Hey guys, I love the conversation taking place in this forum. You had some great ideas that I implemented into my class concepts: Priest of Hylea and Priest of Abydon

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Now for Crusible Knight Paladin:

Crusible knight paladins focus on defence of themselves and allies

Description: The Crusible knights are an elite order of Knights devoted to the protection of Defiance bay and the mastery of blacksmithing. The original fighters for Dyrwood's independance from Aedyr, they are proud of their heritage and have enforced a ruling within the order that denies acceptance to all but soul relatives of the old heroic crusible knights of defiance bay. Crusible knights pay tribute to Abydon god of craft and industry and seek to improve themselves at every step. While they are adamant in their ideals about ancestry they have allowed the watcher to join their ranks and undergo through the martial training of a Justiciar.

(Favored Dispositions: Honest and Stoic, Disfavored Dispositions: Clever and  Deceptive)

The crusible knight gains the following effects:

1. Lay on hands now provides "Ironskin" at 25% reduced capability
  2. Crusible knights are notoriously tough: Grants Reforge the flesh (already in game effect see below) upon hitting Level 11, most powerful effect under their command
  3. Galvanize the flesh: when dying from Sacred Immolation the crusible knight erupts in a fireball of holy flame, dealing extreme fire damage to anyone nearby
  4. Flames of devotion now also deals extra 20% crush damage
  5. Work in the forge heat: Gain fire resistance as well as extra armor with their faith and devotion skill when wearing heavy armor

Crusible knights suffer heavy drawback because of their expanded list of effects:

1. Cannot cast Glorious Beacon
  2. Cannot cast Abjugation: Crusible knights are not known to fight spirits
  3. Cannot cast Light of Pure zeal
  4. Cannot cast Hastening Exhortation: Cruible knights are slow but more focused on defence
  5. Can only use Exalted Endurance, No other auras

wE2nXKO.png

JZVfs0r.jpg

Edited by NocturnalTrance
  • Like 2

"People fear, not death, but having life taken from them. Many waste the life given to them, occupying themselves with things that do not matter. When the end comes, they say they did not have time enough to spend with loved ones, to fulfill dreams, to go on adventures they only talked about... But why should you fear death if you are happy with the life you have led, if you can look back on everything and say, 'Yes, I am content. It is enough.'" ~Wynne, Dragon age Origins

Looks like a good set of spells and dispositions for an Abydon priest, nice job!

"Knights of the Crucible" and "Steel Garotte" subclasses for Paladin would be interesting.

Steel Garrot it's already in the game you can use that to unlock all the classes (i added the missing description for woedica priest and Steel Garrote plus italian localization), this is based on that mod  so credits to the original creator (Balkoth56)

Cool mod just downloaded it :)

• Like 1

"People fear, not death, but having life taken from them. Many waste the life given to them, occupying themselves with things that do not matter. When the end comes, they say they did not have time enough to spend with loved ones, to fulfill dreams, to go on adventures they only talked about... But why should you fear death if you are happy with the life you have led, if you can look back on everything and say, 'Yes, I am content. It is enough.'" ~Wynne, Dragon age Origins

Both the priest of Abydon and Hylea sounds really good.

I would spicy things up some new spells for them.

For Abydon:

Why having firebrand and spiritual weapon warhammer? I think they're mutual exclusive.

I would replace firebrand with a brand new spell: "Gift of the Forge": add burning lash to the weapon equipped (should be work with both summoned and regular weapon).

A passive talent called "Metallurgy": add +1 penetration to weapons and +1 armor rating. PL 4, should be compete with "Scion of Flame".

---------------

Hylea sounds perfect. Which spiritual weapon for her?

---------------

I tried to figure out an Ondra priest, the only problem is not making a mirror of the watershaper, I would see the priest more a disabler/support than an healer.

Maybe Abbydon's priests could have some of the abilities from Abbydon's hammer (PoE1).

• Like 1

sign.jpg

Looks like a good set of spells and dispositions for an Abydon priest, nice job!

"Knights of the Crucible" and "Steel Garotte" subclasses for Paladin would be interesting.

Steel Garrot it's already in the game you can use that to unlock all the classes (i added the missing description for woedica priest and Steel Garrote plus italian localization), this is based on that mod  so credits to the original creator (Balkoth56)

Cool mod just downloaded it :)

now i'm trying to fix the bird companion of the gunhawk, cuz atm you end to have a izisha clone

i have an old mod that did the job, but  i have to update it for the last patch.

• Like 1

Both the priest of Abydon and Hylea sounds really good.

I would spicy things up some new spells for them.

For Abydon:

Why having firebrand and spiritual weapon warhammer? I think they're mutual exclusive.

I would replace firebrand with a brand new spell: "Gift of the Forge": add burning lash to the weapon equipped (should be work with both summoned and regular weapon).

A passive talent called "Metallurgy": add +1 penetration to weapons and +1 armor rating. PL 4, should be compete with "Scion of Flame".

---------------

Hylea sounds perfect. Which spiritual weapon for her?

---------------

I tried to figure out an Ondra priest, the only problem is not making a mirror of the watershaper, I would see the priest more a disabler/support than an healer.

Maybe Abbydon's priests could have some of the abilities from Abbydon's hammer (PoE1).

Maybe if the spiritual warhammer is able to be made it could include a couple per encounter abilities that are tied to it, abilities that are similar to Abydon's hammer, but that would have to include new animations and particle effects, dunno if that is possible with the tools given. If it were to happen it would be cool to make them cc heavy abilities and reduce the damage as not to make the spiritual weapon overpowered.

Since Wizards are basically their D&D5E counterparts, a 5E style sorcerer would be cool. No Grimoires, but they come with metamagic that allows them to manipulate the spells they have in a variety of ways. Maybe sorcery points so you can trade them for more spell slots, or to empower your spells. No real lore justification for it, maybe it could be exclusive to Godlike.

Wild Mage, one of my all-time favorites. Add some randomness to your spell casts.

Eldritch Knight. Pure fighter that uses the Trickster's spell system, so you get some magic buffs, but still get the fighter goodies

• Like 2

Ok unlocked Bird Companion for any Ranger class (unsadly not Ghost Heart)

https://www.nexusmods.com/pillarsofeternity2/mods/140/

Check details about the pet name (if some devs can explain me how fix that in the proper way will be nice :) , here i've asked the same question )

Add Bird companion to any Ranger Class (Ghost Heart excluded)
Unsadly the name assigned at character creation isn't recognized , i'm trying to fix that but without devs help probably is impossible for me :p

Btw there is a workaround

with notepad++ in Pillars of Eternity II Deadfire\PillarsOfEternityII_Data\override\Bird
Companion\localized\en\text\game\ open characters.stringtable

change just this string replacing 'Hawk' with the name of your bird and save

<Entry>
<ID>1316</ID>
<DefaultText>Hawk</DefaultText>
<FemaleText />
</Entry>

to

<Entry>
<ID>1316</ID>
<DefaultText>your Pet Name</DefaultText>
<FemaleText />
</Entry>

Start the game ad load your save and you'ill have your companion renamed as you like.
You can use that with any localization just change the name of the 'en' folder to 'it' 'fr' 'es' etc. following your language.
Just remember to change that anytime if you have more runs with ranger&bird companion

P.S. I don't know if there are other birds/characters called 'hawk' in the game, if the answer is yes, probably also their names will be
replaced (Ishiza is fine already checked)

Edited by kilay
  • Like 2

Check details about the pet name (if some devs can explain me how fix that in the proper way will be nice :) , here i've asked the same question )

Unsadly the name assigned at character creation isn't recognized , i'm trying to fix that but without devs help probably is impossible for me :p

with notepad++ in Pillars of Eternity II Deadfire\PillarsOfEternityII_Data\override\Bird

<Entry>
<ID>1316</ID>
<FemaleText />
</Entry>

to

<Entry>
<ID>1316</ID>
<FemaleText />
</Entry>

Start the game ad load your save and you'ill have your companion renamed as you like.

You can use that with any localization just change the name of the 'en' folder to 'it' 'fr' 'es' etc. following your language.

Just remember to change that anytime if you have more runs with ranger&bird companion

P.S. I don't know if there are other birds/characters called 'hawk' in the game, if the answer is yes, probably also their names will be

So many cool mods! Can't wait to see the ones this thread is suggesting.

• Like 2

sign.jpg

<Entry>
<ID>1316</ID>
<FemaleText />
</Entry>

to

<Entry>
<ID>1316</ID>
<FemaleText />
</Entry>

Here's the mod with both summon bird and ghost bird :)

Though hasn't the part for the custom name, you need to put your modified stringable.

bird-companion-mod.zip

• Like 4

CzSyX91.jpg

<Entry>
<ID>1316</ID>
<FemaleText />
</Entry>

to

<Entry>
<ID>1316</ID>
<FemaleText />
</Entry>

Here's the mod with both summon bird and ghost bird :)

Though hasn't the part for the custom name, you need to put your modified stringable.

Thnks, i will update the mod and will put you in my credits :)

Edited by kilay
  • Like 2

Hey guys another class concept for ya!

The Biawak

The Biawak is a cipher who focuses on casting a number of echo and buff spells on themself and relying on soul whip to maintain their survivibility. The soul is no missing parts of its essence and the void left behind entropically absorbs nearby soul essence and unleashes it into violent spirit winds.

Description: The soul of a watcher is often times ancient and extremely powerful, it flares like a beacon from afar calling the lost souls Eora. The encounter with Eothas has caused a shift in the soul of the watcher. Their soul once bled pure essence into the world, now their shattered soul has become an unstable mass of entropic energy. Soul essence exits in and out and it flares violently in search for the fragments lost, the void inside the soul is the core of the watcher's newfound powers. Once spirits looked upon the soul for guidance, like a lone star in the night sky; no more, now they only find a swirling whirlpool of soul essence and geysers of discordant release.

The cipher gains the following effects:

1. Focus is automatically collected during combat
  2. Soul whip and a percentage of raw damage dealt now heal watcher, the lower the focus the more health drained
  3. The watcher can cast Echo buff abilities and Reaping knives on themself, their soul flares are responsible for this
  4. Can choose to cast an empowered form of amplified wave, "essence storm", that deals raw damage to enemies and allies alike but drains all focus
  5. Watcher abilities deal raw damage to enemies

The cipher has a couple of disadvantages:

1. Cannot cast Deception spells
  2. When casting echo buff spells on self suffer minimal to medium raw damage (increases with power level)
  3. When max focus is reached "essence storm" is cast and deals high damage on watcher
  4. Focus gain is slightly reduced

9jq7uVU.jpg

The "Void" takes control

• Like 3

Hey everyone, I'm going to attempt the animancer class, hope you guys like it

The Animancer (Rough concept)

The animancer is a melee summoner class that focuses on the use Trinkets and raw damage, ones equipped in the same slot as grimoires, they were something to be in the original game but are not yet included.

Description: Animancers are researchers of soul energy. Their technology is built with Adra and copper, materials known to channel essence. Animancy seeks to cure soul ailments, provide insight on the inner workings of the Wheel, the reincarnation cycle, and tame the wild energies of soul essence. Animancy is outlawed in many lands and universally feared. Dyrwood and the Valian Republics are some of the last settlements where animancy can be practiced. The watcher has practiced animancy following the events of the hollowborn crisis and arrives with renewed scientific curiosity in the Deadfire.

Resource: Essence, per encounter. 

Passive Abilities: Main arsenal of the animancer

1. Glowing adra enhancements: Trinkets now deal increased damage, this ability can be picked at four levels, (3,6,9,12), each rank of it increases the damage dealt
  2. Copper Wiring: Trinkets gain increased unmber of uses, can be picked at three levels (2,4, 8)
  3. Entropic Fire: Trinket effect duration is increased, can be picket at two levels (7, 14)
  4. Soul Flare: Applies "Radiation" effect to weapon used (deals raw damage over time and activates harvester of souls)
  5. Harvester of souls: Killing enemies with critical hits or raw damage adds +1 Essence for the remainder of the battle
  6. The Constructor: Constructs gain increased health and activate soul flare
  7. Null armor: Gains resistance against most damage but raw damage dealt to animancer increases
  8. Resonance: Pet effects are increased
  9. Telepathic link: Primary pet effects affect party too not only watcher
  10. Watcher's Insight: Watcher abilities heal your minions and become per encounter
  11. Watcher's lament: Watcher abilities deal raw damage to enemies
  12. The Tools of the Soul: Enables more uses of Figurines
  13. Improve the Fodder: Increase many of the stats of summons

Some active abilities hope to expand:

Can only have one summon active

1. Summon construct: throught the levels will summon, flesh and Iron constructs
  2. Summon skeleton: Till end of battle
  3. Bind Spirit: Summon shade till end of battle
  4. Push the engine: Constucts flare up and gain action speed and heal the Animancer with their damage
  5. Summon Spirit sabre: summons a weaker version of the animancer blade that has increased range and deals more "Soul Flare damage"
  6. The gadget master: Uses a lot of the resources to gain more uses on trinkets
  7. Minor Biawak: deals raw damage over small area
  8. Create mirror construct: immitates the enemy, takes on a spectral form that cannot engage enemies but deals damage
  9. Adra pillar: Drinks a foul liquid containing unprocessed adra that provides him with a random buff and random debuff
  10. Energy Shield: Gains defence against, can deflect spells
  11. The dark domain: nullifies effects, deals raw damage to those who have priest buffs active on them
  12. Mark the pray: increases damage from constructs

Trinkets: Soul cannon: attacks with raw essence, Anti-magic Bracelet: Deals damage to casters, Area of control: spins webs of essence to immobilize foes, The Adra port: Teleporter, cannot think of more but they are supposed to be steampunk copper gadgets that are reusable

ngWJGAJ.jpg

Some Ideas could help make the class, what do you guys think?

• Like 2

Hey guys, im going to try another priest class concept! This time priest of Ondra.

Priest of Ondra

The priest of Ondra is a priest with watershaping, healing and mind altering skills, attributed to Ondra's ability to alter the minds of even gods. This class is meant to be multiclasses with monk but can still stand ground as a solo priest.

Description: Ondra, known as Ngati to the Huana is the goddess of oceans, seas and forgotten things and places. The lady of lament long has inspired mythology that describes her romance with the moons. Ondra has a very special place in Huana culture and is the source of the watershaping arts and many monastic orders. Members of her monastic orders are known throughout Eora as the giftbearers, clergy dedicated to washing away unwanted memories, artifacts and ideas. Many of her giftbearers, however, are known as charlatans and thieves.

(Favored Dispositions: Passionate and Deceptive, Disfavored Dispossitions: Stoic and Rational)

The priest gains spells that correspond to Ondra when they reach a new power level. The priest is also given passive abilities.

Passive abilities:

1. Wash away the pain: "Holy radiance" consumes all gathered wounds, from monk multiclass, to be supercharged, provides large healing and bonus to will defence. Upon reaching max wounds restore one use of "Holy radiance"
  2. The tide has risen: The priest of ondra has increased penetration with water spells against confused, stunned or asleep targets
  3. Dichotomous soul provides two Ice clones instead of one, Fire clone removed

Active abilties per power level:

1. Ondra's Whip
  2. The Moon's Light, Spiritual Weapon: Unarmed: Fists transform into watery tentacles (particle effect similar to the snake summoned weapon), deal slash damage and have a chance to deal confusion
  3. Boiling spray or Lesser Moonwell
  4. Overwhelming Wave
  5. Ocean burst
  6. Twilight: "Confusion" with larger Aoe, makes enemies confused and has the effect of minor intercession, minor intercession removed from spell list
  7. The Tidebringer: Minor avatar changes to provides 2 wounds (if multiclassed with monk) and increases unarmed damage as well as the regular buffs, -4 power level after duration ends
  8. Ondra's greater whip/ Maura's greater tentacles: Increases tentacle number, uses the same model as ondra's whip
  9. Ondra's gift: Cannot use any equipped quickslot items, uses up all item/weapon/ armor abilities per rest uses, when hit minor chance of casting Overwhelming wave, provides Will defence bonus and minor heal over time, Incarnate: summon Greater Ice Blight

U2WiEIX.png

• Like 2

One Druid Subclass idea

Radiant soul

Radiant soul is a druid who lacks animal transformation, but receives increased effectiveness during the day and can deal with vessels very effectively.

Description: Radiant souls do not form circles or druidic sects. They lead a solitary life paying pilgrimage to the sun in mountain tops. They cannot transform into animals like their fellow druid since their power comes from connection to the celestial bodies and not nature itself. Radiant souls are naturally more effective in daylight where their abilities have a hook of power to draw upon. Many Radiant souls are followers of Eothas

The druid gains the following passives:

1. Drown in Day light: Cast Sunlance, Shining beacon, Diving mark, Searing seal, Sunbeam at +2 power level during daylight, gain resources gradually during battle in daylight
  2. The Dawn spear: Gain +2 Penetration to Vessels when using druid spells
  3. Untouched from summer heat: Gain fire resistance 

The druid gains the following active abilties per power level:

1. Sunbeam
  2. Firebrand
  3. Divine Mark
  4. Shinning Beacon
  5. Enduring Beacon
  6. Sunlance
  7. Delayed Fireball
  8. Fire Stag
  9. Light of Pure Zeal

Disadvantages: loses access to Beast, Frost and Decay spells

n6ieuB2.jpg

• Like 2

I have been making some weird classes so I might as well try the priest of Nemnok this time :p

Priest of Nemnok

The priest of Nemnok is an Anti-caster caster, the whole deal is to steal spell books so you might as well be equiped for the task. 

Description: Nemnok the Devourer is the biggest calamity of our age. His fiery pits are full of wailing fools and archmages, his libraries are stocked with the finest spellbooks. Nemnok the Devourer has appeared in the northern parts of the Deadfire. Fiery visions of his lean muscular physique have tormented the watcher and now they are one of the members of his legion. The ringing sound of Nemnok's voice echoes in the watcher's mind "Do not disappoint Nemnok lest you be DEVOURED".

(Favored Dispositions: Aggressive and Cruel, Disfavored Dispositions: Benevolent and Diplomatic)

Passive: Imp Skin: Magic resistance, the more grimoires you have in inventory

The priest gains spells that correspond to Nemnok when they reach a new power level:

1. Thrust of Tattered Veils
  2. Grimoire Slam, Spiritual Weapon: A grimoire that attacks like a weapon, pushes back
  3. Arcane Damperer
  4. Minor Arcane deflection
  5. Form of Helpless Beast
  6. Arcane Deflection
  7. Tayn's Chaotic Orb
  8. Major Grimoire Imprint
  9. Arcane Cleanse, Incarnate: Nemnok the Devourer

7f2gPUo.png

• Like 2

Just to point out that i've redid the Eder Unbroken-Streetfighter cuz i forgot to add the passive abilities  :banghead:  (not a great mod  :biggrin:  )

A fixed version is in upload

• Like 2

Steel Garrot it's already in the game you can use that to unlock all the classes (i added the missing description for woedica priest and Steel Garrote plus italian localization), this is based on that mod so credits to the original creator (Balkoth56)

You mean that mod added missing text for these hidden subclass or u did? Because the last time I tried that mod, these text was still missing.

Hey guys, I love the conversation taking place in this forum. You had some great ideas that I implemented into my class concepts: Priest of Hylea and Priest of Abydon

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Now for Crusible Knight Paladin:

Crusible knight paladins focus on defence of themselves and allies

Description: The Crusible knights are an elite order of Knights devoted to the protection of Defiance bay and the mastery of blacksmithing. The original fighters for Dyrwood's independance from Aedyr, they are proud of their heritage and have enforced a ruling within the order that denies acceptance to all but soul relatives of the old heroic crusible knights of defiance bay. Crusible knights pay tribute to Abydon god of craft and industry and seek to improve themselves at every step. While they are adamant in their ideals about ancestry they have allowed the watcher to join their ranks and undergo through the martial training of a Justiciar.

(Favored Dispositions: Honest and Stoic, Disfavored Dispositions: Clever and Deceptive)

The crusible knight gains the following effects:

• Lay on hands now provides "Ironskin" at 25% reduced capability
  • Crusible knights are notoriously tough: Grants Reforge the flesh (already in game effect see below) upon hitting Level 11, most powerful effect under their command
  • Galvanize the flesh: when dying from Sacred Immolation the crusible knight erupts in a fireball of holy flame, dealing extreme fire damage to anyone nearby
  • Flames of devotion now also deals extra 20% crush damage
  • Work in the forge heat: Gain fire resistance as well as extra armor with their faith and devotion skill when wearing heavy armor
Crusible knights suffer heavy drawback because of their expanded list of effects:
  • Cannot cast Glorious Beacon
  • Cannot cast Abjugation: Crusible knights are not known to fight spirits
  • Cannot cast Light of Pure zeal
  • Cannot cast Hastening Exhortation: Cruible knights are slow but more focused on defence
  • Can only use Exalted Endurance, No other auras

wE2nXKO.png

JZVfs0r.jpg

Personally I like all your ideas here but one thing i concern is if the subclass fitting the original game or not. Since all the current paladin subclass has only minor change to the original mechanism. If you make a new subclass that looks like a class overhaul, I feel it’s very weird and not fit the game.

If I was you, I would pick the most unique feature and imply it into the subclass. Like all the existing paladin subclasses, even they have only one feature, it distinguishes their role clearly. BW as a striker, kw as healer, goldpact as defender and shieldbearer as tanker/supporter.

I’d do something like this:

Crucible Knight:

Reforge while swinging: alternate FoD, now your FoD add a cumulativd 5% crush damage and +0.5 armor to yourself. This effect ends if you target another enemy.

This makes the crucible knight very good at tanking/dps on single target. The more u FoD the target, you get more and more crush lash and armor bonus. But it’s almost useless when killing a lot weaker enemies, which balanced the subclass.

Edited by dunehunter
  • Like 1

Steel Garrot it's already in the game you can use that to unlock all the classes (i added the missing description for woedica priest and Steel Garrote plus italian localization), this is based on that mod so credits to the original creator (Balkoth56)

You mean that mod added missing text for these hidden subclass or u did? Because the last time I tried that mod, these text was still missing.

yes, check in the optional files

• Like 1

First of let me thank all mod creators in this thread for letting us muggles sprout ideas so they might eventually find their way into the game. Next let me share my delight with the amount of love druids seem to be getting in this thread, just great :).

Its great that we already have the Defiler / Blighter druid incoming, as well as a concept for the Sun druid (Radiant Soul), I did also see a shout out for a plant druid, something i would adore, and imho could easily be implemented in game because its already 80% prebuilt by the devs, simply needs to be codified into a sub thats all. So without further ado, i present here the:

Leaflord / Silvan / Greenweaver

The Leaflord is a druid who is highly attuned to the green places of Eora, may they be the single pine on the windswept tundra, the steaming vibrant jungle or the emerald kelp forests beneath the waves, all are under his sway. From his connection to soul of the land most, if not all, greenweaving powers spring forth, skin as tough as bark, vines twisting and turning on but a whisper, the very forest itself coming to life with but a single command. It is said that those to be counted among the followers of this ancient way are things more of leaf, branch and bark, rather then Kith of flesh and bone, and even more silent whispers tell of those whom have, like their beloved green, seen ancient empires rise and fall, but surely those stories are just anything but conjecture and myths..

Bonus:

Instead of an animal form, Leaflords spiritshift into a Lurker. All plant druid spells are Foe Only. Killing an enemy while spiritshifted extends the duration of the shift. 

Penalty:

cannot cast fire spells

Automatically learns following spells:

1) Tanglefoot

2) Woodskin

3) new: Call Sporelings: Summons three Sporelings to aid the druid in combat

4) Wicked Brairs

5) Wall of Thorns

6) Venombloom

7) Lashing Vine

8 ) new: Call Lurkers: Summons two Lurkers to aid the druid in combat

9) Pollen Patch

Edited by Bloemkool1
  • Like 2

Re: Leaflord, it's definitely doable, and at a glance looks balanced and appropriate. The Spiritshift and new summon spells would be the main challenge. Everything else is just creating duplicate abilities and modifying progression tables.

• Like 1

If I'm typing in red, it means I'm being sarcastic. But not this time.

Dark green, on the other hand, is for jokes and irony in general.

While I have played around with summoning spells in my mods, I found it diffult to get the creature and character prefabs. I think there should be a way to list them out. After we have the names of the character prefabs we want, Lurker and Sporeling, it should be a piece of cake to mod this class into the game B}

Cool idea by the way!