starting PoE1 over again or using pre built stories?

Hello good people of the Deadfire!

I just finished my first playthrough of PoE2 with an imported save from PoE1, and as I set to start my second playthrough, a big question arised: what should I do with the PoE1 story?

I don't really want to use the same PoE1 file, as this will be a completely different character (build and role play wise), and my two other save files are so old I don't remember a thing about the choices I made in them.

So I feel I have 3 options:

_I pick one of the PoE1 stories provided by Obsidian, even if they are a bit lacklustre in details, and hope for the best.

_I use the history creator of PoE2 (I heard it had some problems)

_spend another 60 hours in PoE1 to set it up for PoE2

On the one hand, spending 60 hours would give time for PoE2 to be ironed out, probably some DLC released, which is nice.

On the other hand, it's another 60 hours in a game which, after 240 hours, I feel there is nothing new to discover.

Would be glad for some insight. :)

I think there's a solid argument to go either way (sorry, I know that's not super helpful). The game has already been fixed up quite a bit, but I'm sure it still has issues,and waiting for the rest of the bugs/awkward mechanics to be ironed out or content to be added is a fair decision.

As for imported save or no, if you consistently went in a certain direction, the preset options are decent I think. I couldn't tell you if the history maker is still broken.

I don't think there are any major problems with the history creator. Go nuts.

My Deadfire mods
Out With The Good: The mod for tidying up your Deadfire combat tooltip.
Waukeen's Berth: Make all your basic purchases at Queen's Berth.
Carrying Voice: Wider chanter invocations.
Nemnok's Congregation: Lets all priests express their true faith.

Deadfire skill check catalogue right here!

I don't think there are any major problems with the history creator. Go nuts.

There was an issue in the past of Blade of the Endless Paths, and another with Devil of Caroc's ending choice. The former has been ironed out, and the latter just made/makes the Devil breastplate accessible if you sacrificed her to the Skaen pool. As is, I think the history creator's in pretty solid shape.

The only thing I'm not certain about is the big White March ending choice - as is, it only gives you the option of either reforging Abydon or destroying the Eyeless. I'm not sure if tempering is inaccessible, or if it's just lumped together with reforging for Deadfire's purposes.

• Like 3

If I'm typing in red, it means I'm being sarcastic. But not this time.

Dark green, on the other hand, is for jokes and irony in general.

Use the history creator if you don't want to play PoE again.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Does anyone know of a good in-depth guide for the History Creator and what each of the individual choices mean in PoE 2? It's been a while since PoE 1 and I would like to re-create my experience but I've forgotten what some of the choices mean (I don't remember all of the story lol) and I don't have my old save file to import.

Use the history creator if you don't want to play PoE again.

yeah this. The only reason to play POE again is if you want to. If you don't, that's what the history creator is for. There's nothing wrong with it that isn't wrong with normal save importing anyway

Does anyone know of a good in-depth guide for the History Creator and what each of the individual choices mean in PoE 2? It's been a while since PoE 1 and I would like to re-create my experience but I've forgotten what some of the choices mean (I don't remember all of the story lol) and I don't have my old save file to import.

Not that I'm aware of. Feel free to ask any specific questions you have.

If I'm typing in red, it means I'm being sarcastic. But not this time.

Dark green, on the other hand, is for jokes and irony in general.

Thanks guys, I reckon I'll go with the creator.

I feel you man, some names in the creator just don't ring any bell, so I just hope they were minor NPCs.

I keep choosing Berath's Wheel for the souls in the history creator, but when you get to that part where this is mentioned, it keeps telling me "are you the same Watcher who put the souls back in their rightful bodies?" (or something like that). The soul uniting dialogue is also bugged, and gets referenced in different ways. So yeah, I imagine other glitches too, so hopefully they fix these soon.

And also, a guide for the history creator would be great. I've searched a LOT for something, and there is NOTHING lol... The only thing I was able to use was the endings for PoE 1 and generally just googling each name from the history creator and seeing who and what it was about. But that only helps with the rp part of things. What we need is a guide for things like "choose X with devil of caroc to get this armor". Because finding out near end of game that a certain armor is not available because I chose X is quite annoying :p

• Like 1