Context Behind the Llengrath Conversation?

So, I'm working on creating a custom legacy for the character I want to play through PoE2 with as my 'main' so to speak. He's a Pale Elf knowledge plunderer, which basically means he has a thirst for information gathering and experimentation without much of an ethical compunction regarding how best to use this information. 

Now, it's been a LONG time since I've done the conversation with Llengrath in PoE1, so I'm a little in the dark about what exactly the context behind "Sharing knowledge" with her is. What I mean is, I've gathered enough from the wiki to know that Llengrath wants to prevent Concelhaut's phylactery from falling into the wrong hands, because someone could easily use it to become immortal, like he was attempting to do. I also know that Llengrath himself has achieved a sort of immortality by personally grooming a successor to pass on his title to, along with all of his knowledge. But then, I'm not really sure about the whole "Sharing knowledge" part. What knowledge is shared, does it have an effect in Deadfire, and do the two of you part on better terms? Or is it like the Adra Dragon conversation I asked about earlier (Because I know she rocks up to your meeting with her with two Bog Dragons) where it's like "I'm content that I can control you so I won't have to kill you?" 

I know a lot of people kill her because, hey, tough fight. But 

A: Roleplaying

and 

B: I was never able to, so I'd feel bad saying I did. 

The effect it has in Deadfire is Llengrath will still be part of the Circle, and you get to socialize with her a tiny tiny bit over your meeting.

My Deadfire mods
Out With The Good: The mod for tidying up your Deadfire combat tooltip.
Waukeen's Berth: Make all your basic purchases at Queen's Berth.
Carrying Voice: Wider chanter invocations.
Nemnok's Congregation: Lets all priests express their true faith.

Deadfire skill check catalogue right here!

"Sharing Knowledge" seems to be you sharing knowledge about your adventures, in exchange for some of Llengrath's general knowledge about magic, the world, etc. She also takes some of your knowledge about Concelhaut, but I have no idea how much.

I know that was the moment that Concelhaut's Skull went missing from my inventory in POE1. And the description said I didn't even remember what I had lost, so I rolled with it. But then everyone is talking about the skull in POE2, so maybe you DO remember the skull or maybe it was just another import bug.

• Like 2

But....How did Llengrath pass on their knowledge? I thought it was some kind of in-person mind-transfer? That they did at the end of training up their successor? I mean okay I haven't played that part in a bit, and I've only played it once so far,but that's the impression I got. Or did they just take up the mantle and not have all the knowledge that comes with it?

But....How did Llengrath pass on their knowledge? I thought it was some kind of in-person mind-transfer? That they did at the end of training up their successor? I mean okay I haven't played that part in a bit, and I've only played it once so far,but that's the impression I got. Or did they just take up the mantle and not have all the knowledge that comes with it?

I believe its a spell/ritual that does something like the Clone spell in D&D since there's a direct mention of you defeating the drakes and Llengrath together during the convo. So I think what happens is when one Llengrath dies the knowledge and memory are blackbox, shipped to the next in line, and then unpacked so that they gain all the former's knowledge, spells, and experiences. I'm assuming they do lose stuff over time, like a Snowball rolling down shill will pick up snow and rock but also shed them at times too. To what extent though its not really detailed.

• Like 2