Big fan of mods so if that's not your thing this probably isn't for you, and I respect that, this is one of my favs as I can pick and choose and the buffs seem great for potd/Deadly Deadfire.

https://www.nexusmods.com/pillarsofeternity2/mods/72?tab=description

The cipher buffs in question buff cast time on most spells to 1.5 and ascendant damage to 30% on biting whip 15% on the other. 

Using monastic unarmed, biting whip, both pen buffs and dual weapon and going pure ascendant 

(human laborer from the deadfire)

M 15

C 13

D 15

P 16

I 11

R 13

Open with a single pistol, swap to fisticuffs till ascended. then spam cipher spells. Little slow on the focus gain, probably could have gone the other whip but I liked doing decent auto damage.

RP him as the guy who took some time to meditate and work with his hands to expand his mind, needs only his fists and his mind, not some ungodly monk but a force to be reckoned with nonetheless. I like to focus on sleight of hands and stealth, stealing is fun in this game (for me) and it kinda makes sense for a mind bender brawler ( and have Eder do my mechanics ) and Bluff/Insight or some of my fav RP skills. (I know diplomatic is more useful but I see this dude as more of a manipulator then someone who calms people down).

Its of course not a full build but I like it, gear wise focus on con and acc. 

PoE II - The age of monks and unarmed fights :D

I really happy that monk unarmed weapon can be used by any class, in PoE I this talent was garbage
But I still don't understand why unarmed weapon so strong or why in PoE II so few good weapons :( 

And the main question why 11 int, in 1.2 borrowed instinct was nerf. to 20s

Edited by mant2si

Solo PotD builds: The Glanfathan Soul Hunter (Neutral seer. Dominate and manipulate your enemies), Harbinger of Doom (Dark shaman. Burn and sacrifice, yourself and enemies for Skaen sake)