Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The Class and Subclass ideas forum

Priest Rogue Barbarian Fighter Wizard Cipher Chanter Monk Druid

• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

kilay

kilay

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 524 posts

Just to point out that i've redid the Eder Unbroken-Streetfighter cuz i forgot to add the passive abilities  :banghead:  (not a great mod  :biggrin:  )

A fixed version is in upload

• InsaneCommander and NocturnalTrance like this

Murp

Murp

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 141 posts
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

I'm surprised nobody brought up the Fellows of Saint Waidwen as a paladin order yet.

• TT1, InsaneCommander and NocturnalTrance like this

1TTFFSSE

1TTFFSSE

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 527 posts

Oracle/ Mystic/ Hierophant

need a bit of love no one is making builds for those three class combos.

GravitonGamer

GravitonGamer

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • Steam:jacetheace

Oracle/ Mystic/ Hierophant

need a bit of love no one is making builds for those three class combos.

I made a pure caster cipher subclass mod if you're interested. I play a Hierophant with it myself.

https://www.nexusmod...ernity2/mods/98

• NocturnalTrance likes this

dunehunter

dunehunter

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2520 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Gold Backer
  • Fig Backer

Looks like a good set of spells and dispositions for an Abydon priest, nice job!

"Knights of the Crucible" and "Steel Garotte" subclasses for Paladin would be interesting.

Steel Garrot it's already in the game you can use that to unlock all the classes (i added the missing description for woedica priest and Steel Garrote plus italian localization), this is based on that mod so credits to the original creator (Balkoth56)

You mean that mod added missing text for these hidden subclass or u did? Because the last time I tried that mod, these text was still missing.

dunehunter

dunehunter

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2520 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Gold Backer
  • Fig Backer

Hey guys, I love the conversation taking place in this forum. You had some great ideas that I implemented into my class concepts: Priest of Hylea and Priest of Abydon
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Now for Crusible Knight Paladin:

Crusible knight paladins focus on defence of themselves and allies

Description: The Crusible knights are an elite order of Knights devoted to the protection of Defiance bay and the mastery of blacksmithing. The original fighters for Dyrwood's independance from Aedyr, they are proud of their heritage and have enforced a ruling within the order that denies acceptance to all but soul relatives of the old heroic crusible knights of defiance bay. Crusible knights pay tribute to Abydon god of craft and industry and seek to improve themselves at every step. While they are adamant in their ideals about ancestry they have allowed the watcher to join their ranks and undergo through the martial training of a Justiciar.

(Favored Dispositions: Honest and Stoic, Disfavored Dispositions: Clever and Deceptive)

The crusible knight gains the following effects:

• Lay on hands now provides "Ironskin" at 25% reduced capability
  • Crusible knights are notoriously tough: Grants Reforge the flesh (already in game effect see below) upon hitting Level 11, most powerful effect under their command
  • Galvanize the flesh: when dying from Sacred Immolation the crusible knight erupts in a fireball of holy flame, dealing extreme fire damage to anyone nearby
  • Flames of devotion now also deals extra 20% crush damage
  • Work in the forge heat: Gain fire resistance as well as extra armor with their faith and devotion skill when wearing heavy armor
Crusible knights suffer heavy drawback because of their expanded list of effects:
  • Cannot cast Glorious Beacon
  • Cannot cast Abjugation: Crusible knights are not known to fight spirits
  • Cannot cast Light of Pure zeal
  • Cannot cast Hastening Exhortation: Cruible knights are slow but more focused on defence
  • Can only use Exalted Endurance, No other auras

wE2nXKO.png

JZVfs0r.jpg

Personally I like all your ideas here but one thing i concern is if the subclass fitting the original game or not. Since all the current paladin subclass has only minor change to the original mechanism. If you make a new subclass that looks like a class overhaul, I feel it’s very weird and not fit the game.

If I was you, I would pick the most unique feature and imply it into the subclass. Like all the existing paladin subclasses, even they have only one feature, it distinguishes their role clearly. BW as a striker, kw as healer, goldpact as defender and shieldbearer as tanker/supporter.

I’d do something like this:

Crucible Knight:

Reforge while swinging: alternate FoD, now your FoD add a cumulativd 5% crush damage and +0.5 armor to yourself. This effect ends if you target another enemy.

This makes the crucible knight very good at tanking/dps on single target. The more u FoD the target, you get more and more crush lash and armor bonus. But it’s almost useless when killing a lot weaker enemies, which balanced the subclass.

Edited by dunehunter, 10 July 2018 - 10:34 AM.

kilay

kilay

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 524 posts

Looks like a good set of spells and dispositions for an Abydon priest, nice job!

"Knights of the Crucible" and "Steel Garotte" subclasses for Paladin would be interesting.

Steel Garrot it's already in the game you can use that to unlock all the classes (i added the missing description for woedica priest and Steel Garrote plus italian localization), this is based on that mod so credits to the original creator (Balkoth56)

You mean that mod added missing text for these hidden subclass or u did? Because the last time I tried that mod, these text was still missing.

yes, check in the optional files

• dunehunter likes this

Bloemkool1

Bloemkool1

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 21 posts

First of let me thank all mod creators in this thread for letting us muggles sprout ideas so they might eventually find their way into the game. Next let me share my delight with the amount of love druids seem to be getting in this thread, just great :).

Its great that we already have the Defiler / Blighter druid incoming, as well as a concept for the Sun druid (Radiant Soul), I did also see a shout out for a plant druid, something i would adore, and imho could easily be implemented in game because its already 80% prebuilt by the devs, simply needs to be codified into a sub thats all. So without further ado, i present here the:

Leaflord / Silvan / Greenweaver

The Leaflord is a druid who is highly attuned to the green places of Eora, may they be the single pine on the windswept tundra, the steaming vibrant jungle or the emerald kelp forests beneath the waves, all are under his sway. From his connection to soul of the land most, if not all, greenweaving powers spring forth, skin as tough as bark, vines twisting and turning on but a whisper, the very forest itself coming to life with but a single command. It is said that those to be counted among the followers of this ancient way are things more of leaf, branch and bark, rather then Kith of flesh and bone, and even more silent whispers tell of those whom have, like their beloved green, seen ancient empires rise and fall, but surely those stories are just anything but conjecture and myths..

Bonus:

Instead of an animal form, Leaflords spiritshift into a Lurker. All plant druid spells are Foe Only. Killing an enemy while spiritshifted extends the duration of the shift. 

Penalty:

cannot cast fire spells

Automatically learns following spells:

1) Tanglefoot

2) Woodskin

3) new: Call Sporelings: Summons three Sporelings to aid the druid in combat

4) Wicked Brairs

5) Wall of Thorns

6) Venombloom

7) Lashing Vine

8 ) new: Call Lurkers: Summons two Lurkers to aid the druid in combat

9) Pollen Patch

Edited by Bloemkool1, 14 July 2018 - 01:02 AM.

• Piero and NocturnalTrance like this

gkathellar

gkathellar

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2007 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Re: Leaflord, it's definitely doable, and at a glance looks balanced and appropriate. The Spiritshift and new summon spells would be the main challenge. Everything else is just creating duplicate abilities and modifying progression tables.

NocturnalTrance

NocturnalTrance

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 112 posts

While I have played around with summoning spells in my mods, I found it diffult to get the creature and character prefabs. I think there should be a way to list them out. After we have the names of the character prefabs we want, Lurker and Sporeling, it should be a piece of cake to mod this class into the game B}

Cool idea by the way!

Bloemkool1

Bloemkool1

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 21 posts

Here's my take on the Twilight Druid discussed earlier in this thread;

Twilight Druid / Wheelbreaker / Scion of Eora

Whereas most Kith are contented to be churned amongst the ever turning Wheel of Berath the Wheelbreaker finds no solace in this fate. The land itself whispers of ancient betrayals, and of forgotten knowledge pertaining the natural order of things. Highly attuned to these flickers upon the shadows of leaves, Wheelbreakers try to seek out these hidden truths, oft finding themselves in dark, damp and foreboding places, an eerie forest, a dark cave or yawning chasm, an overgrown tomb or a forgotten Engwithian ruin. However as oft is the case for those who seek answers in the dark shadows seem to move at an unnatural pace, and the wind carries the sound of creaking bones drawing ever closer. Luckily you came well prepared to face down your eternal foe, and with a soft incantation your magic springs to life in your hands, ready to swiftly equalize the balance of essence in your favor. These coveted secrets will be yours, but at what price?

Bonus:

Instead of an animal form, Wheelbreakers spiritshift into a Fampyr. While in Fampyr form they have access to the Dominating Gaze ability.  Killing an enemy while spiritshifted extends the duration of the shift, double if the enemy is a vessel.

Penalty:

cannot cast elemental spells

1) Concelhaut's Parasitic Staff       > Blackthorn's Cane

2) Concelhaut's Corrosive Siphon  > Blackthorn's Succor

3) Concelhaut's Draining Touch    > Blackthorn's Grasp / Fampyric Grasp

4) Concelhaut's Draining Missiles  > Blackthorn's Vile Splinters

5) Barring Deaths Door  

6) Triumph of the Crusaders        > Death is Life

7) Concelhaut's Crushing Doom    > Blackthorn's Judgement

8 ) Regenerate

9) Cloak of Death

• Piero and NocturnalTrance like this

Bloemkool1

Bloemkool1

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 21 posts

As a token of thanks and in celebration of almost completing the full priest roster representing all of the gods by NocturnalTrance here's my take on the last of the Mohicans;

Priest of Galawain

Galawain is patron of the hunt in all its forms, and he is honored by those whose occupations are concerned with pursuit and discovery. His faithful include frontiersmen, constables, treasure-seekers, explorers, and even scholars, many of whom wear his carved symbol – a dog's head – around their wrist or neck. He is also protector of wild places and untamed wilderness, where the hunt manifests in its purest form as a daily struggle for survival. Priests of Galawain are found in the wild and untamed places of the world, sometimes on the fringes of society, where they teach survival of the fittest by leading in example, as the god of the hunt does not suffer those who sit idle in lieu of others doing their work for them. Harsh but fair, for all can advance if given the right opportunity under the watchful gaze of Galawain. 

Bonus:

1) Nature's Mark

2) Taste of the Hunt

3) Arcane Dampener (no cheating the hunt)

4) Devotions for the Faithfull

5) Form of the Helpless beast

6) Spiritual Ally (spirit animal)

7) Caedebald's Blackbow

8 ) Symbol of Galawain (same as Symbol of Skaen)

9) new: Galawains Chosen: Summons 3 champions of Galawain (spirit animals) to aid the caster in combat.

Special Spells:

1) Spiritual Weapon = Spiritual Transformation: Priests of Galawain can spiritshift into a wolf. Killing an enemy while spiritshifted extends the duration of the shift. The wolf has access to the knockdown ability.

2) Incarnate = Aspect of Galawain 

Ps: I am fully aware this places the Blackbow within multi-class territory, this is intended in order to make ranger / priest of Galawain able to use it, as i feel pure-classed Galawain priests would be exceedingly rare.

Edit: Brought concept more in line with other priests.

Edited by Bloemkool1, 15 July 2018 - 03:49 AM.

• Ophiuchus and NocturnalTrance like this

NocturnalTrance

NocturnalTrance

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 112 posts

As a token of thanks and in celebration of almost completing the full priest roster representing all of the gods by NocturnalTrance here's my take on the last of the Mohicans;

Priest of Galawain

Galawain is patron of the hunt in all its forms, and he is honored by those whose occupations are concerned with pursuit and discovery. His faithful include frontiersmen, constables, treasure-seekers, explorers, and even scholars, many of whom wear his carved symbol – a dog's head – around their wrist or neck. He is also protector of wild places and untamed wilderness, where the hunt manifests in its purest form as a daily struggle for survival. Priests of Galawain are found in the wild and untamed places of the world, sometimes on the fringes of society, where they teach survival of the fittest by leading in example, as the god of the hunt does not suffer those who sit idle in lieu of others doing their work for them. Harsh but fair, for all can advance if given the right opportunity under the watchful gaze of Galawain. 

Bonus:

1) Nature's Mark

2) Taste of the Hunt

3) Arcane Dampener (no cheating the hunt)

4) Devotions for the Faithfull

5) Form of the Helpless beast

6) Spiritual Ally (spirit animal)

7) Caedebald's Blackbow

8 ) Symbol of Galawain (same as Symbol of Skaen)

9) new: Galawains Chosen: Summons 3 champions of Galawain (spirit animals) to aid the caster in combat.

Special Spells:

1) Spiritual Weapon = Spiritual Transformation: Priests of Galawain can spiritshift into a wolf. Killing an enemy while spiritshifted extends the duration of the shift. The wolf has access to the knockdown ability.

2) Incarnate = Aspect of Galawain 

Ps: I am fully aware this places the Blackbow within multi-class territory, this is intended in order to make ranger / priest of Galawain able to use it, as i feel pure-classed Galawain priests would be exceedingly rare.

Edit: Brought concept more in line with other priests.

That's a cool idea!!! Will look into on how I could implement Priest of Galawain into the game. :}

Also maybe priest of Nemnok? Perhaps lol

Love the Silvan/Leaflord idea too much, so I will work on that too :D

Edited by NocturnalTrance, 15 July 2018 - 07:12 AM.

• Bloemkool1 likes this

Bloemkool1

Bloemkool1

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 21 posts

Thanks a bundle, that's great news! Glad you like my ideas.

Priest of NEMNOK VERI GUD, NEMNOK MIGHTY.. NEMNOK GODD, ALL HAIL ... NEM..NO...KK..KKK ...EH .......EH UH..

Kidding aside, the priest of NEMNOK should be all about getting that POWER LEVEL over 9000! :p

Core tenets of the NEMNOKian fate would be amassing great power, stealing, borrowing -reacquiring- lost power, outsmarting and beguiling / duping followers into getting you even more power, REVENGE on Arkemyr, CUZ NEMNOK GOD HATES ARKEMYR BETRAYER .. EH, TALKING ALL CAPS CUZ .. EH

Which leads me to:

Priest of NEMNOK

MIGHTY NEMNOK IS GOD OF POWER..EH. ALL FOLLOW NEMNOK, NO FOLLOW NEMNOK NO EXIST..EH. NEMNOK IS ALL, NEMNOK IS LIFE, NEMNOK IS LOVE, PRAISE NEMNOK. NEMNOK PRIEST FOLLOW NEMNOK. GOOD. NEMNOK SHOW WAY TO POWER..EH. NEMNOK SHOW, PRIEST GIVE, GOOD..EH. NOW GO FETCH MY SLIPPERS ...EH..

Bonus:

1) Slicken                                   > NEMNOK .....

2) Infuse with Vital Essence       > ...... OF NEMNOK

3) Ryngrim's Repulsive Visage  > NEMNOK PRETTY

4) Minor Grimoire Imprint           > GIVE THAT BACK!

5) Ringleader                             > ALL HAIL NEMNOK

6) Borrowed Instinct                   > YOU SO STUPID YU

7) Minor Avatar                          > TINY NEMNOK .. EH

8 ) X OF NEMNOK - X marks the spot, no seriously, same as Symbol of Magran.

9) KANGAXX, NEMNOK BEST FRIEND - renamed Concelhaut skull summon with spells.

Special Spells:

1) Spiritual Weapon: dual wield WAND OF UTTER DOOM and STICK OF TRUTH

2) Incarnate: BLESSED FORM OF MOST HOLY NEMNOK.. EH

Edited by Bloemkool1, 17 July 2018 - 07:16 AM.

TT1

TT1

Transcendent Spirit of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 299 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Lords of the Eastern Reach Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

I had success spawning Nemnok, so we can even summon him if you need a high level ability.

• NocturnalTrance and kilay like this

Bloemkool1

Bloemkool1

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 21 posts

Guys as you can tell i like making up builds and tying disparate abilities, ideas and concepts into a whole in order to create some fun classes, that you guys, the modders, can then turn into the real deal.

However i don't know how much of what i make up is actually possible to be realized in game, which leaves me with a few questions.

1) Are all abilities we see in game freely interchangeable between classes?

2) Are all game assets able to be turned into abilities? (summoning NEMNOK would be one such example)

3) Can we give attribute points to characters at certain points / during lvling, or can we tie them to skills as passives?(mgt, dex, etc) 

4) Can we give skill points to characters at certain points / during lvling, or can we tie them to skills as passives? (alch, atle, diplo, etc)

5) I've seen a mod (bard class) implementing  a new class / abilities, so i know that its sort of possible, but can we create more classes like say the trickster rogue, but for fighters, ciphers, barbarians etc etc, or the opposite martial abilities for wizards (as in full attacks) etc etc. This would open up so much design space, but possibly take some power away from multi-classing (which is very very strong compared to single class atm)

This is all what comes to mind right now, i'm sure ill think of some more questions later

kilay

kilay

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 524 posts

Guys as you can tell i like making up builds and tying disparate abilities, ideas and concepts into a whole in order to create some fun classes, that you guys, the modders, can then turn into the real deal.

However i don't know how much of what i make up is actually possible to be realized in game, which leaves me with a few questions.

1) Are all abilities we see in game freely interchangeable between classes?

2) Are all game assets able to be turned into abilities? (summoning NEMNOK would be one such example)

3) Can we give attribute points to characters at certain points / during lvling, or can we tie them to skills as passives?(mgt, dex, etc) 

4) Can we give skill points to characters at certain points / during lvling, or can we tie them to skills as passives? (alch, atle, diplo, etc)

5) I've seen a mod (bard class) implementing  a new class / abilities, so i know that its sort of possible, but can we create more classes like say the trickster rogue, but for fighters, ciphers, barbarians etc etc, or the opposite martial abilities for wizards (as in full attacks) etc etc. This would open up so much design space, but possibly take some power away from multi-classing (which is very very strong compared to single class atm)

This is all what comes to mind right now, i'm sure ill think of some more questions later

1) Basically yes but require a bit of effort to works and to be compatible with other mods

2) Yes, atm you can already spam him  using console

3) You can create some sort of item/ability that add attribute points

4) same as 3

5) Yes

Edited by kilay, 17 July 2018 - 07:24 AM.

• NocturnalTrance and Bloemkool1 like this

dunehunter

dunehunter

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2520 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Gold Backer
  • Fig Backer

Here's my take on the Twilight Druid discussed earlier in this thread;

Twilight Druid / Wheelbreaker / Scion of Eora

Whereas most Kith are contented to be churned amongst the ever turning Wheel of Berath the Wheelbreaker finds no solace in this fate. The land itself whispers of ancient betrayals, and of forgotten knowledge pertaining the natural order of things. Highly attuned to these flickers upon the shadows of leaves, Wheelbreakers try to seek out these hidden truths, oft finding themselves in dark, damp and foreboding places, an eerie forest, a dark cave or yawning chasm, an overgrown tomb or a forgotten Engwithian ruin. However as oft is the case for those who seek answers in the dark shadows seem to move at an unnatural pace, and the wind carries the sound of creaking bones drawing ever closer. Luckily you came well prepared to face down your eternal foe, and with a soft incantation your magic springs to life in your hands, ready to swiftly equalize the balance of essence in your favor. These coveted secrets will be yours, but at what price?

Bonus:

Instead of an animal form, Wheelbreakers spiritshift into a Fampyr. While in Fampyr form they have access to the Dominating Gaze ability. Killing an enemy while spiritshifted extends the duration of the shift, double if the enemy is a vessel.

Penalty:

cannot cast elemental spells

1) Concelhaut's Parasitic Staff > Blackthorn's Cane

2) Concelhaut's Corrosive Siphon > Blackthorn's Succor

3) Concelhaut's Draining Touch > Blackthorn's Grasp / Fampyric Grasp

4) Concelhaut's Draining Missiles > Blackthorn's Vile Splinters

5) Barring Deaths Door

6) Triumph of the Crusaders > Death is Life

7) Concelhaut's Crushing Doom > Blackthorn's Judgement

8 ) Regenerate

9) Cloak of Death

Shouldn’t you get more power by drinking kith blood? It makes more sense that your fampyr form extended after u kill a kith instead of any enemies. And why double after killing vessels?

Bloemkool1

Bloemkool1

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 21 posts

Dunehunter the class is not an attempt at creating a true Fampyr / vampire class. Imho a actual Fampyr class would be a Cipher subclass in this game. 

It is a first attempt at a dark druid type class not focused on decay, but rather life-bonds and that which connect all. Thus in Eora a focus on the in- Between / soul essence and manipulation of both through pulling on the threads that bind us, and the world together. In a sense a Wheelbreaker is one who seeks immortality trough essence manipulation, more or less like animancy only through esoteric / soul related means.

The Fampyr is just sort of a placeholder, considering the class is a druid and so needs a spiritshift. If the assets would be in place in game the class could probably shift into a Were - Bat, Raven, Owl etc etc, Something both death and animal related.

The anti-vessel ability is sort of explained in the story of the class. Because the Wheelbreaker actively seeks to avoid the Wheel he is in direct opposition with Berath, and vessels are mostly minions of Berath and often found in ruins, which hold (could hold) the secrets this class is after, thus making them mortal enemies. (insofar as undead are not already mortal enemies of the living) And i guess there's also a form of jealousy in regard to sentient vessels, seeing as they've already archived what Wheelbreakers are after, albeit through other means (Berath).

dunehunter

dunehunter

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2520 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Gold Backer
  • Fig Backer

Dunehunter the class is not an attempt at creating a true Fampyr / vampire class. Imho a actual Fampyr class would be a Cipher subclass in this game. 

It is a first attempt at a dark druid type class not focused on decay, but rather life-bonds and that which connect all. Thus in Eora a focus on the in- Between / soul essence and manipulation of both through pulling on the threads that bind us, and the world together. In a sense a Wheelbreaker is one who seeks immortality trough essence manipulation, more or less like animancy only through esoteric / soul related means.

The Fampyr is just sort of a placeholder, considering the class is a druid and so needs a spiritshift. If the assets would be in place in game the class could probably shift into a Were - Bat, Raven, Owl etc etc, Something both death and animal related.

The anti-vessel ability is sort of explained in the story of the class. Because the Wheelbreaker actively seeks to avoid the Wheel he is in direct opposition with Berath, and vessels are mostly minions of Berath and often found in ruins, which hold (could hold) the secrets this class is after, thus making them mortal enemies. (insofar as undead are not already mortal enemies of the living) And i guess there's also a form of jealousy in regard to sentient vessels, seeing as they've already archived what Wheelbreakers are after, albeit through other means (Berath).

Okay so the wheelbreaker is of anti-vessel theme but itself can turn into a vessel...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Priest, Rogue, Barbarian, Fighter, Wizard, Cipher, Chanter, Monk, Druid

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users