Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

[Class Build] A Dance with Death (Shadowdancer 1.2 PotD solo)

Trickster Helwalker Tuotilo Shadowdancer PotD solo Solo Dance of Death

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

brasilgringo

brasilgringo

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 368 posts

Anyone know if this still is a viable POTD solo build in 4.0+?

guildwriter

guildwriter

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 207 posts

Define viable.  Upscaled?  All DLC?  All megabosses?  

I've played this build quite a bit in 3.0 PotD upscaled so here are my thoughts:

• Slime Megaboss is likely to be impassable.  Finite resources support your defenses and no self sustain except consumables.  Your deflection isn't high enough either to just dodge everything.  This fight is a major grind and without a way to "destroy" the first form, you're stuck doing the seperate and kill jig.  
  • BoW Dragon is likely to require a major shift in tactics.  This build relies a lot on CC to help reduce incoming damage.  Furthermore once the boss enters the "Spam Llengrath's Defenses mode things will get rough.  20 armor is a lot and the old Scordeo's/Rust's knockdown lock no longer works.
  • SSS Cipher Fight - With Fort this low Disintegration will always land.  Will require a major tactics shift.
  • SSS Changling Fight - No good innate bonuses means this fight is more or less an autoloss.  It's a stupid fight but it is what it is.
  • Nonock and The Oracle - Can't interrupt and caster bosses.  Again, tactics shift.

You can make it work, but there will be times where you probably have to go outside what the build's normal strategy is.  But I doubt it can clear every bit of content in the game.

• brasilgringo likes this

brasilgringo

brasilgringo

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 368 posts
Cool, thanks for the input. I'm still trying to find that elusive facetanking high damage solo build....

guildwriter

guildwriter

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 207 posts

Goldpact/Streetfighter is probably your best bet.

• whimper and brasilgringo like this

whimper

whimper

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 221 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Goldpact/Streetfighter is probably your best bet.

I’ll second that.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Trickster, Helwalker, Tuotilo, Shadowdancer, PotD solo, Solo, Dance of Death

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users