Gorecci Street is the hardest fight in the game.

No other fight compares. Unless you just cheese it.

1. Slog Zone

2. Limited Equipment

3. Limited Skills

4. High Burst Damage

5. Target Swapping

6. Escape + Targeting Softer Party Members

7. Regeneration

The damage the NPCs put out at levels 1-4 here are insane. The lower your level the more insane it gets. Most characters start with nearly 50 health. A single arquebus shot will most definitely hit you for about 30 damage on the lower end. In this level range you simply change how many hits you can take before being knocked out. Which is about 2-4 hits in total. The penetration value is 13 because they use their crippling strike. I think there's 1 wizard, 3 ranged, 3 melee npcs. The accuracy, deflection, and all other saving throws are incredibly high. The damage of the hunting bows is also incredibly high. At least there's a chance to reduce the damage you take from those.

Anyway, if you can take this fight head on no other fight in the game will stand much of a chance.

The end game is simply gorecci street.

I dunno, maybe on PotD or while soloing, but I've been replaying on Veteran and I didn't think it was all that hard compared to other stuff. I was level 3 when I tackled it with Eder and Xoti, and it was tough, sure, but I didn't wipe or need to use my consumables or anything. I definitely would've had a bad time of it if I hadn't used stealth for pre-combat positioning, but in general I thought several of the Engwithan dig site fights were harder.

If I'm typing in red, it means I'm being sarcastic. But not this time.

Dark green, on the other hand, is for jokes and irony in general.

I'd love to see it touched on as dialogue in one of the expansions.  

EX:
P1: "They're led by this guy Kaneho. I'd ask nicely if I were you. He doesn't mess around."

P2: "I heard he grew up on Gorecci Street." 

Audible gasps

P1: "That... That can't be right. But ekera, watch yourself, watcher."

Edited by Parasol_Syndicate
  • Like 7

Magran's fire casts light in Dark Places...

Did they overhaul this in 1.2? Hardest fight has to be the ambush after you free the dancer on Dunnage.

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

Ah, now I remember the other hard fight! The bounty from Dessiral that takes place on the Sacred Stairs in Neketaka. I came back to it twice before I was strong enough to do enough damage to counter the constructs' self healing. Plus, as soon as I thought it was safe to cast an AOE spell, some local would walk through it and all of a sudden I am fighting local guards.

I am pretty sure this was the fight I restarted the most.

Joe

• Like 1

When I did this and the Dig site on PotD I had hired two adventurers and didn't have an issue with it.

Careful there. Someone might complain about that being unbalanced and then we won't be able to hire any mercs until AFTER Port Maje.

Joe

• Like 2

It's not THAT hard of a fight, even on PotD, if one splits the encounter into three separate fights.

Details spoilered:

As has already been mentioned. start the fight from the south by either sneaking past them from the north or entering the zone from outside the town.

Pick off the folks looting the body near the south end.  One can fight them without their friends joining in, especially if you attract the attention one of the looters that you want to fight to get them to move toward you.  Then sneak back to the north or approach the zone from the north.  If one starts the fight with the sorcerer and his friend, only they will fight as their buddies just out of sight.

Then once the sorcerer and his friend are dealt with, pick off the remaining looters and then stroll on over to finish off the quest.

Just good ol' reliable split-pull tactics at work.  :thumbsup:  

• Like 1

I agree with OP. I finished the pretty much the entire POTD content post 1.1 and never actually gave up except Gorecci street thugs in open square around the well. Splintered reef was a vacation compared to these guys ^_-

Did the entire early game only with eder, MC , xoti and tbh the drake+boars were surprisingly easy after knowing they are coming.

But the first square in Gorecci street is legit impossible. There is probably a way to cheese it by pulling them all behind a wall or sth but if you try to just walk up to them and fight them you just die and theres nothing u can do rly. Too many archers/gunners. Too much damage + escape. Even with good rolls not even close, always at least 2 dudes still alive when my party ended up dead.

Maybe if you stock up really hard on bombs? And some pots/drugs from the tavern? Might work out if he sells some good explosives.

But yea, if you try it right after getting to port maje and without tavern investments/cheese/free epics/pulling only half of them it might actually be impossible to do.

Anyway its quite alright as it is even if it cant be done straight up since the fight isnt mandatory to finish the quest anyway and if you really care about beating them up you can always come back after picking up aloth. Its a nice place to tryhard.

Edited by Zelse

I'd love to see it touched on as dialogue in one of the expansions.  

EX:

P1: "They're led by this guy Kaneho. I'd ask nicely if I were you. He doesn't mess around."

P2: "I heard he grew up on Gorecci Street." 

Audible gasps

P1: "That... That can't be right. But ekera, watch yourself, watcher."

Seriously now, they should add a bounty in Gorecci Street. Could use the dialogue above.

• Like 1

sign.jpg

It's not THAT hard of a fight, even on PotD, if one splits the encounter into three separate fights.

Details spoilered:

As has already been mentioned. start the fight from the south by either sneaking past them from the north or entering the zone from outside the town.

Pick off the folks looting the body near the south end.  One can fight them without their friends joining in, especially if you attract the attention one of the looters that you want to fight to get them to move toward you.  Then sneak back to the north or approach the zone from the north.  If one starts the fight with the sorcerer and his friend, only they will fight as their buddies just out of sight.

Then once the sorcerer and his friend are dealt with, pick off the remaining looters and then stroll on over to finish off the quest.

Just good ol' reliable split-pull tactics at work.  :thumbsup:  

response to spoiler

I don't know the last time you tried that tactic, but I tried it most recently and could not engage the southern most looters without the porch hillbillies joining in. I also think in my PotD playthrough almost universally enemy rangers could shoot me from outside my range of view (cloud of war? whatever it is called). I wasn't too fond of that, but dealt with it over all.

Joe

Gorecci Street should reveal a 15-level dungeon (equal or greater difficulty) that is home to a liche assassin at the bottom.

Heck, just make a separate DLC expansion, focusing on a massive civil war in a larger city called Gorecci: Street Wars

• Like 5

New DLC name: Gangs of Gorecci Street. The watcher can form his/her own gang and rise to become the new kingpin of Gorecci Street.

3 new companions

6 new endings

4 new sidekicks

New gang-based spells and abilities for all classes

New foods and recipes

20+ new unique armors, weapons and accessories

• Like 4