Disappearing Saves

Anaeme

Question

2 answers to this question

Hi Anaeme,

We are currently aware of this issue of users' saves disappearing and are working hard to investigate the cause. We need help from users like you in order to root out the core problem so if you could provide us with as much detail as you can regarding this occurrence, we'd very much appreciate it. Details we are looking for are the following:

• Are your saves not present from the Main Menu screen in-game? Or are the files completely gone from your save file location?

Note: Your save files should be found in your respective platform's file destination https://support.obsidian.net/article/13-where-are-the-save-game-files-stored

• Do you have Cloud Sync enabled? Or have you disabled Cloud Sync recently? (Disabling Cloud Sync will not sync to any save files created in the Cloud)
  • What patch versions have your saves been present through? (ex: Patch v1.0.2 - Patch v1.1.1)
  • Did your saves disappear right after updating to this latest patch? Or did this occur on this latest patch sometime while you were playing?
  • Do newly created save files also disappear?
  • Are you switching between different platforms? (ex: PC to Mac, Linux to PC, Mac to Linux, etc.)
  • Anything else you can think of that you think may have caused this to occur

This is an issue we are fiercely determined to resolve and we need your help from the community to root out the problem. Lastly, could you please provide us with your DxDiag and output log files after loading into the Main Menu?

We greatly appreciate your patience and support.

-Jon

I also experienced this. I noticed it happens when saving while the game is paused.

please note that this was before the latest patch. I don't really want to test it for myself right now because I don't want to risk having one of my saves to disappear. Basically, I have game paused, then I save manually (not quicksave), then immediately one of my saves are gone when I click load game.

Edited by boybrushdRED