Class representation by companions and sidekicks

This is a count of how many companions and sidekicks in the game have any given class, in single-class and multi-class configurations, what multi-class combos appear among those characters and in how many cases, and which companions must always be a member of that class in some form (noted as "true" class members. I created this for my own reference purposes, not to make any kind of point.

Barbarians

Single-class: 2 (Serafen, Konstanten)

Multi-class only: 1 (Rekke)

Multi-classes represented: Cipher (1), Fighter (1), Chanter (1)

True barbarians: 0

Chanters

Single-class: 2 (Konstanten, Tekehu)

Multi-class only: 3 (Pallegina, Fassina, Vatnir)

Multi-classes represented: Barbarian (1), Druid (1), Paladin (1), Priest (1), Wizard (1)

True chanters: 0

Ciphers

Single-class: 2 (Serafen, Ydwin)

Multi-class only: 0

Multi-classes represented: Barbarian (1), Rogue (1)

True ciphers: 0

Druids

Single-class: 1 (Tekehu)

Multi-class only: 1 (Fassina)

Multi-classes represented: Chanter (1), Wizard (1)

True druids: 0

Fighters

Single-class: 2 (Eder, Rekke)

Multi-class only: 3 (Mirke, Aloth, Pallegina)

Multi-classes represented: Monk (2), Rogue (1), Wizard, (1), Paladin (1), Barbarian (1)

True fighters: 1 (Rekke)

Monks

Single-class: 2 (Mirke, Xoti)

Multi-class only: 1 (Rekke)

Multi-classes represented: Fighter (2), Rogue (1), Priest (1)

True monks: 1 (Mirke)

Paladins

Single-class: 1 (Pallegina)

Multi-classes represented: Chanter (1), Fighter (1)

True paladins: 1 (Pallegina)

Priests

Single-class: 2 (Vatnir, Xoti)

Multi-classes represented: Chanter (1), Monk (1), Rogue (1)

True priests: 1

Rangers

Single-class: 1 (Maia Rua)

Multi-classes represented: Rogue (1), Wizard (1)

True rangers: 1 (Maia-Rua)

Rogues

Single-class: 2 (Eder, Ydwin)

Multi-class only: 4 (Aloth, Maia Rua, Mirke, Vatnir)

Multi-classes represented: Fighter (1), Cipher (1), Wizard (1), Ranger (1), Monk (1), Priest (1)

True rogues: 0

Wizards

Single-class: 2 (Aloth, Fassina)

Multi-class only: 1 (Maia Rua)

Multi-classes represented: Fighter (1), Rogue (1), Chanter (1), Druid (1), Ranger (1)

True wizards: 2 (Aloth, Fassina)

In general, the most-represented classes are fighter, chanter, and rogue, while the least represented are paladin and ranger.

Assuming a player picks up every companion and sidekick, they will always have at least 2 wizards, 1 ranger, 1 fighter, 1 paladin, 1 priest, and 1 monk on staff.

Edited by gkathellar
  • Like 9

If I'm typing in red, it means I'm being sarcastic. But not this time.

Dark green, on the other hand, is for jokes and irony in general.

Given the requirements of faith, devotion, or an animal companion it makes sense for those classes to not see as much use. Still sad though.

Never thought Xoti made much sense as a monk (narratively). A fighter or especially a paladin multi would've been so much more interesting.

It's the same reason why Serafen isn't Cipher with every potential combination despite being a psychic, the devs wanted to make sure there was a single class option for every class with all the companions. I would have preferred Mindstalker to pure Barbarian for him but that just didn't happen.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Given the requirements of faith, devotion, or an animal companion it makes sense for those classes to not see as much use. Still sad though.

Bit odd that Fassina can be a druid, tho. >_>

Ghost Heart might work for Serafen, thinking about it.

Never thought Xoti made much sense as a monk (narratively). A fighter or especially a paladin multi would've been so much more interesting.

It's the same reason why Serafen isn't Cipher with every potential combination despite being a psychic, the devs wanted to make sure there was a single class option for every class with all the companions. I would have preferred Mindstalker to pure Barbarian for him but that just didn't happen.

I agree, barbarian doesn't really work with his whole dual pistol image. I guess berserker actually makes for a decent ranged attacker, basically giving up Carnage and focusing on inspirations, but otherwise ...

Maybe if I get better at this whole modding thing I'll do something with him. As it is, changing subclasses appears to be pretty easy, but larger adjustments to available classes seems a bit more complicated.

Edited by gkathellar

If I'm typing in red, it means I'm being sarcastic. But not this time.

Dark green, on the other hand, is for jokes and irony in general.