Before buying the DLC's, it would be interesting thath players know some basic features:

1 - How many gameplay hours has any DLC aproximately?

2 - Can DLC be played after finishing PoE2 campaign or only before (like White March)?

3 - What is the recommended party level to play the DLC's aproximately?

Dont know.

I just hope they dont end up cancelling the expansions because the game isnt selling.

Deadfire is selling incredibly badly for some reason.

It has dropped right out of the steam top 100

Do you have figures and facts to support this kind of stuff? I see this claim now and then but no evidence. 

• Like 1

There have been a few people starting threads here insisting that the game is a bomb because of steam rankings. My understanding is that those are no longer very reliable after steam changed how it tracks sales or somesuch.

It had a successful crowdsourcing campaign. But even if it did sell less than PoE1 (sequels tend to see diminishing returns), all that matters is that sales met or exceeded Obsidian's *internal* targets and projections. Long story short, nobody knows — but there certainly haven't been any hints from Obsidian that the game was a financial disappointment the way there were with, say, Tyranny (not that that necessarily tells us much). Also keep in mind that Tyranny being a financial failure didn't stop it from getting its DLC, and that game bombed hard.

So yes, I'm sure all of the planned DLC will be produced (for a lot of reasons beyond sales profit). As for the length, I think one of the devs recently compared them to the Fallout: New Vegas DLCs in terms of content.

• Like 6

Dont know.

I just hope they dont end up cancelling the expansions because the game isnt selling.

Deadfire is selling incredibly badly for some reason.

It has dropped right out of the steam top 100

Do you have figures and facts to support this kind of stuff? I see this claim now and then but no evidence. 

just go check the top seller lists on steam there is also numerous reprots about this on forums around the place saying it is not performing

Hey I love Deadfire and want it to succeed so they make a trilogy 

unfortunately all the evidence is pointing towards deadfire not selling

I have no idea why it is a great game apart from the unbelievably messy balancing issues ,terrible ship combat and very bad narrative and writing

Edited by no1fanboy

If the level cap increases they would have to make changes to UI as well and also invent some more high level abilities for all classes. I would say that's too much fuzz for a supposedly "smaller" DLC (than WM I and II). But I would be happy if they increase it and add some more cool ability stuff.

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

beast of winter is still winter theme much the same like white march i think? i really hope for more gameplay mechanics (new skills, builds, etc.) other than just purely story content. and here's hoping for mirke romance :p

Edited by Archaven
  • Like 1

I'd be surprised if they didn't raise the level cap like New Vegas or at least put in some new abilities.

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

I'm hoping they add a few new class abilities and also maybe increase the level cap while there at it.

Edited by wolfrider100

" Life... is strength. That is not to be contested, it seems

logical enough. You live, you affect your world. "

Jon Irenicus ´

Still, it's weird we don't know anything about this DLC, less than a month before release. 

Nothing about level cap.

Nothing about location (fingers crossed for Naasitaq)

Nothing about new skills or classes.

Nothing about new companions/ships/factions.

Nothing about release date.

No anticipation, no excitement.

That feels weird. Was it the same thing when WM1&2 were released? Feels like there is not much to talk about, nobody is exciting or anything...

• Like 1

There should be a QA stream this week, should there not? IIRC they said as much at the end of the previous one.

I would expect them to say something about the expansion during the stream.

Edited by AndreaColombo

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus