,I wish they can add unique slot for our companion,buy a new tobacco pipe for Eder.

I may have missed something, but I do not remember where the "Ship Merchant" part was mentioned, only the "Deck of Many Things" bit. Does anyone have a source where this is mentioned?

https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/103393-update-51-patch-12

"What's Next?

The developers are still hard at work to bring continuous improvements, features, and content to the Deadfire - stay tuned in July for new challenge modes, a new free merchant-ship DLC, and our first expansive DLC, the "Beast of Winter". More news on them in the coming weeks!"

Edited by Gary1986